Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

ShoutokuTaisho posted:

The blue one translates to melancholy or depression, not sloth. Might be meant as the same, but there is importance in the nuance.

Weeeellll... back in the day, there was an eighth deadly sin, "Despair", which was a sin that since you are in a world that God created, you should never despair at being part of God's plan and thus taking yourself out of this plan (suicide) was a sin so that might have something to do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Well today was the day I learned the Limbus Company is going to be a Gacha. I am very depressed. Not only because I have trouble with Gacha games (keeping interest, I mean) but also because it's dangerous: Nippon Ichi's attempt to create a Gacha game caused them to spend so much money, it caused them to cut a lot of corners on their next game just to keep the company from bankruptcy. *glares at Disgaea 6*. I just hope it is translated okay.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Einander posted:

They haven't talked about money, just about wanting to do serial-style storytelling, which is a reason I really can believe here. Wonderlab, Distortion Detective, and Leviathan have all been serially updated, and Library of Ruina's early access was serially updated with a general schedule. But all of these are formats that eventually need to end, especially Ruina, which had returning characters that couldn't sit in serial plot limbo forever. So now they're doing Library of Ruina 2 with more levers, so that they can increase the available design space for new content without necessarily linearly increasing power.

And as far as games-as-a-service goes, the three models that have shown any real success are "MMORPG," "CCG" and "gacha." MMORPG and CCG are fairly restrictive, being fairly strict genres, while gacha is more free-wheeling. (Lootbox shooters probably qualify, for example.) So they went with gacha.

Now if we open up the game and there's a VIP system, multiple purchasable currencies, and a dozen "these packs only available for the first 48 hours!" messages, then yeah, I'll agree that they're looking to pick our pockets. But if they really do want to do serial storytelling in a game, then I can understand them picking this model for it.

I mean, they'll built up enough goodwill with good storytelling and interesting mechanics with me so that I'll try it out. I just get skittish around gatchas.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Junpei posted:

I'm just going to enjoy doing side events that explain and fill out parts of the world. I'd love to learn more about specific Corps and Syndicates and Fixer Associations through our Sinners having to fight them in a new dungeon crawl event every 2 or so weeks, or short stories on a new Identity I pull.

I want to collect all the Colours.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
That hurts even more T_T

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I understand a great deal of Dante's Inferno, as it had such a huge impact on things like D&D and I read the Metamorphosis, which was deeply unnerving. Big fan of the Odyssey, even if reading the classical version is hard as balls. Watched a video discussing the Don. Probably need to look up the rest.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
...who in their right mind would send the Don on a infiltration mission?

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Wait, the Sinners are going to start with Sanity?

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
These attacks are as delectable as Disgaea and as gory as Doom.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
That does look pretty loving awesome.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I'm going to make the safe bet and say delay.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I win the guessing game! My prize is... impatience! Yaaay...

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Yeah, they might have Limbus Company do one story and have another game to cover the Distortion Detective story, which is centered around a much smaller cast. Maybe a party based RPG!

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
The most I did was vote for Smiling Mountain of Etcs to give TQ a break but a single vote counts for a lot, apparently.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Hey! Did you bait the thread!?

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Junpei posted:

Wait, February 27th is Angela's birthday.

And there's 49 days between today (Jan 6th) and that day, just a hair short of the 50 days that make up Lobotomy Corp.

Dammit, Jihoon, is this intentional?

:tinfoil:

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Junpei posted:

This Don sprite from the new video is so good, it makes her look so cool I almost forget she's supposed to be a delusional weirdo.

She's not a delusional weirdo! She's the delusional weirdo!

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
People on Steam have not heard of TQ :(. Most of the replies were aware of the game either through just playing LC and LoR or because of MILI. This is unacceptable.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 5, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Obscure? I've been putting signs in people's lawns for months!

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I'm looking forward to it! I'm hoping that if I am with it from the start, I'll be able to understand the story better. Most Gatcha games have left me completely confused because I enter in the middle.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 6, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
What I'm wondering is if Project Moon's trademark obscure mechanics and difficulty will be included or if they had someone else make the mechanics and difficulty more streamlined.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
That would be great and it is supported by Steam, which shows it should come out on February 26th.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

That hat is amazing. I mean, I assume the ears do something but they just look cool.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
What should we call it? TQ's Guild? SA Guild? LP Guild? Just Mizu? We need a name.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I know what you mean. Hospitals are so annoying to wait in. Good luck with whatever ails you!

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 24, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I mean... I can't really imagine that will happen, unfortunately. This is a pretty niche series. Semi-popular, yes, but not anything mainstream.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Mine is a toss up between Don's "Gremlin Energy" as TQ put it, Outis, because she's probably the only one whose shout outs I'll get, and Gregor because body horror is fun and I remember reading that story when I was young and it was SO WEIRD.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Only 10 hours left! Everyone, get out your wallets!

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
The music is quite nice to listen to while catching up. However, now we have to wait for an hour for it to begin.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 27, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I hope someone can make a guide soon because I've got no loving idea what I'm doing.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
It kicked me out and I had just finished the Ebony Queen boss fight. :rant:

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
So... *cough* does anyone think Dante might be a certain person whose name is a single letter?

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

TeeQueue posted:

I think I've basically twigged onto the flow of the game, so it's going to be interesting trying to explain it all in understandable english for people to pick up properly.

.....I got absolutely no LP work done tonight, though. We all saw that coming but it should be the only night I lose entirely to Limble Crimble.

That would be so helpful, thank you. All these numbers and no tooltips are making me go insane, even if I am beating the game without really needing them.

EDIT: No matter what, though, I think we're going to need to copy Malkuth and use a notepad for all the dang submenus.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 27, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Okay, so, finally ran into a combat where I couldn't win by just rushing them (the 3 wave fight against the TingTang Boss). I found that if you are probably going to lose the clash or are under fire from too many sources, that's when you should either pull out the big guns (EGO) or just use the defend command.

Also, Don is acting exactly like I expected her to. She's not an old man anymore, she's a fit woman with a big weapon so she's hurting people according to her delusions. The only reason the original Don couldn't do that was because he was an weak, old man wearing garbage.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 27, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
G-corp Gregor is my new best friend. Any mission he's on he tends to be the MVP.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Man, those mariachi-lovers are kicking my rear end. They get too many coins/attacks.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Einander posted:

....????????????

I legitimately do not understand the clash logic sometimes in the human fights and it got me utterly destroyed against the chapter 2 Mariachi boss. I had ten actions lined up, why the gently caress were there so many unopposed actions on the part of the enemies? Is it to force you to use the defensive actions? Because if so that's really, really dumb.

Yeah, I only got through the Marachi minions by learning how to use defensive actions.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
...oh god. Has anyone read the name of level 2-11? Let that SYNC in This is too much fun for a gatcha game.

EDIT: Also, now on to the tattooed dudes and I've hit another block. Time to re-strategize.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Yeah, I uptied G-Corp Gregor and now he just tanks everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
The Mariachi boss is my current roadblock. Going to grind up exp and ties and occasionally retry. Wish we could pick clashes.