Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Another person who started the game up because of TeeQue's LP

I've made it up to day 40 so far and my biggest takeaway, besides the awesome aesthetic of basically everything, is screw D-04-108.

I got it in a memory imprint day and didn't want to reset back to the beginning and I hate it so much. Having to take its state into account for almost every work feels like it adds a whole other level to the gameplay loop that makes things way more taxing than they would be otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Oh my god, I just beat Gebura's Meltdown and it was INSANE.

I managed to get through the first two phases by having my maxed out Captain of Welfare wear the Justitia weapon and suit, use the Child of the Galaxy's Pebble, the Heart of Aspiration, and my brand new Knight of Despair's blessing to tank while having a bunch of ranged people shoot at her from the other doorway. I had to pull out the tank for the third phase, lost a few people to that Pale AOE she puts out, but managed to get through it.

And then that final phase. I didn't know what to expect, and so was very surprised when she left the room and slaughtered like half a dozen people on the way to her mark. And of course, those deaths caused the Mountain to break out, which caused both the Firebird and Little Red to break out and start killing things. The game turned into a frantic dance of trying to micro all of my weaker people away from all of the marauding abnormalities while keeping my fighters near but not in Red Mist's way until she got tired from chasing people.

Final count was that 18/30 people died, but I did succeed and only lost like half of my high level agents. And the bonus seems like it'll be incredibly helpful if things keep escalating as they have been.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

jimmydalad posted:

How do you deal with Green Noons? I thought I had decent gear but I just ended up getting decimated by them when they appeared.

If you don't have the gear/stats to tank them outright, then I've found a decent strategy is to keep your attackers in a room next to the robots until they shut down. Once they shut down, rush in, deal as much damage as you can, and leave when you see them starting back up. Rinse and repeat for the rest of them.

Ranged EGOs can also be really helpful since they can attack and only get hurt by the guns instead of the saw. Just make sure that they have enough health to survive the guns

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

my dad posted:

It pays to pay attention to the story, because you're straight up told a way to trivially defeat that.

Ahh, that's pretty cool. I had an inkling that I could do something like that, but was't sure how to get the abnormalities actually into her rooms without killing my people. The bunker would've definitely helped with that..

I did figure out Malkuth's one after a few tries. Only had a few wipes thanks to D-04-108 and its stupid qlipoth counter mechanics.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Tylana posted:

Speaking of the Tree, did anyone else work out the trick with it and the Red Shoes on their own?

Oh what? I knew I could do it for the shoes, but it felt like it didn’t work for the tree. I’ll have to try it again since that’d make it so much less annoying.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Tylana posted:

OOrochi : Only works on when it wants visitors, I think. Not the other bit.

Yup. Just tested it and it totally works.

Thanks a ton for talking about it because that thing has been eating up a ton of my works so far.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Well dang, I just ran into a really annoying glitch with Binah's Core Meltdown. I had a great attempt going, had managed to get into the 3rd phase without enough employee deaths to cause a breakout.

However, I depleted her health bar just as she was launching one of her pillar attacks and apparently the game didn't like that. The new screen effect happened and I lost the ability to pause, but Binah just sat there frozen. She never applied the new meltdowns or started making multiple pillars. I could tell my employees to attack her and it said that she had 0.8x resists, but no damage numbers appeared and her health bar never decreased.

I ended up having to just restart again after sitting there for a few minutes with no progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

TeeQueue posted:

I still remember the time I lost a run to her activating the 8-pillars-of-doom attack while inside a door transition. The pillars didn't show up so I waited right outside the room for her to leave, but when they fired the hitbox was still there. There was also another time where she got stuck permanently in 0.1 damage mode, stopped spawning meltdowns entirely, and just wandered around firing off attacks as she liked. No idea what caused that one.

Needless to say, both were a wipe!

Aw dang, both of those sound terrible.

On the plus side of things, I just beat her!!!

That last phase gets so incredibly hectic it was basically just a panicked rush the whole time. I have the oh-so wonderful combo of the Mountain and Army in Black and her last set of spikes killed enough clerks to trigger both of them. It ended up that I managed to barely get the blue meltdowns twice (I got lucky that they were mostly in the upper levels, and even then one only had 2 seconds left) while I had everyone in the lower two sections dog-pile her before she or the Alephs could kill everyone again.

It really is incredible how much fun these Core Meltdowns are. They make such a great change of pace.