Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lack of Bear
Jun 12, 2007

he couldn't bear it

It feels like a fresh take on cycling. All of the cycling tricks in a set can be similarly applied to one with rumor. I like that you have restricted it so much. I keeps the power level in check while also leaving room for rumor modifier cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaiSha
Jul 9, 2012
Just as a way to smooth out playing with rumor, is there a reason it needs to shuffle? I'm thinking if you are rumoring with any regularity you'll shuffle cards around in your hand to bluff what card you're getting rid of, then shuffle you're library, then draw, which could get old if you're doing it repeatedly. Is there a reason you wouldn't just put the card on the bottom of your library and then draw?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

BaiSha posted:

Just as a way to smooth out playing with rumor, is there a reason it needs to shuffle? I'm thinking if you are rumoring with any regularity you'll shuffle cards around in your hand to bluff what card you're getting rid of, then shuffle you're library, then draw, which could get old if you're doing it repeatedly. Is there a reason you wouldn't just put the card on the bottom of your library and then draw?

No. You're absolutely right.

itsmekidney
May 6, 2019
Woah! Nehru that is a very neat and simple mechanic. It reminds me of forecast but I like that it's a little more workable. We're kind of sort of making a common peoples' revolution set over here too (maybe) so it's neat to see another take.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Thanks! I have another mechanic that is a bit fussy and needs cleaned up before it's ready for other eyes I think.

edit: Fixed font problem.

double edit: Screw it, here it is.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Oct 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsmekidney
May 6, 2019

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Thanks! I have another mechanic that is a bit fussy and needs cleaned up before it's ready for other eyes I think.

edit: Fixed font problem.

double edit: Screw it, here it is.

Technically, I think Vendeean Ambusher can reveal the plot over and over again for infinity mana. The plot cards sort of remind me of spellshapers, but I think this time (as opposed to with Rumor) the limitations kind of hurt it, and the question of "what happens to the plot when you reveal it" needs to be more clear.