Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoNotFeedTheBear
Sep 13, 2007
This is one of my favourite films. One of the most beautiful films I've seen. I love the message behind it. I thought Hugh Jackman was fantastic in it. His anguish when Izzy/The tree dies was quite powerful. Him screaming at her to leave him alone, before collapsing in tears and admitting his fear and begging her to tell him what he needs to do (how to write the ending, or maybe to write an ending that he would be ok with?), and then finally accepting his own mortality (and her death too?) genuinely made me cry.

(Edit) This bit (although it doesn't include the bit just before it where Izzy dies):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrrPZ3O2jFM

And yes, the soundtrack is amazing!

DoNotFeedTheBear fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jun 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU