Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I feel like I've already posted my thoughts on the film too many times on this forum, but suffice to say I think it's a brilliant film. It raises a lot of interesting questions, but likely has a very simple "reality" to it where the conquistador story is Izzy's book and the spaceship story is Tommy's final chapter to that book, incorporating his own experiences.

What I'm curious about is if anyone has any insight into the lighting. Aronofsky has gone on record saying that yellow light and white light are the key to understanding the film, but I don't really see it in anyone's thoughts on the film and it never quite adds up to me on rewatch. Does anyone feel like they have additional insight into this?

Also, has anyone listened to the commentary that he put out himself since the studio wouldn't put it on the home release? Looks like it's up on YouTube here. I'm rarely a commentary person but I might have to give this a listen next time I want to revisit the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Has anyone read the graphic novel based on the original version of the film? I've heard it's not very good, but I'm curious how that colors the interpretation of the final film.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I've heard from someone in a position to know that he's a dick to the writers he works with and demands screenplay credit regardless of involvement. Sure does make drat interesting movies, though.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's definitely a movie I watch only when I'm in a bad emotional space.