Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Poison sandwich tea party starts now
(art from @luingear on Twitter)

Infinity Gaia posted:

Pretty predictable, honestly.

Indeed, developing for 2 more platforms for the first time is a pretty big undertaking, especially since PM needs to make sure everything works properly, from balancing to appeal to general polish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

The Distortion Detective artworks from NishikujiC is really nice at least.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

They've updated all the various gameplay elements on the Limbus Company website to finally be up to date now.

Here's a link to the website btw: https://limbuscompany.com/

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Edit: Wait, you can just steal a Singularity that has lost their copyright? Neat!

Specifically, it was stated in the Book of Sen that W Corp purchased the rights for it with a large amount of money, before it became "public domain" like augmentation tattoos I presume.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Yeah, sharing a lot of sentiments in regards to the grind.

Starting from Lifetime Stew Don at 2.2k Bongy, even with full 120% bonus it takes 20+ completions of the Hard Dungeon to reach 6k.

sevenflow posted:

Considering how much they improved the Luxcavation stuff I have to think they'll probably tone it down next time.

I am of the same opinion, since it's probably rather hard to make significant changes to the event while it's live.

Maybe they might make an announcement in regards to it later?

Would like some affirmation.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

TheNabster posted:

I mean a bit of roughhousing should be expected between the members of the suicide squad, but I'm thinking more of that time Vergilius kicked the poo poo out of her for that incident at the K-Corp security checkpoint and reminded her about the 'deal' he has with her.

Which I can only assume is some variant of 'stop killing people randomly'

I'd imagine that her being a good behavior is her end of the deal (along with maybe some other stuff), as for what Don gets in return, I feel it's something not just her getting to meet a multitude of high grade / Color Fixers, but possibly something pertaining to her past (of course, like for all the other Sinners).

In fact, we can reasonably theorize the deals for the other Sinners.

Evidently from Ishmael's statement, it can be generalized that they will gain good payments & further their standings as a results, with each Sinners having their reason.

Gregor & Sinclair is probably for literal survival reasons, with Gregor being from a Fallen Wing & Sinclair losing his family (and his hometown in Chapter 3).

Rodion is a bit more cryptic, maybe she want resources to pay back those she unintentionally harmed, or maybe she views the journey through the "Inferno" as her "Punishment".

Ishmael possibly want the resources so she can properly track down Captain Ahab or something.

Heathcliff will benefit from the rewards as it will increase his standing with his lovely family back at home, and its implied in his IDs that this is the reason for him to join the other groups, as the book Heathcliff engaged in some rather unsavory business to become very wealthy, giving him the power to kick out his lovely family & consolidate power.

And Faust obviously seeks out whatever Limbus Company seems to be working towards, the supposed "Star" or something, which can be a lot of things.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I think you may be overthinking this somewhat when you apply this to other characters. Don is, well, a manic weirdo with a Fixer fixation and oddly colored eyes. She's in a unique place to make a notable deal with Vergilius/Limbus in general. When you apply this to the other sinners, they all boil down to "they were at a bad point in their life and they needed a job". We have a term for that kind of deal, it's the terms of employment. Sure, Faust and (probably) Yi Sang being hired to make the weird tech this game hinges on is different from Meursault and Hong Lu (probably) needing to get away from the things that happened in their previous employers/family is different from Rodion and Sinclair having their old home destroyed, but it's still just people being hired by a company. At some point you're just describing motivation in a slightly weird way.

True, being employed is an excellent survival tactic in the City, assuming that said employment doesn't gets you killed immediately.

I guess I was just trying to get into the specifics, if that's even necessary.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

I'd immediately shard W Don. In fact, I don't know why you'd shard Telepole without having the identity that actually uses it.

Not to mention how strong WARP Don is of course.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1655935383748898819

Here's "Lost Passenger" Hong Lu Corrosion.

Gosh it looks so cool.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Funny, I got G Corp. Outis while fishing for N Corp. Sinclair.

BTW, is W Corp. a standard ID?

I can't check in-game directly rn as it's undergoing maintenance, I am 99% sure it's a standard ID (that is, not associated with a Season).

I double checked its info on the Limbus Company wiki.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Junpei posted:

So, what do you think the strongest combo of 5 N Corp IDs on a team would be (okay objectively, Meursault/Faust/Sinclair gotta make up the core, but I wanna see which of Rodion, Heathcliff or Don doesn't make the cut.)

Just at a glance, N Corp Heathcliff can be on the backline since his passive increases Nail infliction, which is nice.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

watchedclock posted:

Man, so Limbus Company really stole the Index’s whole corridor, huh. Can’t have poo poo in the City.

(yeah, yeah, I know more than one of these things probably exists)

It belonged to the Ring pretty sure from Leviathan.

On a side note, on the Roadmap states that the 4.5 event in like June will involve decorating the bus, so we might get a dorm decoration feature or something along those lines that other gachas have.

Maybe we can get cool stuff like a cactus that we can place on a desk, or a bear-brand beer vending machine, or a duckie pen.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

https://twitter.com/Alysium_Elysien/status/1659422576937160704?s=20

An observation

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Junpei posted:

That has to be based on the red-hot metal bull Abno event in the Mirror Dungeon that gives you the Commemorative Coin gift, the one that makes you reuse your first skill if it doesn't kill.

Indeed, with the poor soul in the bull as seen in the full EGO artworks being the one requesting for water.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Google Jeb Bush posted:

"oh this seems like a much easier boss fight than kromer"

*turns into a bunch of flowers in phase 4 or whatever and dies instantaneously*

alright, folks, I understood how to fight kromer, but I'm not sure I get this one. What are the highlights?

Basically you want to win clashes to avoid letting Dongbaek accumulate Sanity as she will have some attacks with good coin bonuses.
Also winning clashes is important to avoid accumulating the Blooming, which you can read what it does (basically it reduces your sanity and immobilizes you at 5+, which is not good).

The first 2 turns is basically a freebie to accumulate the Sin resources for EGO while having some stronger skills clash with her attacks.
Personally I'd say go for Faust's Representation Emitter or Heathcliff's Bodysack, the latter being both easier and more potent.

Faust's Representation Emitter is good in generally cause you got 7 Sinners to benefit from it, and to partially deal with Blooming.

In the first phase of the real boss fight (so turn 3 & beyond), Dongbaek will spawn 4 saplings that she will try to grow which will give buffs to herself, thankfully these are pretty easy to kill and can be one tapped by S1s.
The thing about these saplings is that unlike the Doomsday Calendar minions, when they die, they die for real, so you get a lot of bonus from the Bodysack passive if you play things right.

Repeat this until Dongbaek gets tired of your anti-tree tactics, where she will spawn 4 fully grown trees that you can either destroy by beating the clash against its attack (a la Knight of Despair) or just killing it.
The next turn she will have 2 AOE attacks with high base power & coin bonus that also gets power if any of these fully grown trees are around.

After this, she will then have a single attack to mark a certain Sinner to duel.
All the other Sinners will get trapped in the bushes and you want to win the single clash against Dongbaek for 2 turns, after which she will become staggered and you can finish her off.

edit: I saw your post but didn't saw that you won right after so I feel like Windows Vista.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Yinlock posted:

This is probably also why the Backstreets are set up the way they are, everyone's forced to scrape for survival(and are given a convinent way to consequence-free murder each-other) so they don't have time to get any Ideas

This idea can be extended to the Nests & Wings, where they are more interested growing themselves up and competing against each other than getting any funny ideas about supplanting the Head.

Of course, the Head has Beholders to provide them surveillance on almost everyone & everything, so it will be very hard to take actions against them in the City at least.

Also, I'd imagine the Head is actually kind of hands off, with Taboos & taxes being the main influence they exert on the population, and patents being a thing that Wings actually benefit from.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Yinlock posted:

Xiao was more about coming to terms with her guilt, both for leading her subordinates to their deaths and how she only realized how much she loved Lowell after he was gone(her page and the Mili song are all about this). She refuses to cheapen their deaths or that love by Distorting or remaining detached, so she goes "gently caress it" and decides to burn the library down or die trying. It's still selfish yeah but it's not like "it was actually insanely good that my subordinates died"

Elaborating onto this, her subordinates also choose to follow her out of their own decisions, as Xiao has stepped down as Director and thus had no more authority over them.

Miris reminded her of the fact above, to stop now would to put their sacrifice to waste, they made their own decision to follow her selfish desires knowing the risks & dangers, with Xiao's deep gratitude being the only guaranteed payment.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

The Lord of Hats posted:

I may be misremembering, but was all of the League of Nine stuff explicitly within T-Corp's nest, as opposed to their overall district? I was under the impression that most corps have extensive facilities outside of their actual nest--things like the T-Corp Child Labor Factories aren't inside the Nest.

I also imagine that T-Corp's nest is probably A-OK if you aren't dedicating yourself to making a doomed moral stand. Probably they could have sold out to T-Corp (or another corp) at basically any time and done well for themselves, but they chose not to, and the City is purpose-built to try and grind that kind of impulse out of humanity, because the cruelty is the entire point. That's capitalism for you!

My impression was that it was all within T-Corp's Nest as Wings don't really interfere too much with the Backstreets, ranging from ignoring it to cooperation (read: exploitation), so their facilities should be within the Nest.

As such, considering the significant presence of T Corp agents and the League of Nine talking about how they are refugees is another point for them being in the Nest.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Aumanor posted:

gently caress's sake PM, what's with the clubs, where are the goddamn ZWEIhanders?

I am pretty sure Zwei Faust on the website is using a Zweihander, though it will probably be a long while until we see that ID, with the time between the Zwei Rodion teaser back during the lead-up to release and now being over 4 months.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Marluxia posted:

Looks like they just gave away where 4.5 is happening in this notice, it's in U District. We don't know much about that district, do we?

Yeah pretty much, with like only a few things we know about them.

Firstly, they are right next to the Great Lake so the District should have some kind of industry involving it, which is already proven by what we've seen with the event (boatfixing, beaches, crabs, etc.).

Secondary, we know about the main product of the U Corp, which is the stasis boxes that as the name states, keeps whatever is put into it in stasis, which is great for keeping food from restaurants fresh & hot.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Boksi posted:

Fresh seafood :v:

Gosh, Don is gonna take a bite out of a crab like what she did with a Bongy back in 3.5.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Gosh this just all suck.

There's just a ton of different takes on what is actually said and what is actually true.

Regardless, for most of us, the Western audience, it more or less seems that Project Moon caved into the incel / incel-adjacent vocal minority (however you call it).

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Lord_Magmar posted:

The problem is that in South Korea it isn't a vocal minority, it's a violent majority who voted in an anti-feminist president.

It wasn't the lack of anime tiddies even, it's Sinclair in a choker and being under the unfeminine Ishmael in workplace hierarchy. From what I've heard. It's about nightmare gender politics and cultural expectations, not sexy appearances. Admittedly, this is second hand myself and just because people say it's about one thing doesn't mean they're being truthful.

It's a really different situation from the Western Incel nonsense, because it's a cultural war built around a deeply ingrained patriarchical society being questioned and rebelled against by feminist movements. This isn't modern day America/Europe/Australia/etc, it's closer to the Suffragetes period politically speaking.

Yeah I saw this article that talks about it here: https://thediplomat.com/2021/07/how-feminism-became-a-dirty-word-in-south-korea/ (I didn't see any thing about links being an issue in the forum rules so hopefully this should be okay).

Gosh this just sucks, I think Limbus Company being a gacha opened them to a wider audience that enabled this while Library of Ruina flew under the radar, or something along those lines.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yea I know, I read the thread. I used "incels" mostly for brevity sake. I'm aware that this isn't an equivalent of Western company bending over backwards to a bunch of 4channers. In short term, what they did might really be the best out of all the horrible decisions available to them. But considering what kind of nothingburger made them a target in the first place, I really can't see how they will avoid getting harassed again in the future, unless they actively censor their whole output.

Indeed, what's gonna protect their future output, or their past output (e.g. Library of Ruina), from further nonsense like this?

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Endorph posted:

Largely that they already got their pound of flesh. Not that these guys arent' weirdos who will yell about things but their primary objection was that Limbus/Project Moon stuff was very popular with women who called it feminist, and, well, they've successfully soured a lot of that sentiment. It's not coming back. So they've won.

That is true, though I feel that won't really stop some from digging even more.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Arcanuse posted:

...did anyone else know we could right click a units status' effects to get a detailed breakdown of the ones on that unit?
bonking my form empties is a bit of an odd time to learn that's a thing, but eh :shrug:

I think they talked about it once in Canto 1, and to be fair, most Abnormalities can be defeated by punching them in the face, with My Form Empties being the main exception.

It's also the only place where you can read the Abnormality Logs too.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Omniphile posted:

God I just want Project Moon to not implode long enough to learn what the gently caress Hong Lu's deal is, the man is an absolute enigma who has way too many IDs involving shady backroom deals and/or crime

Same with a lot of the other Sinners.

Don Quixote's facade drop in Chapter 2.

Ryoshu with the tiny bit of teaser we got of her in the trailers.

How Meursault will play out.

And of course, Ishmael in Chapter 5.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

That's hilarious.

Anyhow, I think we will be learning why this accursed body of water is partitioned so cleanly into different sections.

A U Corp experiment gone wrong? (Considering that in 4.5, their technology can be used to cause clean divides).

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Lord_Magmar posted:

Why do you assume it has gone wrong?

GilliamYaeger posted:

It's definitely not gone wrong.

It's clearly property ownership.

My reasoning for this is that U Corp (or anyone for the matter) doesn't seem to be managing these partitioned sections whatsoever, probably because the local wildlife became too much of a pain in the rear end to deal with on a regular basis, as the Limbus crew are travelling through these sections and are beset by monstrous sea creatures and strange weather.

As for why U Corp (or anyone else) would partition sections of the Great Lake, I am guessing maybe they can be private properties to be sold or for industrious activities like aquaculture.

Of course, this is assuming that U Corp had a hand in this phenomenon.

Edit: Also the local wildlife shouldn't count as valid owners, they obviously don't pay the Head property taxes.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Yinlock posted:

Rodion's always been a fairly good team player though Heathcliff is employee of the year on that front, which is still surprising given his literary origin of "world's most bitter rear end in a top hat"

I think this is partially due to Heathcliff being at the "beginning" of his book while Ishmael is after the events of her book.

I haven't read Wuthering Heights but I think Heathcliff is at the part of the story where he leaves the family in search of riches, which I believe in the book may have been some very unsavory stuff, while in Limbus Company it seems to be him joining Limbus Company (and in some of the IDs joining other organizations, e.g. N Corp).

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

On a side note, we gotten some actual direct information about the "train tracks" in the Outskirts, mainly that it's an actual train track, and that valuable materials can be found near the tracks.

It's a give & take on the theory that Z Corp is the Outskirt Train (along with the many different theories on what & where Z Corp is).

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Yinlock posted:

E: Faust's main issue is her abysmal speed which torpedos her S3's payoff big time, 3 paralyze is great but it's same-turn and she's very likely going last. She can clash decently and has Fluid Sac though so she's alright.

Yeah W Faust's slow speed makes it so that she basically never clashes in regular fight, which is not good for her S3, but I do find it useful for Fluid Sack as she can heal everyone's Sanity back to near maximum after when everyone else uses EGOs and whatnot before her, all in a single round.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

Finished the update.

Holy fuckin' kino.

I loving KNEW he was Mirror Heathcliff. Wonder who he was wearing? Guess we'll never know considering Heathcliff turned him into red paste. And oh hey, the boss is going to be Distorted Heathcliff!

I have seen some people consider the past memories of Heathcliff that interrupted Carmen may have interrupted the Distortion process. And considering how Part 3 will be diving into the past of the Sinner in question, Heathcliff may remain undistorted, at least for a while. Still pretty ambiguous and next week needs to come faster.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Also we got to see a follow-up for Leviathan and Aseah, and it seems like the Ring members that were affiliated with the Window project got booted out of the Ring one way or another.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

My guy you literally hear him transform and howl at the end of the scene. He's 100% Distorted.

I am swinging for the fences from a meta-perspective where the spotlight Sinner plays an important role for the Part 3 Dungeon, of course, we could be getting a more lucid Distortion like the Blue Reverberation or Heathcliff could just be locked out for his Canto's Dungeon (he ran off and we have to get him), or it could just be partial progression like how Xiao was initially / Ezra was for a moment in Distortion Detective (I now realize that they may show up in Part 3 since Heathcliff Distorted).

Honestly you are very likely right cause I got to that point at 2 am so I was a bit out of it.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it makes so much more sense now why Limbus Company recruited Moses & her cohorts, considering that they are putting the Sinners through the wringer by having them confront their past, so what happened with Heathcliff would have been almost inevitable. Also wonder if the thing they are doing with the Sinners is something like their own Seed of Light?

StuffyEvil fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 4, 2024

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Junpei posted:

Putting all that aside, I do find it really interesting that Ryoshu doesnt get along with the Ring, given her Art Murder love would make for simpatico sensibilities

It also completely negates the theory that Ryoshu was part of the Ring (she had to do a terrible artwork for them a la her source book).

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

RandomReader posted:

Super doubt. Given Don latching on to the Edgar family name a little bit, we've probably met the eldest Edgar brother in Distortion Detective. He went by Edgar, a grade 1 Fixer with the major crimes unit of Zwei Section 1, South Branch, which Moses notes means he's something of a big deal.

It will also explain why Linton would think that his brother will be very angry if he found out what Linton did, considering that he likely collaborated with former Ring members.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Turns out that Meursault's Gloom Chains of Others after the first fight against Erlking Heathcliff was a mistake, so all the theorizing over it was for naught.

This is from the 4th page of the patch notes btw.

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Someone made a shitpost predicting Philip Sinclair a few hours before the announcement and it's quite enjoyable to go through the comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I do wish to point out that Roland mask make him difficult to recognize or something, seeing how his last dice is untargetable in the Black Silence Reception.

I believe the artbook states that his mask makes it hard for people to perceive him, which is also why people mistake him for the Black Silence when he takes his wife's gloves out for a spin.