Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I find it funny despite being the one with the [CENSORED] background there is actually more info on Outis than there is on Meursault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Do you think there's any deeper meaning to the four groups of three in the Limbus Company promo video (Faust/Ishmael/Meursault, Gregor/Outis/Hong Lu, Yi Sang/Rodion/Heathcliff and Don Quixote/Sinclair/Ryoshu)? Pre-existing links or something to that effect?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
It has been very hard to navigate this thread while still trying to stay relatively Ruina blind for the LP thread but I just wanted to share this about the Limbus Company website

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Forgive me LPer, for I have sinned.

I got tired of waiting. I binged Youtube videos going through Ruina. I know all of it, all the Receptions, all of the Abnormality Battles, all the Floor Realizations, the twists, all of it. I can see some of your plans clearly now: Bishop's rivalry with Phillip is a set-up for when Malkuth's floor will receive him during the Reception of the Reverberation Ensemble. You're having Roland fight in every battle he has a memory card of in, which means his floors will be active (if only in a clean-up capacity like he did during Love Town) during the Shi Association, Liu Association/Xiao and Iori fights, at minimum (Olivier's fight and his duel with Argalia are forced solos so that technically covers them, though I'm not counting out you using him during the first Hana Association reception or the Argalia + gearhead fights).

I can no longer speculate, for I have been tainted by The Spoilers. I must stay more quiet than usual in the thread now.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Huh. I could have sworn that The Page of the Red Mist could only be equipped to Gebura and to nobody else.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Also, with Bishop's whole gun nerd thing, I hope that means he'll be rocking Thumb pages as soon as they're unlocked until endgame.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Your Everyday NEET posted:

I imagine fighting Shi, Blue Reverberation/ Church of Gear, and Xiao using Roland would be difficult.

You only unlocked Keter 4th Librarian after unlocking Chesed and Gebura. Gebura is unlocked after Shi Association. So Roland is outnumbered and Shi's named member have 2 Speed Dice. And Roland needs to be the one delivering killing blow. In SotC, I certainly won't expect Blue Reverberation/Church of Gear to be the first pick.

Well, like I said, he could have a more developed floor take care of most of it, deliberately get them killed and then call Keter in for a mop-up and still have it count. Again, Love Town.

Also, I forget-can you technically attribute passives and still use the Key Page they're from? It seems a waste to lose out on all of Gebura's fun toys like the Great Splits and so forth for that Yesod Chained Wrath strat.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
One thing that I hope TeeQueue doesn't use too much is Mountain of Corpses. Yeah it's fun to give Gebura all she needs to solo it all but it'd also mean missing out on nugget convos.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HslNTa5vOUo

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What quotes will TQ use for the Abno fights that don't appear in LobCorp itself proper (Pinocchio, Servant of Wrath, Nosferatu, Road Home + Scaredy Cat, Ozma, The Adult Who Tells Lies, Price of Silence)? I can see Servant and Home + Cat getting quotes from their chapters in Wonderlab, but will the others just grab bits from their cards's lore segments?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Wait, can you apply a A1Z26 cipher to Anton, Lyla and Valerie's dialogue before Angela hits the "translate" button and have it mean stuff, or is all of what they say before then just number stew with no actual meaning?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Alright, cool.

Also, I've got extra Proof that Paul will be the last of Hod's assistant librarians.

What was the first episode of Better Call Paul? Laetitia.

What was the last one, in which Paul went crazy and talked to himself? Dream of a Black Swan.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Ah, uh, sorry. Fair enough, I guess I just got carried away.

For the record: Favorite Mili song in Ruina for me is Iron Lotus, though String Theocracy is also up there. I also quite like Gone Angels, too.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I know people love Myo because she returns from LobCorp but I gotta say Maxim is the R Corp character I find the most fun/entertaining

Also I really do hope that they named Rudolph that intentionally, because that would be amazing.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPjAaykujNc

Just some guys playing Jeopardy with Project Moon-based questions.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Well, good enough opportunity to follow the Twitter and subscribe to the Youtube.

It'll be fun to follow Limbus along with all of you as my first proper time playing a Project Moon game. I'll be able to commiserate failing to pull high-tier characters and E.G.O.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Wait is it counting existing ones already or only new ones after this gets out?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh my, the post about 4/20 made me think of how funny it would be if we managed to get to Smiling Faces on that date.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh, Gilliam, gotta say, I can't wait for you to be able to start talking about the really interesting builds we get on Tier 2 of Urban Nightmare, with Singleton and Charge and Smoke and all that.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Also, I didn't say this in the thread but secret third theory for why Sweepers won just besides "They were in LobCorp and we wanna know more" and "You can't tell me what to do, TQ"-people pushing to do History Realization as soon as it is possible.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What page are you talking about Gilliam? Is it one from Blade Lineage, Seven Association or Index Proselytes?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Thank goodness, because I would not want to be locked into the Proxy and Distorted Yan fights after voting for the fight against Kalo and co.

But anyway, I can't wait for the thread to realize how completely hosed up Prescripts are, and the wonders of Gloria's high and chirpy VA. And Queen Bee fight, too!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh, that leaves me with a good question: Will SotC General Receptions be placed when we move from Tier 1 to Tier 2, or Tier 2 to Tier 3?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

AweStriker posted:

Where do I get to read Leviathan?

Yeah I need to know this too

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
From my experience scanning various sites, I always thought, while Crying Children was certainly a contender for Worst/Most Annoying boss in the game, the winner was either Eileen vs Yesod, Bremen vs Netzach or Pluto vs Hokma.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I now have this image in my head of Omni or Chinely desperately begging to use Nemo's Key Page because "He can shoot a laser out of his face"

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Ruina has plenty of moments that are heartbreaking-Xiao's moment with Miris before her EGO reception, Yan's ultimate realization of the pointlessness of his efforts when he meets Moirai, the moment Jae-Heon whips out the puppet Angelica, everything involving Phillip, but the one moment that always gets me is the cutscene before Literature Realization, and Angela's slow realization that being nice and helpful towards everyone isn't what A wants/needs, and that she has to be cruel and heartless in order to get them to reach Core Suppression.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Looking at Chesed's cards and not documented (at least on the wiki I'm using) are the 5 "False Present" pages. What do they do?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
It is kind of sad that Burn doesn't get something like Obsession. At most you've got Ashes and Spores plus the Fourth Match Flame EGO on Malkuth.

Then again, Xiao.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Tier 3 SOTC is just nuts in general. Yan's nuts, Iori's nuts, Xiao's nuts, the second R-Corp is nuts, they're all nuts and I love it.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Fair enough on that front.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
If we follow the pattern of which team handles General Receptions, Netzach/Art is up next. Given Netzach doesn't like killing people/fighting, I think it's safe to assume that like with D.A.D. and Kaori, this will be a solo op by the subordinates.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
At the very least there are cards that Draw that are better for their specific deck gimmicks, like Leap, Rip Space and Energy Conversion for Charge, Deep Drag, Loss of Senses and Vapour for Smoke, Reload and Shock Round for Thumb decks, etc.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So from what I can tell the Ultimate Endgame Singleton Deck is all 7 of the cards that have bonuses from it (To Where The Prescript Points, Undertake Prescript, Execute, Will of the Prescript, Somber Procuration, Binding Chains and Multislash), Unlock, and then either Eradication, Decapitation or Castigation depending on which Proxy Key Page you've equipped.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
God, I'm practically vibrating and salivating at the mouth waiting for History Realization. The Core Suppressions were some of the best moments of the old LP, and this is the Ruina version of them. Even if it mostly ends up being Malkuth and Bishop trying to refute Angela's points and help her, while Dimi, ImIdiot and the mystery 5th Librarian just hit things and provide moral support, I can't wait. Bishop going "poo poo. We need to do to her what the Manager and I had to do to you", the team going "Wait there's more????" when Queen Bee/Hornet swaps over to Snow White's Apple/Green Stem, Bishop having to do another Team Head meeting like the one just after Malkuth Core Suppression going "Look Angela's gonna go crazy after you get your last team member, be ready"-I'm just too excited, man!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh yeah, agreed on that front. Jae-Heon going "This train is operating as intended". is going to break people's brains.

The real question is-will they consider Jae-Heon's monologue enough of an explanation to satisfy them? Puppets are the last time on that branch that Love Town matters in and of itself, from WARP Janitors onward it's mostly about patent wars and corporate espionage than What The gently caress Is Up With WARP Trains, which means interest in that branch dies down in and of itself-aside from maybe TQ going "Myo shows up here." in a vote, which will probably sway some people.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
A few Librarian placement guesses:

-Gaia and EvilKit, I feel, are going to Social Sciences given they were both created to deal with Woodsman and Chesed is the Oz floor. Twee is Captain so she's a lock there, and Seyser was also there so he might also be there.
-Sephiroth is absolutely moving to Hokma given his role/connection to WhiteNight. I don't really know who else is going there aside from Talow and maybe Robin.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What is the late-game, Will of the Prescript replacement? I'm looking at the cards and avoiding anything with a specific gimmick like Brace Up for Discard decks, Bi An for Block strats, or anything that has the unique "Draw page + Restore Light" combo since that's a bit specific, it's... Celestial Spear? or Ri of the Four Trigrams?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I was asking Gilliam since he mentioned a card in his go-over that would replace it lategame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
If you have all 3 of your Burning Flashes in hand, and use one, does the effect activate twice, meaning you discard both other copies, draw 2 cards, and the card has three 6-10 Slash dice with "On Hit inflict 1 Burn", or only once?