Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

KobunFan posted:

Well today was the day I learned the Limbus Company is going to be a Gacha. I am very depressed. Not only because I have trouble with Gacha games (keeping interest, I mean) but also because it's dangerous: Nippon Ichi's attempt to create a Gacha game caused them to spend so much money, it caused them to cut a lot of corners on their next game just to keep the company from bankruptcy. *glares at Disgaea 6*. I just hope it is translated okay.

On the other hand after they fixed it it poo poo a lot of money apparently which is why they didn't bankrupt. It's the sad truth that Gacha games (specially of famous franchises) can be a goldmine at the expense of morals and customer appreciation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Theantero posted:

To the contrary, I'd think it was a bad sign if a majority or even a large fraction of the people talking about the game knew it mainly from an LP on an obscure and long since irrelevant Comedy Forum (or two), regardless of its quality. Not a great projection for sales numbers, that :v:

I mean, it worked for Danganronpa. Even if it was mostly because of Tumblr word of mouth.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

One question, can you reroll if you sign in with a Google account? Cause I've read Guest accounts are getting deleted on logoff sometimes.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

posadas posted:

I noticed there's an item as compensation for server maintenance in the inbox, with the statement "1 days left". If I claim them, then reroll today, will the new guest account get the reward again, or should I make sure I'm happy with what I have first before claiming them? I'm new to this genre, and it feels like a lot of interface kind of assumes you already know how gacha games work

You can fet it again as long as it's today, just tried.

Also how big is Ego? Managed to get G Corp Gregor/TingTang HongLu/Reindeer Ishmael in the pulls which is a lot of 000 identities but not sure if to go for the next.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yggdrasi posted:

For those of you whose phone runs Limbus Company badly and you want to play on the go you can use the Steam Link app to use your computer to stream play it from steam.

Absolutely, my phone might be like 3-4 years old or so but it was highish end when it released, and it absolutely heats up when playing a dungeon.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Infinity Gaia posted:

The mirror dungeon drops a ton of EXP tickets. Also people have found out that you can't get shards out of it anymore after your 5 weekly special runs, which means Limbus has the dubious honor of being the actual stingiest gacha I've ever seen. Even the absolute depths of the depths gacha have some sort of repeatable way to get rolling currency, and Limbus not only doesn't but also prevents you from grinding the stuff for the guaranteed drops in any kind of reasonable timeframe.

...what gachas have you played that lets you infinitely grind gacha currency? I've never seen one because if you did that you'd have a subset of players who would grind for years. All I've ever seen are one time rewards and daily/weeklie/monthly stuff.

Also someone on reddit analyzed the prices and funnily enough, the game cost's for a 10 roll is around 13$... which sadly enough is cheaper than most gachas which hover at 31~$. And packs seem decent.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Having just finished Ch1, yeah this is a Project Moon story for sure. Can't wait for the game to try and sell me on the best worst persons.

...that is, if I resist the urge to reroll for an EGO instead of these identities.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I absolutely love how they nailed Don Quixote, both "constantly referencing his idols" and "beating up everyone he deludes himself into being justified" are core parts of his character in the first book at least.

...also please someone convince me not to reroll for EGO. I kinda feel like my battles are aimless just putting out identities who more or less do the same status. With Gang Leader Hong Lu or G Corp Gregor for damage. And maybe starting with a specific EGO will give me more motivation for team building.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

...ended up doing one more pull and got W Corp Mersault, who given is the Sinner I'm most interested in is probably a sign to keep the account.

Should I be building by status given I have no EGOs besides the basic ones? I think I have the units ofr Rupture stacking...

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GilliamYaeger posted:

You should be aiming to coordinate your team's skill colors and EGO requirements. If you don't need a color, see if you can cut it out of your team comp entirely. For instance, I've managed to cut out both red and green from my team, which has done a lot to tighten up my color chains and has enabled me to use EGO on the regular.

Click support on the character's identity select screen.

Hmmm... I've tried that and got a team with only Lust/LightBlue/Purple, which does work for chains but the only Ego I can use is Hong Lu's... which to be fair is an AOE which is useful.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

So how is the best way to get upthreading your dudes? Use shards of characters that you aren't interested in/don't have buyable EGO/000 you want for thread?

And are there any identities that really enjoy upthreading in parricular? I know W Don can't use Charge without T3 for example.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ariamaki posted:

I do think we might see other ZAYIN in the future potentially, since a loading screen tooltip says characters start battle with the resistances of "their lowest-level equipped EGO", as opposed to their default EGO or some other phrasing. Probably not going to be any time soon though.

According to a post on reddit the battlepass has a ZAYIN EGO for Gregor so they already exist. A good one too, AOE with Tremor and a new statsus called Maggots and it uses G Corp Gregor's sins.

Unless that's Lantern and I am dumb :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm guessing the Luxcavations will be the quests to farm EXP/threads? Cause even if slower it would be nice not to have to always burn shards for thread.

Also an average of 2 banners per month going by March and April.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I really gotta unlock Mirror Dungeons, but the game basically heats up my phone to death and haven't linked to Steam yet.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

DuoRogue posted:

game plays leagues smoother on pc, i'd recommend doing that asap

Biggest thing is I prefer mobile for this kind of game since I can't really use my PC when working (I use my monitor as a second screen since the laptop's too small) and also my insecurity on my account despite having almost all 00s bar one and several 000, cause no EGO.

...also, just to know, while the game probably gets linked to your steam account or smth it does not show your username in-game, right?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

So who are the standouts to uptier with the free 100 thread in terms of chapter 2/3/Friend supports? I have all 00 identities bar Shi Don, 000 G Corp Gregor, Tingtang Hong Lu, Reindeer Ishmael, W Corp Mersault and the free Ying Sang.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Honestly the status that worked best for me is Rupture. I heard Tremor is good too but not sure if I have enough to enable it.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

After checking out I'm deciding between going for T3 Tingtang HongLu or Kurokumo Hong Lu+another identity that goes well with him, since it seems both Hong Lu are great (as it should be)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

BisbyWorl posted:

Also the periodic crashes when you try to use an EGO.

Surprisingly it hasn't crashed for me beyond sometimes when I change to the browser or smth but that happens with other games as well.

That said I think I'm unaturally lucky with dodging bugs, Pokemon besides some of the usual minor things felt a relatively bug free experience for example :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TeeQueue posted:

Mine doesn't crash when using an EGO but does crash after so many mirrors dungeon levels in a row...

I honestly think it's based on the phone model and the ram it has, I say based entirely on no data. :v:

Anyways everyone be nice to PM they're good people.

Checks out, my phone has a few years but it has 11 GB RAM and a good CPU. FGO rans actually well for me 99% of the time when a lot of people complain about it.

That said the fact this game can heat it up after 5 min in combat does show it's about as optimized for mobile as Express Ticket to Hell is a worry free Abnormality :v:

EDIT: Also yeah, they're good even if gachas are still scummy, having the balls of being 50% cheaper 10 rolls than the competition (sad thought 13$ is comparatively cheap) and having sparking as well, that can theoretically get it F2P.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

From what I've heard the 00 Hong Lu is also insanely broken because his S2 will roll both hits again if the target has few Bleed, leading to even more damage than 000 identities.

Still debating between uptiering Tingtang or Kurokumo+another 00 that goes well with him.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, finally set up the game on Steam. Friend code is X546267154. Right now I have most guys at around lv10 with no upties but will upgrade Tingtang soon I think. Gonna try how it runs on battle.

EDIT: Runs well, but I do need to grind an earlier level / get friends / learn teambuilding because 2-14 just kicked my rear end god, 4 dead on wave 1.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 5, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Well, I would like to thank the kind souls who friended me for helping ne cross Chapter 2... except I hosed up by bringing a support LobCorp Faust to the dungeon, whose skills do not help fuel her EGO well and I need to fuel it for the final boss where otherwise between that and being almost unable to deal with the 11 on tails attacks I can't clear on time. So now I'm either stuck retrying until I clear or quit and comeback with a different support.

Game really should have had the exp daily from the start because Offense is really important earlygame to make basic skills not suck and I'm the idiot who used gacha identities instead of levelling the base ones.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GilliamYaeger posted:

You don't really need EGO on L Corp Faust when you have her skill 3.

Her skill has the issue of only working on one enemy die at the time when the rest of my party can barely deal with easy 11s and I need to kill enemies ASAP, which her EGO helps with due to AOE.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ariamaki posted:

I tested this the other day! You can still do normal mission nodes without losing your saved dungeon progress. So while it's less explosively effective than doing Mirror Dungeons you *can* actually grind for levels outside of the Dungeon.

That's actually a good tip, thanks. I'd have to check what's the easiest level I can do with no supports (since the penalty for using a support is that character will not level).

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Well, I did it! Turns out replacing Don with Hong Lu for more Gloom was the key (because Faust EGO would just murder 2 mobs each wave which was massive to control the enemy dice).

Now I can finally start with Mirror Dungeon and start levelling identities with the tickets. And I really should decide who to uptie for an easier time...

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ariamaki posted:

Huzzah! I am glad that you got through it without too much trouble: As for Upties, let me know what 00 Identities you have and I can offer my advice there: I think especially when you're getting started, the uptie cost on 000s can be prohibitive when you could get two different 00s maxed for the same Threadcount.

I think I have all but Shi Section DonQ. Everything points towards Kurokumo Hong Lu being great, but given Chapter 3 I should probably focus on blunt identities maybe? Although I can borrow a T3 Reindeer Ishmael at least for that.

EDIT: Also, is it better to get random shard boxes or character specific ones?

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 6, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh god, just discovered an event in Mirror with a burning dog where trying to give it water makes any non-Sloth sinners take damage but gives you a gift that makes the first, single-coin non killing attack reuse itself.

It works on EGO :yeshaha: The dog boss ate multiple Pathos Malos, got staggered and died in 3 turns. Why is there such a good (if small for now) roguelite on this gacha.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ariamaki posted:

Blade Lineage Sinclair actually also gets Poise count and can turn that into generating a ton of Sin resources through his second EGO.

But yeah, most other Poise users really need to be in human fights getting multiple attacks to take serious advantage of it, or have some other source of Poise / count from Gifts.

It's not 180 shards, it's 180 boxes. If you pick Nominable every time you get 15 boxes of 1-3 shards a week during an 80 day Bus Pass season, so 13 instances of 15 boxes. So it's roughly double to triple that amount luck depending, which is (significantly more than) enough combined with other sources.

Also like, if you do ocassionally pull you get even more shards.

I'm kinda tempted for the pure meme, instead of uptying 2 00... to uptie Ebony Apple. Identities are fleeting but AoE is eternal.

It's a joke, I just got 20 extra thread from battlepass and Ebony Apple does hit like a truck, even if the sins needed are a bit of a pain :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah you better get the Ch3 clears soon with Supports if you need to cause it was indeed a bug.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

oh thank god, i think i got past k corp hell

now entering inquisitor hell i guess

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, you know, these inquisitors aren't so bad with a support Reindeer-

*reaches 3-17*

Ah, now I see the difficulty.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ayndin posted:

You can't use the support trick in dungeons, right? Just rushed to 3-22 because we're losing the cheese tomorrow and I'd been having a hard enough time with the 3-x fights already. Got tired of the game crashing on the third wave of 3-13 when I started using EGOs so I finally grabbed the Steam version. 3-17 and 3-18 were a little rough but I managed it with the help of a max level uptied Tingtang Hong Lu. He's really good, except when he's not! Expecting the dungeon to be real rough, but I can also just wait a bit for more xp ticket farming, uptying more IDs (not sure which once I get some more thread, though I'm tempted to do Gregor G Corp for healing and general tankiness), etc.

Same, just reached 3-22 in preparation for support bug fixing. That said I still have to EX 3-17 and 3-18, they're noticeably harder than the rest jeez.

I tried going with a support Reindeer Ishamel but I still have deaths and don't DPS fast enough. Wondering if I should uptie someone specifically for these stages, go with base Ishmael and bring another support.

It is kinda rough how the level curve just shoots up when level is so important since being underlevelled means enemy skills have unbeatable numbers.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

It probably won't include new units because it's a separate banner where you use the ticket based on experience. They could update it on maintenance today but they probably won't.

Also thank god I EX'd 3-17. Turns out the missing piece was Liu Gregor of all identities, he's a Blunt unit with loads of coins on his skills which is important because multicoins are just. Better than single coins.

Now to see if he works on 3-18 as well and I can rest easy.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

He did work. By the hang of a thread, it came down to Outis staggering the boss and Faust rolling a heads on turn 10 or otherwise the boss would have survived.

Now I can just worry about who to upthread for the dungeon and which Sinclair identity to use since I wanna bring him.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Theantero posted:

I used Zwei Sinclair a lot during Chapter 3 because he's Blunt and I felt it was thematic, but then I dropped him because he's garbo. Two lackluster one coin skills, and even his two coin one is just a 6+1, and to top it all off just absolutely abysmal offense growth, meaning enemies are getting +1s and +2s against him even at relative level parity.

Checking out, a support Blade Sinclair might be nice as long as the friend put T3 Impending Day on him, since it lets him generate Wrath or Pride (AKA Faust knows everything spam). But that requires having a friend who invested on both that ID and uptying an EGO :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Einander posted:

I have a level 28 Blade Sinclair and he does have UT3 Impending Day. My friend code should be in my post history. He's good!

Edit: S284836869.

Oh, thanks! I don't have Blade, Seven is bad as some have mentioned and Mariachi is fun but underwhelming, but I still wanted to bring him to the dungeon.

I guess I have to think of teammates for him. He produces Gluttony and Pride so Outis with Ebony Stem would be a good addition, Faust for similar reasons... and then Hong Lu and someone else? I can still uptie 2 00 identities or 1 000 so I could bring Kurokumo/Tingtang Hong Lu...

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Einander posted:

I mostly focused on getting Impending Day up and using it often. I think Sins in story dungeons carry over like they do in Mirror Dungeons, which is to say that your end-of-fight Sin count is halved and then carried over into the next fight. Impending Day is 3x Wrath and 2x Lust and its passive gives +5 to the Sin of an attack when Sinclair kills with it, so if he uses Impending Day once in a fight and then kills with his Wrath attack the next turn, you'll get 6x Wrath and you'll immediately meet the Wrath requirement at the start of the next fight. So the big requirement is having enough Lust, which both Hong Lus help with.

I see. BTW is there a bug related to adding friends or did you put your friend code wrong? I tried to input it and nothing pops out.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Irony.or.Death posted:

Double check to make sure they're not already on your friends list, nothing pops up via search when that's the case.

...yeah, I found out a bit after, but was embarrased to mention it. Sorry Einander! :sweatdrop:

When is the daily reset? Wanted to try and do a Mirror run that counts before the weekly reset, but the time remaining counter is... wonky (it says minutes rn but lowers like it's seconds and loops lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Einander posted:

It happens!

51 minutes from time of post (3 PM US Eastern), and then I think the server's offline for two hours.

Oh! For some reason I though it was at around... 2:30 US Eastern? That's what it felt like.

Which means time to wait until main is over then.