Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Does Bill Bailey in Hot Fuzz count? Coz that is more a minor role than a cameo.

I like it on the directors commentary they say that the reveal he is playing twins at the end doesn't get as big a laugh in America because they have no idea who Bill Bailey is.

Also David Letterman is in the Beavis and Butthead movie, (as Butthead's dad), and also in the criminally underrated cult movie Cabin Boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

These are not surprising cameos, as they fit the tone of the show. But it was cool to see them anyway.

Gary Numan and Roger Daltrey play themselves for 5 seconds in different episodes of The Mighty Boosh

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

AFewBricksShy posted:

I'm 90% certain that Flea's cameo as the guy in the bathroom doing acid off of Thompson's shirt in the bathroom is the very next scene.

Speaking of Flea, he's one of the Nihilists in the Big Lebowski. Along with Aimee Mann.

RBA Starblade posted:

I know who he is through Black Books, what's the meta joke about him playing twins?

It's not really that much of a joke. But to audiences who know it is Bill Bailey, it's funnier because there is two of the same famous person, but to Americans who don't know that, it's just twins. ..... I suppose, I dunno.

BrigadierSensible has a new favorite as of 02:50 on Jul 13, 2020