Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
think back to the world of tech in 2010. a lot has changed since then! ten years ago, i ran windows xp on my netbook and didn't have a smartphone. intel was the undisputed king of the processor hill. apple still made some pretty good computers, and steve had not yet passed on to his great reward. ballmer had recently shocked the world by releasing one of microsoft's least poo poo oses, windows 7. online dating was still sufficiently weird that you had to pretend you and your ladyfriend met cute in a coffeeshop or something. it seemed like 2010 might truly be the year of linux on the desktop.

what do you think computers will look like in June 2030?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Chewbaccanator posted:

itll be javascript all the way to the kernel, op

Zlodo posted:

they will replace the nt kernel with the linux kernel but also gdi with electron

:bisonyes:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

will a computer finallly be able to eat you out rather than the other way around

we dont know thats the magic of computers science

anything is possible with computers, op

personally, i think that we'll be all be digital consciousnesses each running on a different amazon-microsoft server instance

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

DAIRY KING posted:

linux will be king, coffee shops will no longer exist as the plague takes over every ones body, dating site will be come cam sites, everyone will have a government issued lovedoll capable of very basic AI i love yous, and my smartphone will still spy on me, all hail the box

sounds like a net improvement over my current life :pray:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
looking forward to apple's 2030 folding display quantum computer watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

maniacdevnull posted:

computers are a fad, i don't think they'll still have them next year

I don't think that we're that lucky, op