Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Emril's restaurant in New Orleans was pretty good and his time at Commanders Palace is well remembered. Even if he's no longer as popular I appreciate him helping further popularize New Orleans cooking traditions in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Paul Prudhomme is also a classic chef that Im posting because I love K-pauls seasoning and he made blackening fish a thing americans were comfortable with.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M5XXU47q9js

Also shout out to Leah Chase who in addition to running a staggeringly good restaurant told Obama off for seasoning her food before eating it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vKUumdYNecY

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lagasse convinced my one set of grandparents to try cajun seasoning and gumbo, and for that the man is a goddamn miracle worker.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Solomon Gumball posted:

If you want authentic New Orleans cookin' just get the green can of Tony's. It's a fact that every house in that city posesses at least one can of the poo poo.

I watched someone shake some into a glass of water then drink it once, and I thought, yeah, that makes sense

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I had a family member be bitterly disappointed Emeril was not cooking for them when they went to Emeril's restaurant. Like, making a scene angry about how it takes some real balls to name a restaurant after yourself and not cook in there for every meal.