Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The guy who grabs his two margaritas before fleeing from marauding pterodactyls in Jurassic World? That's Jimmy "Margaritaville" Buffet

On the subject of Matt Damon cameos, his role in Interstellar is absolutely not just a cameo. But they also didn't really hype him being in it. I managed to see it pretty unspoiled, having only seen the occasional theater or TV ad for the movie, and when they get to the part where they open up the stasis pod, I still had that moment of "Holy poo poo is that Matt Damon??"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

BrigadierSensible posted:

It's not really that much of a joke. But to audiences who know it is Bill Bailey, it's funnier because there is two of the same famous person, but to Americans who don't know that, it's just twins. ..... I suppose, I dunno.

The first time I saw it, I got the Iain Banks joke, but not the Bill Bailey joke.

(One of the Bills Bailey is shown reading a book by Iain Banks, the literary novelist. The other of the Bills Bailey is reading a book by Iain M. Banks, the science fiction author.

Those are also both the same guy.)