Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is to inform you that Weed is Cool again!!!!!

Weed is Cool again :rznv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit
bugs and daffy ri[ping the posters off the tree onlyh the posters say "WEED IS COOL" and "WEED HAS MANY DOCUMENTED NEGATIVE HEALTH EFFECTS INCLUDING HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE LUNG DISEASE IF SMOKED AND INCREASED RISK OF PSYCHOSIS PERMANENT CHANGES IN NEUROLOGICAL FUNCTION AMONG PEOPLE BELOW AGE 25"

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
the real question is whether or not weed is byob again. i mean it's always been cool

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

cda posted:

bugs and daffy ri[ping the posters off the tree onlyh the posters say "WEED IS COOL" and "WEED HAS MANY DOCUMENTED NEGATIVE HEALTH EFFECTS INCLUDING HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE LUNG DISEASE IF SMOKED AND INCREASED RISK OF PSYCHOSIS PERMANENT CHANGES IN NEUROLOGICAL FUNCTION AMONG PEOPLE BELOW AGE 25"

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

cda posted:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

It may be cool again, but it is still illegal in byob :cop:

:mods:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Areola Grande

cda posted:

always beware d.a.r.e. officers posting in byob

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo

prepuce repurposed posted:

the real question is whether or not weed is byob again. i mean it's always been cool

byob is cool
Weed is Cool
ergo:
weed is byob :rznv:

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

always beware d.a.r.e. officers posting in byob

Especially DARE officers who have obviously sampled too much devil's lettuce from the evidence room.

cda

by Hand Knit

oliwan posted:

byob is cool
Weed is Cool
ergo:
weed is byob :rznv:

man is mortal
socrates smokes weed

ergo: socrates died from weed

----------------

magic cactus

cda posted:

man is mortal
socrates smokes weed

ergo: socrates died from weed

COUNCIL OF ATHENS: Socrates you stand accused of corrupting the youth. How do you plead?

SOCRATES: lmao gently caress u narc

*does massive bong rip*

cda

by Hand Knit

magic cactus posted:

COUNCIL OF ATHENS: Socrates you stand accused of corrupting the youth. How do you plead?

*does massive bong rip*

----------------

beer pal

i just want to let any lurkers know, since satire can sometimes be misconstrued, that the op is only joking and weed is not cool again

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

magic cactus posted:

*does massive bong rip*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Heather Papps

hello friend

diogenes bursts into the academy with a marihuana plant, festooned in sunglasses and a hawaiian shirt

"behold, a cool weed!"

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

magic cactus

Heather Papps posted:

diogenes bursts into the academy with a marihuana plant, festooned in sunglasses and a hawaiian shirt

"behold, a cool weed!"

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

beer pal posted:

i just want to let any lurkers know, since satire can sometimes be misconstrued, that the op is only joking and weed is not cool again

mods please sticky this comment

Areola Grande

mods pls rename thread Clean Livin Tips n Tricks

szkud

magic cactus posted:

*does massive bong rip*

~(‾▿‾)~

google THIS

I feel the need to point out that this weed leaf is walking right in the middle of the road, at night, in the direction of oncoming traffic in a left side driving country, and flouting traffic safety is definitely not cool.

Areola Grande

google THIS posted:

I feel the need to point out that this weed leaf is walking right in the middle of the road, at night, in the direction of oncoming traffic in a left side driving country, and flouting traffic safety is definitely not cool.

the police tailing him for jaywalking would later discover that he is weed

FutonForensic

my dad stared out over the lake, his back to me. the water, turned glittering and amber by the evening sun, was reflected in his tired eyes.

"i know weed is cool again, but i can still smoke it, right? i can still smoke it?"

"yeah dad." my eyes stung with tears. "you can smoke it all you want" I pulled the slide back on the Beretta

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

google THIS posted:

:hai:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FutonForensic posted:

my dad stared out over the lake, his back to me. the water, turned glittering and amber by the evening sun, was reflected in his tired eyes.

"i know weed is cool again, but i can still smoke it, right? i can still smoke it?"

"yeah dad." my eyes stung with tears. "you can smoke it all you want" I pulled the slide back on the Beretta

magic cactus

FutonForensic posted:

FluffieDuckie

google THIS posted:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

cda

by Hand Knit

the police tailing him for jaywalking would later discover that he is weed

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

We'd it's illegal and im very upset

google THIS

FutonForensic posted:

Waals Vander

Live...
Laugh...
Post...
weed (aka cannabis) hasnt been cool since the 60s when you could go to jail for life for it

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

cda posted:

Realtalk, some of this is true, and that's an informed risk you take when you choose to use, just as when you choose to use nicotine, caffeine, or alcohol, especially where blood pressure or lung disease are concerned. Anecdotally, my lungs are weak at best due to cigarettes for nearly a decade (switched to vape, not much better but certainly not worse) and several years of daily marijuana use, but my blood pressure is all good. If anything it should be higher from the Concerta that I take daily for ADHD, but it's pretty even. I'm 33 and these are the decisions I have made and I am at peace with that.

Regarding psychosis and neurological changes in younger users, that's also true, but it bears mentioning that psychosis is very rare and mainly occurs in people who are already genetically predisposed to, or already suffer from, schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. In those predisposed, use of marijuana can precipitate the onset of either disorder. This is true also of many other classes of drugs which increase excitatory neurotransmitter levels and activity in the central nervous system, including (but not limited to):
-Stimulants (cocaine, amphetamines, caffeine, etc.)
-Hallucinogens (LSD, mushrooms, PCP, Ketamine, etc.)
-Alcohol
-Many antidepressants (MAOIs, SSRIs, Tricyclics, etc.)

I would advise therefore, obviously, that people who have a family history of, or suffer from, any mental disorder which induces mania or psychosis should avoid psychoactive drugs in general, because their mental states are not as easily-able to bounce back from those sudden changes in receptor activity. Drugs which have either direct or indirect action on the serotonin and/or dopamine pathways are especially risky because these are the most popular for recreational use and the easiest to find on the street.

I would also advise anyone under 25 that avoiding marijuana (and nicotine, and alcohol for that matter) is the safest policy. Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's always a good idea. If you must, please do so occasionally, and do so in a safe environment, such as not the driver's seat of a car.

Weed is cool, but being responsible is even cooler. Take it frmo me, the cool weed facts dog, Barco Fiesta.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Barco Fiesta posted:

If anything it should be higher from the Concerta that I take daily for ADHD, but it's pretty even.

How is concerta? I've been on adderall for years and was on ritalin before that and I sometimes wonder about the other alternatives.

FanofPortals

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT

oliwan posted:

This is to inform you that Weed is Cool again!!!!!

Weed is Cool again :rznv:

Beautiful.

Chrs

pass me the joint!!

(so I can use it as evidence against you in court)

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

How is concerta? I've been on adderall for years and was on ritalin before that and I sometimes wonder about the other alternatives.

Concerta is actually really nice. Same drug as ritalin (methylphenidate), but in a long-release preparation. I especially like only having to take one pill in the morning that lasts 12 hours and avoids the "dips" in effectiveness throughout the day that you get from multiple doses of instant release meds. You just have to watch your caffeine intake as usual.

I also prefer methylphenidate to amphetamine (adderall, etc.) because it's milder and doesn't deplete my dopamine levels so rapidly or give me so many mental side effects like mood instability.

cda

by Hand Knit
Weed has been cool since Olaf, from Frozen,. smoked it.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
becuase hes a snowman, made of snow, which is cold, which is a lot like cool, yous ee, thank you for appreciating my joje

----------------

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

magic cactus posted:

*does massive bong rip*

FutonForensic posted:

Waals Vander posted:

weed (aka cannabis) hasnt been cool since the 60s when you could go to jail for life for it

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Fredflonston

Finally!

flings open closet door to reveal a single pair of beautifully embroidered weed pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just want to say thank you for all the great posts in this thread about how Weed is Cool again :weedass:

except for this one

beer pal posted:

:ughh:

Weed is Cool again 😎