Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021
When the Qliphoth counter hit zero, the Project Moon thread was filled with spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021
I look forward to seeing how many parts the Crying Children ends up being.

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021

Junpei posted:

Idly, do the True/Complete versions of Nikolai, Myo, Rudolph and Maxim replace the original versions, or do they act as buffed copies? So, once you beat R Corp 2, you can apply Myo's Prowess onto Gebura from the R Corp 1 version and still have Complete Myo on her team as well, or can that not happen
True books don’t give more of the key pages when burned, they just give the 20 charge limit breaks, Clone, and maybe one or two other mildly useful bits. Technically you can get key pages from them, but only by having not gotten them from the first set of books. The limit of 1 on gold and 4 on purple is still respected.

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021

PlasticAutomaton posted:

the problem was it turns sanity into even more of a coin flip and the stuff like not getting bonuses for killing enemies of the same or higher level was dumb as hell.
Honestly I dislike the level based sanity mechanics, because it feels weird to get more sanity if you’re lower level. The one unit I’ve bothered to max level thus far is N Sinclair, because he gets way too happy otherwise.

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021

Junpei posted:

Faust is D.A. and Sinclair is Arnold. I guess Rodion would be Carlos?

side note someone noted that something big in The Stranger (the shooting itself?) happens at the beach so
Here I’d put Dante as Arnold, as the most completely out of his depth.

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021

t3isukone posted:

Huge agree here with the addendum that IMO Rodya's is by far the weakest. Gregor has most of his being setup, but the whole dungeon is an exploration of him with the interactions with the G-Corp soldiers and the trip into his memories is great.

Rodya's...isn't. Like, it's funny and all, and the interactions where we get to see her beyond the facade like in the game with the gang leaders are great, but there's pretty much no story resonance despite the whole 'gambler in J Corp' thing, which makes sense because it's established that she has nothing to do with this place or anyone here except for that Sonya is active. Only Floor 3 really digs into her head, but even then it's almost an anti-catharsis. There isn't even a boss battle at the end, the Sinners just run away and Rodya goes back to deflecting and playing everyone's fun big sis as soon as they're out.

I do think this was intentional. Rodya deflects and avoids like a pro and the end includes multiple characters, including pre-development Yi Sang and Vergilius questioning how fast she 'got over' this and why she's minimizing it so much. But it's really, really unsatisfying. It was unsatisfying when we had these big meaty chapters(and Gregor's) about the male sinners and it's still unsatisfying when Ishmael also got a really deep character dive instead of just 'I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER LET'S RUN AWAY FROM THE BOSS BATTLE'.

Also, I ADORED Canto V and I now absolutely understand all the hardcore Kromer/Yuri/Dongrang/Samjo fans because omg Ahab. She is SUCH a fun character and I really hope the inevitable Ahab Ishmael ID will give us more lore on her backstory with the Pallid Whale.

Also, despite managing to make it through the abnos and the first bossfight pre-nerf, the post-nerf final boss was by far the toughest for me, significantly more than Dongrang or Dongbaek.
Honestly in retrospect the funniest bit for Rodya’s dungeon and chapter is we didn’t even get any IDs linked to her in particular. On the plus side, now we can traumatize her with Middle IDs, but it took far too long.

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021
According to the Reddit, if you get to the rewards screen and return to window before the week ticks it works

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021
I mean we do still need an ID of another Sinner as Ishmael to complete the crew, I nominate Outis.

Actually wait, is base Ishmael counted as a member of the crew by effects that care about that?

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021

Marluxia posted:

Not that it matters since you only need 5 out of 6 members to be poise users, but funnily enough, I believe she would in fact not count as a poise user for the md poise gift.
Pretty sure Harpoon of Obsession counts. Even if it is only on kill and usually to other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021
I choose to believe it’s Heathcliff Meursault until proven otherwise.