Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
Hello this is my first post so sorry if I get something wrong.

Does anyone know what happened to CoolKidsClubtl? Cause when I was reading this thread and saw links to them saying it had interesting talk about how LoR related to Korean culture I was curious and clicked the twitter link. But when I got to the twitter page it said the account doesn't exist telling me that either CoolKids' twitter got deleted for some reason or something else is going wrong. So does anyone know if something happened to the group cause looking them up with google isn't showing any results or notices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
Personally I like to think at the end Angela doing her thing with the Light meant even the people who came to the Library as monsters like Tommerry or the Puppets got 'fixed' to being human again since even with all the 'they were booked as monsters' stuff I just want that the ending of Ruina to be a happy ending even if it would be pretty deus ex machina to have all the problems the Library caused fixed.

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021

Acerbatus posted:

She DID authorize things like silent girl and forsaken prisoner, experiments on actual people.

There was a Silent Girl experiment? Looking it up I can't find anything about her getting anything story wise besides being a creepy girl with a hammer and nail. If anything I would say Dreaming Current and it probably being drugging a real child with Cogito to be a sin of Carmen's

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
I feel like with the Lock Singularity seeming to be able to auto-Lock brain/memories the Head doesn't want others to have in Binah/Garion when she fails that the Library wouldn't be able to get any too high secrets even if they somehow managed to beat down an Arbiter. The real issue would be the Library now having an Arbiter Key Page to equip and semi-access to what Singularities the Arbiter had which going by Binah's bullshit is pretty OP.

But anyways I feel like the Head less attacked the Library at its lowest moment because that was their only chance (I feel like they could had stomped it way earlier if it wanted to even accounting for the invitation storage trick) and more because Angela/the Library proved that she was going to be a problem instead of just another resident of the City as the Pale Librarian who would eventually lead to the Fixers becoming Bookhunters. I feel like the Head had an idea of the possible paths the Library could had gone down like Iori did and when Angela and Roland basically got their Golden Ending of both sparing and saving each other breaking the Cycle of the City without fading away it meant that the Head now had to act. While before they (the Library) could had collapsed without any action or greater effect on the City now it was a threat to 'closing the door' whatever that means.

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
Speaking of the LP I suddenly realized why TQ has driven the point about Angela either pretending to not see the Assistant Librarians or literally not being able to see them is because of the Keter Realization and how the Keter nuggets seem to just jump into the fight to help Angela. Would lead to a fun emotional moment for Angela after growing up as a person to acknowledge the Nuggets and them helping here in return even if for some reason this idea gives me Tron Bonne and her servbots vibes

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
I find Gregor's EGO hand most interesting personally since when it's in full form the fingers are very distinctive which reminds me of some art I've seen of showing all the City's Fingers on one hand. Makes me wonder if he has some connection to the big name syndicates

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
Hey question is it ever mentioned that the Middle the Black Silence/Roland took out was only their Southern section instead of the whole thing? Cause a friend of mine is claiming it was stated it was only the South but he's citing it was brought up in the Thumb reception but I can't find any reference to the Middle for the Thumb receptions. Did I miss something or is my friend wrong?

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
Personally for Mirror Dungeons even if I would prefer being able to auto/skip them I doubt they'll do it so I'll hope for a lesser change. That being making normal dungeons act like the event dungeon with load outs and making levels go up by 15. Cause it's kind of annoying to constantly have to click 3 different times per character to pick them with their identity and egos especially since I always use the the same combos. The level thing is just me getting tired leveling up the characters like 15 times per run and would prefer to have fewer amounts of that.

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
I wonder if Ayin had access/used Mirror tech given the final days of Lob Corp and how those A's were reflections of Ayin himself. Like is it just similar concepts brought about through unrelated means (i.e. being shattered mentally with a Singularity based around making mental things real vs a tech that sees alternate worlds) or was that just another crazy tech Ayin got his hands on before shutting himself into the corporation?

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
Random thought but would the guests of the Library after being unbooked even remember meeting Angela and dying? Since iirc all the guests besides some exceptions automatically be put to 'sleep' upon signing the invitation and teleporting to the Library with the fight being a copy made of the guest or something like that. So the 'real' guest should have never fought the Library and 'died' right?

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021

Lord_Magmar posted:

Ayin Faust sounds the most probably, she tends to be "the boss" in mirror worlds where she's learning or experiencing very important facts.

Nah Faust isn't always the boss in Mirror Worlds like Lobcorp is her just in the position of Yuri aka barely making ends meet and Warp Faust is only L2 which isn't that high up.

The real meme would be Ayin Don since Don kind of consistently in a leader role except for N corp and our bus Don. So her being a leader in Lob Corp wouldn't be out of the question though probably not Ayin level since we don't even have a clue how the mirror identities work but so far it still seems mostly low ranked people since as far as associations go rank 4 seems to be the current max.

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
I've heard a theory that our Heath that's part of Limbus might not be the main Heathcliff known in Wuthering Heights but in fact his son Linton using his father's lastname or maybe Hareton Earnshaw who regarded Heathcliff as his true father despite Heath intentionally making Hareton a servant boy who couldn't get an education.

This theory is brought up cause there's two Cathy/Catherines in Wuthering Heights. The elder one who Heathcliff loved when young who is mostly known as Catherine and the daughter of the elder who Heath marries to his son (and son figure Hareton after Linton dies) most commonly called Cathy.

Not sure how likely this theory is since I don't think Linton or Hareton ever really go out on a journey like Heath does and the stretch of either of them going by the name Heathcliff is a bit much. But I do think it would make an interesting chapter with daddy Heathcliff being an abusive monster of a father but still having maybe a core of sympathy for our Heath that the chapter can end on.

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I watched his trailer promotion and I retract everything that I've said. Post Book.

But him killing his mother is weird since she died of old age/illness. Maybe he just said he did to avoid having to deal with people?

Reminder Mr. Salt has seen a person turn into a Distortion before and iirc killed one. While this could had just been a random encounter for Mersault it could be his mother turned into a Distortion and he killed her either cause she was going to kill him or he decided it was most optimal for all involved if he killed his Distorted mother or maybe some other possible options.

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
Personally I found for MD2 Hard that burn has some difficulty in getting high count started in difficult content cause ego spam being necessary for basic clashes means you can't really get the few attacks with burn count + to land their blows.

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021

TeeQueue posted:

That's just calling the rabbit team, innit?

But for free!

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
Personally I find trying to get events where you can get level ups is pretty useful even if it means less EGO gifts or Cost for trying to get the fusion gift. It's just nice to be level 44 so even when the enemy stats get inflated it's not totally bad.

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
Personally I don't bother rotating and just do a single Hard Mode run with my Burn team each week. I've only beaten floor 5 once via this method and only unlocked the node that gives me the second half of the burn fusion gift last run but it's been decent regardless.

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
I wonder if there's going to be multiple Cathy's in this Canto beyond the 2 in the book. Cause Clear All Cathys feels like it should have a sort of zombie horde of Cathys. Makes me a bit worried about if some real nasty City nonsense will happen with Cathy jr of older Cathy uploaded herself into the 'younger model' or whatever.

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
Huh read a post on reddit about Don and how she's basically a soloist in all her identities but what was really interested was that they showed how Don's combat sprite shows a different name on her jacket than her normal portrait sprite. Now this isn't just a Don thing since iirc some other Sinners have off combat sprites but I find it really interesting in combat Don's outfit says Miguel which is radically different from Don Quixote. The name Miguel shows up in the story of Don in one prominent place, the cover showing the author's name. So Don's battle sprite implies her 'true' name is Miguel de Cervantes the author of the of Don Quixote.

What gets even more interesting is that in the play 'Man of La Mancha' where the Impossible Dream theme comes from the play starts with Miguel on trial putting on a play with other prisoners. Miguel takes the role of Alonso Quijano the main character of the play who himself takes the role and name of Don Quixote. So that makes an interesting question of who is Limbus's Don. Is she the true Don Quixote a 'knight' fighting for chivalry and ideals? Is she Alonso Quijano someone deluded and mad fighting for an Impossible Dream that never existed? Or is she Miguel de Cervantes putting on a play?

Just feels this 3 way divide will play a huge part in Don's Canto.

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
IMO the Mirror being a 'reflection' means even if it's accessing an infinite multiverse you're still limited in seeing only the parts that reflect back to you making the person looking the filter that makes the Mirrorverse finite. So the Heaths and Cathies can't see a world where they're happy together cause a Heath and Cathy happy together wouldn't be 'them' and thus not reflected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021

GilliamYaeger posted:

Hrm.

Would it be spoilers to talk about the lack of Keter Realization in my Black Silence analysis? Because Keter not having EGO until the god damned postgame is a big factor in me rating Black Silence.

Maybe just mention that Keter gets it's realization real late in the game that it never gets use? It's vague enough that blind people could assume it comes after the Binah and Hokma realizations and maybe forget that Keter hasn't had one by the final Reverb stretch?