Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

HP: 4/5 -> 2/5
Memory: Hiding, When the Cleric Found my Farm, When we Robbed the Elves
Satiation: 1
Bile: 1

With nary a sound, young Yip slid up to the warrior P'ak, climbing over his armour as if it were a tree and the cobbold an awful, armour-plated snake, before perching at ear-height and whispering softly "we hunts for you"
Weather that was a promise or a threat was hard to tell, for Yip was gone before the ork had any chance to ask.

When We Robbed the Elves vs Hunters: 1d100+10+1+1+15+5 = 100

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Bolderdash
HP: 4/5 -> 3/5 (-1 failed action) -> 4/5 (+1 heal berry) -> 3/5 (-1 Blood Flower)
Memory: Compressing (Used), When the Taxman broke my child's legs ()
Satiation: 9 -> 6 (-3 Blood Flower) -> 8 (+2 posting)

Bolderdash returned from the failed tracklaying attempt, only to peer at the other cobbolds and the pleading humans. He shrugged, deciding not to care about either issue. He'd spoken his opinion earlier, others could take the lead on this. Instead he went back to the forest to pet the Blood Flower.

Blood Flower Dues: 1d3 1 (wound)
Blood Flower Chews: 1d12-1d4 -3 (4 satiation for random demon)

While it didn't hurt any more than it had earlier, this time it just left him hungrier, rather than the opposite, much to his annoyance.

When he returned from the forest, he spotted Bluco enthusiastically digging in the fields and so went over to give a hand.

At least some honest toil was a good distraction from a grumbling tummy. Though some kind faceless tossed him a Heal Berry, so it wasn't all bad.

Farm the fields: 1d100+6 101

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Name: Carrick
HP: 2/5 >3/5
Memory: Audacity (recharging), First hunt with Father (ready)
Satiation: 19 > 20 > 21 > 1
Bile: 0 > 5 > 0
Bonuses: Hospital +1
Items:Shooty thing loaded.

Badly injured but having looked spectacular getting that way, Carrick regaled Mother Magdalene,

"Did you see that? Did you see that which I just did? Right after I tore apart a shooty one, a stabby one stabbed me in the back, so I forced their own blade through my body, broke it and got them in the eye through their helm with the jagged bit. Downside is, I've now got a bit of a hole. Let me patch that."

Carrick grabs a Heal Berry +1 HP

Physician, heal thyself: 1d100+26 125

"Much better. Hmm, there's a hole through my chainmail as well. Let's upgrade that."

Carrick invests 20 Satiation and 5 bile to upgrade the Chainmail

"Oh, and free them. Any disloyalty and I'll deal with them personally."

B

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 6, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Cobb
Memory: Cobbling
HP: 5/5 -> 4/5 -> 5/5
Equipment: Leather Armour (+5 to combat strategm rolls), Hyper Leaf (1 use, +75 for 1 turn, -50 for 2 turns after), Shooty Thing (Use upon death to avoid death/lethal damage), Knight's Sword (+1)
Satiation: 18 -> 20

Cobb was still nursing his wound from the ambust in the forest when the berries were handed out. He thanked the faceless who delivered them, and immediately consumed it.

Grabbing a Heal Berry and eating it, restoring HP to 5/5.

But the railway was still not finished! Cobb grabbed some spare tools and got to work.

Helping with the railroad again: 1d100+20+1 24 A nat 3, ah well.

EDIT: Voting C. Free 'em all! Be nice!

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 7, 2020

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Name: Yeetus
Memory: Throwing (Ready), The King's Proclamation. (Ready), Dwarven Evictions (Ready)
HP: 4/5
Satiation: 7 > 8
Bile: 1 > 6

(Fluff will happen tomorrow I am tired)

Finishing the Railway, using my Satiation and Pitchfork for assistance. 1d100 + 9 = 58

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 7, 2020

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

HP: 2/5 Satiation: 25->20 Bile: 0 Memory: Finding [Using], My First Hunt Alone, The Bet I Won, And How He Didn’t Pay

The answer was simple, as it always was. She would find the hunters, because she was the best at finding. Her Light would seek them out.
> Whistler takes and eats a Heal Berry for +1 HP!
> EPIC - Find Hunters to steal their charms [10d100 + 100 Wounds 12]: 6d100+20+10 441

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 7, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Health: 3 -> 4/5 HP
Memory: Blind Luck (ready), My First Hunt with my Father (cooling), Banditry on the Plains (using)
Items: Warding Eye (Powered by Warding Demon: two-way, long-distance looking, speaking, and listening), Stabby Thing (+5), Shooty Thing (Defy Death, Loaded, 5 Satiation + ACT to reload), Leather Armor (Lvl 2, +5)
Satiation: 7 -> 9
Bile: 0

> Blek takes and eats a Heal Berry for +1 HP!
> Memory: Raids on the Glass Desert: 1d100 30 - Upgrading 'Banditry on the Plains' if possible
> Find Hunters to steal their charms: 1d100+10+7+5+5 37
D

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Mother Magdalene tallied votes from the Cobbold’s, and smiled widely, “Well if you think it’s best to keep them locked up, then so be it. You really should do something with them though, they’re getting antsy. Who knows what they’ll do when their reality sets in.” She smiled and looked towards the manor wall. “Who knows what they’ll do…” She trailed off. Carrick broke her concentration with his excited chirping. Mother Magdalene cooed appreciatively as he gave her his story.

AJ_Impy posted:

"Did you see that? Did you see that which I just did? Right after I tore apart a shooty one, a stabby one stabbed me in the back, so I forced their own blade through my body, broke it and got them in the eye through their helm with the jagged bit. Downside is, I've now got a bit of a hole. Let me patch that."

B

“I did, that was amazing,” She looked down at his wounds, “Hmm… Let me see what I can do about that.” She reached over and placed her hands on his body. A warmth spread from her finger tips into his arm, and the magic arched and buckled on his body, until the wounds started to stitch themselves up. “We need you all in top fighting shape.” She let go, and Carrick was stitched up. She gently patted him on the head, and continued her patrols.

She then saw Bluco, and shook his hand.

Slaan posted:

"Mother Magdelene! Howdy, I'm Bluco. You probably knew me as a human goat herder before I got all transmogrified into this more goat-like body I got here by that room of yours. Thankee much for your help before with my herd. I always knew it weren't yer fault that things went bad around here. It was them damned taxmans and clerics and rot. They just couldn' leave us well enough alone." He spit in the general direction of the mayor's house.

"Anyways, I wanted to let ya know that I am standin' up for the faceless and half-faced around here. Didn' see much action as a faced Cobbold in this here fight, only got my face after that weird Amelie gal got herself offed like a goose what won't lay eggs. I stood up to them more pacifistic fellers that wanted to accept surrender of these evil taxman-lovin' blokes. Don't they know that the faceless gotta eat and the human's gotta be all domesticated? I lost that particular fight, but I won't keep standing up for my little brothers and sisters. That kindly lil' half-faced Lobelia, for instance, I've taken a shine to. I'll make sure to be a good goatherd and get these cute, willful folks to where they need to be in the future."

He held out his horn in a salute. "Nice to meet you finally, M'arm"

“Well it is a pleasure, I’m glad you’re here to experience all of this with us.” She looked around at the fields, “You’ve done a great job on the fields,” she frowned slightly, “There should be sprouts already, what’s going on? Ceres!”

Ceres did not appear when called, Mother Magdalene frowned harder, “Ceres!” She said, her tone sharp, and her voice reverberating with energy. Neat was walking through, on her way to torment the prisoners some more, heard Mother Magdalene yelling.

“I can help if you want.” Neat said, Mother Magdalene was visibly upset.

“Why didn’t he come when I called?!”

“Well, with all due respect Magdalene, we’re not yours, we were summoned by the cobbolds, and so don’t… Have.. to listen to you if we don’t want too.”

Mother Magdalene balked at this, “I summoned him first!” She said indignantly, her normal cheery facade slipping away as cold contempt started to pour into her voice.

“Right well, let’s see how that argument works out for you.” She looked at Bluco and Yeetus, “Aw dammit you guys.” She looked at the field, “I haven’t cleaned this one out yet, why are you trying to grow stuff here.”

She reached her hand into the soil, and pulled out a handful of glowing palm sized bugs. Mother Magdalene looked at it closely. Neat toned in, “I don’t know what magic these run on, but they’ve been digging holes and eating crops all throughout the farms around here.”

Mother Magdalene picked it up and looked at it.

“Interesting, this isn’t magic,” She said, and quickly crushed the bug between her fingers. Tiny metal shards seemed to flow out of the bug, and it sparked there was an acrid smell of ozone, and then the light inside the tiny thing died.

“I only know of two nations that have technology like this, and only one of them has a grudge against humanity,” She said, rubbing her massive chin. “This Town keeps getting more and more interesting. Anyways, we’ll have to clear out all the Famine Mites before we’ll be able to do anything.”

She looked over at Bluco and Bolderdash, “Don’t worry poppets, it’s not a set back that we won’t have crops in time, we will just have to prepare a… Different kind of offering to give the taxman when he comes. These humans might come in handy.”

Instead of Gardening like they had planned, Bluco and Bolderdash worked with Neat to clear the farm of the Fallow Mites. Mother Magdalene grimaced, “We may still be farming when the Taxman comes, that could be an issue. Still, I’m glad to see you’re both having fun.

There was crack of a rifle, a loud explosion, and screaming. Smoke rose over the Manor wall. Bluco, Bolderdash, and Mother Magdalene rushed over to see what had happened

Failure Bluco Bolderdash Farm the fields Farm the Fields: 12d100+108 688 vs Farm the Fields: 20d100 1196

When Mother Magdalene made it to the walls of the manor she could hear fighting, she quickly hopped on top of the wall to get a better view of what was going on. She saw that the knights had cleared away the wreckage of the manor, and what looked to be a storm cellar laid open and bare. The faceless were pouring in over the walls to try and stop them, and were met with steel and cannon fire. Many of the knights had grabbed rifles, and had formed themselves into a firing line, covering the escape of the rest. The tents were torn down, and a line of linen was trailing on the back wall. Mother Magdalene circled widely around the manor, and caught site. She saw the priestess and the Orphans getting into what looked like a raft that had been lashed together with hope, dreams, and tarps.

She let out a low growl, as one of the men helping to load the children onto the raft pointed at her and fired, the blast making dirt explode to her left. She doubled back as quickly as she could, hopping over the manor wall. The cobbolds had over taken the firing line, and were taking their rifles from them. Mother Magdalene watched from ontop of her perch and grimaced, more than half of them had escaped, and they were on the river, moving fast, that could cause problems in the future. Where the hell was Ceres, he should be doing something about this. She thought to herself.

Failure Faceless Prison Guarding: 30d100 1526 vs Prison Guarding: 30d100 1564

-13 Faceless
Prisoner’s Left Over: Escaping: 1d103 40

Yip, Whistler, and Blek, and a small handful of Cobbolds crept through the forest. The deeper they went in the thicker the leaves were. Yip somehow moved silently, like a giant bug, his sharp metal legs were whisper quiet as it pierced the wood and gently moved him along. Blek heard the hunters, and pointed them out to the rest of the group. The cobbolds silently stalked the elves from the tree tops. The forest around the elves was alive with noise, the sounds of the forest hid their approach.

There were 3 of them, they had purple skin, red hair, and heavy bags under their eyes. They looked worn and tired, and moved with a sluggishness that was unbecoming of the graceful elves they had seen in the forest city. They were far away from the city, and it looked like they were exhausted. There was a loud squeal of a boar, and the elves hunkered down quickie. One of the faceless let out a soft chitter, unable to contain itself.

The elves put their hands together, and whispered something that not even Blek could hear and they disappeared from sight.The cobbolds looked carefully, and there was a slight shimmer in the air where the hunters were, and they could still hear their almost silent foot steps as they gently crunched dead leaves and sticks that littered the forest floor. There was a whistle and an arrow flew out from the shimmer, and bounced off of Yip’s armor. The faceless let out a sharp surprised yelp, and the cobbolds descended upon the Elves.

Whistler led the charge, bright flashes of light burning thick glowing holes into the trees around her, as she blasted away with her magic. The elves tried to run, but Yip in his suit was faster, the snake-like armor quickly springing him into action, he landed on one of the invisible creatures. The Elf panicked and reached into his pocket, and pulled out a vial of white powder, and quickly took it. He grew and grabbed Yip and threw the heavy small creature across the way, his body colliding with a pack of faceless. The others turned around the magic keeping them protected slipping away.

The elven woman reached into her coat pocket, and pulled out two swords. She whispered over them and flames engulfed the sword, and her body. Leaves were curling away from her the intensity of the heat turning them into glowing embers. Yip leapt on her, his scythe arms piercing her body, keeping him away from the heat, and she fell over dead. One of the men let out a wail of desperation and depression, and tried to attack Yip, but Blek was quick to defend, and tore the man’s throat out with his claws.

The raging elf growled and rushed Whistler who removed the offending creature’s head with a blast of her magic. With the elves dead, they were able to loot the bodies, and quickly find what they needed. Each elf had on them, a variety of powders, berries, and weapons that seemed inscrutable to the denizens of H’olm. The woman had on her a ring, just like they had found when they first scouted the elves. With this they would be able to bypass the barrier and enter the elf village proper.

Success Yip Whistler Blek Hunt the HuntersHunting The Hunters: 7d100+578 933 vs Hunting the Hunters: 10d100+100 489

The railroad was nearly halfway to H’olm when the last group had to stop and regroup, Cobb was keeping watch, making sure they weren’t about to build their way back into an ambush. Faceless carried satiation to the end of the tracks, pulling the metal like taffy, and easily stretching it out and laying more. Yeetus was back at H’olm and working on the train itself, a group of faceless were holding the frame of it, as Yeetus filled it with satiation, he enscribed ancient runes on the machine, giving it life.

Yeetus took the train when it was finished to the edge of the track to catch up with Cobb and the rest. It seemed that the forest was quiet. Together Cobb and Yeetus worked with the faceless laying track from H’olm to The Farm. Yeetus and Cobb were carrying thick pieces of rail, when Cobb had stepped down, and there was a quiet click. Yeetus pushed the faceless back as Cobb leaped down to the ground.

Metal pierced Cobb’s body with such velocity that his bones were turned into shrapnel that stuck into Yeetus’ frame. Ribs sticking out of him, making Yeetus look like a porcupine. Frustrated, the two cobbolds pulled themselves together, and quickly used the satiation to create bandages and wrapped each other up the best they could.

It took nearly a week to get all the rail road tracks from H’olm to The Farm, but when they did Mother Magdalene was there with her great big smile. She gave each one of them a hug, and cooed with pride at how well they did. Neat broke a bottle of champagne that she had robbed from the manor’s cellar, and waved as the prisoners were carried back off to H’olm.

Failure Cobb Yeetus Railroad Railroad: 21d100+82 1507 vs Train Tracks: 30d100 1707

-3 HP Cobb
-2 HP Yeetus

The sun was filtered through the dense leaves of H’olm, the still air. The sun was high, but in the shady shadows it was cool and refreshing. Shing The ground, thankfully, was soft, the loamy soil giving way to his tool easily Psssh. Shing His shovel broke the eerie silence, and it was all that was heard in the entire clearing. Psssh Neat had floated nearby watching him for almost an hour now. Shing He was methodical, mechanical. Psssh He didn’t break, he just dug his holes, there were 3 of them, and it looked like he was starting on a fourth. Shing The sound of metal sliding through dirt, Psssh the whisper of dirt being poured out. Over and over, for hours he went like this. Bits of his essence flowed from his hands and wrapped around his shove and pooled on the ground. ShingPsssh… Shing… Psssh… Shing… Psssh... Over and over he worked the soil.

Neat, after a few hours of this, walked up and put a hand on Ceres shoulder, “Hey… You good?” Ceres looked at her, and shrugged. He split open his body, bisecting himself. A small pile of cobbolds in very states of decay poured out onto the ground. Ceres placed each one into a hole he had dug, gently and with care. “Mother Magdalene was calling you.” Ceres grunted, “Look I don’t have a dog in this fight, but if you’re mad at her shouldn’t you talk to her about it?” Ceres grabbed his shovel, and started to fill the holes, once again the sounds of his toil started up again. Shing.... Psssh… Shing… Psssh…

“If the cobbolds call I will come, but her? She didn’t summon me. She gave me away to the Cobbolds, she has to respect that.” Shing… Psssh.

“She seemed pretty pissed when you didn’t come.” Shing.

“So be it.” Psssh.

“Do you… want to say something?” She said, gesturing at the graves he had dug. Ceres stopped digging for a moment.

“Saand, Babold, Walsh, Chungus, Vek, Amelie.” Ceres intoned gently.

“What?” Neat said confused.

“That was their names. They were alive for less than a month, maybe two? We should remember their names.”

“Ok…?” Neat looked at him puzzled.

“They were people Neat, a lot of them are obviously children.”

“Who cares? They don’t even care, most of them don’t even seem to have noticed they passed.”

Ceres was quiet, his answer was clear on his face.

“Fine, enjoy digging I guess.” Neat shrugged, “Mother Magdalene wanted me to come get you, there was a jail break, we lost most of the humans.”

“Did any cobbolds get hurt?” Ceres asked, his voice concerned.

“No. Just a handful of faceless.” Neat replied. Ceres grunted and resumed digging. “Fine, I’ll tell her I couldn’t find you.”

Ceres nodded.

It was night when he finally put the last shovel of dirt onto the last hole. He clapped his hands and the shovel disappeared. He looked at Amelie’s grave, and grimaced, “Save the others huh?” He kicked a dirt clump. “How the hell am I supposed to do that!?” He stretched, and floated back towards the Farm.

=====================================================================
Items, Memories, and Healing

Healing

Carrick Heals 1 125 vs Heal: 1d100 2
Mother Magdalene Heals Carrick for an additional point of HP.
#39 Heals 1 87 vs Heal: 1d100 71

Roll for the following if you want it:
The Meat has spoiled, all memories Gone, if you want to save memories and loot for later, consider building an Abattoir.

Fleeing the burning cities
The Succession Wars
The Dwarven Request

x3
x2
x3

x2

Buildings

Hanging Gardens

Everyone who posts this downtime will receive 1 free satiation, and may choose one of the following fruits. This happens EVERY downtime.

Blood Flower
Does not take an action.

Take 1d3 damage and roll a d12-d4 in Orokos. Take the result in satiation. This will also empower a demon in the area as though you gave it satiation, based on the d4 roll. This building can not be improved. This building will also change as it gets fed, for the better or worse is for the fates to know.

Workshop
Does not take an action.

Replicate an item for it’s cost. Replicated Items have a Teal Box and Can Be Combined but Not Upgraded. State the combination, and I will give you a cost and the new value, you will then decide if you want to do it.
Make a new item for 5 Satiation. These can be upgraded.
Upgrade it for 10, then 15, 20, then 25. Item bonus increases from +5 / +10 / +15 / +20
At 25 Cost it gains a special ability, chat with me on Discord I do not have PMs.
An item with a specific use in mind, can be created for 10 satiation, but it will not give a bonus, or only give a bonus conditionally, state what you want and I’ll attach appropriate numbers to it. This item can be upgraded for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 satiation.

Downtime

Minetrack
You can now cast any ritual, and use any building to build up The Farm. This also means that all of your prisoners are automatically moved to H’olm, and will not need as many people to guard them.

Healing
Cooking, Healing, entertaining or similar Memories can be used for a +10 bonus to restore HP. Healing is a Conflict between the healers and the wounded - their combined roll is rolled against d100 rolls representing the wounded. Success heals each wounded by 1 HP - and each 100 over heals an additional HP. Healing can only be performed in downtime while making camp. In situations in which SOME healing is possible, you’ll be provided a Closed Conflict - only enough time or resources to partially fix the wounded! The wounded never needs to roll themselves (I’ll do that).

Hospital Bonus 1: If your healing check failed, you or anyone may spend satiation to raise it, at a rate of 1 satiation per +5 to the heal check. Anyone can contribute satiation to your healing attempt

Scouting
The scout action can be used during down time to provide for the warren. Soldiers with stealth, trapping, scouting, cooking, hunting, foraging or similar type memories will get a plus 10. Each person scouting rolls a 1d100 based on their roll; they either have success or failure. 00 - 75 you find something that hurts you. This can be an animal, a person, or even just falling out of a tree, whatever happened you failed your check. 76 - 85 you find food, everyone in the warren gains +1 Satiation due to your excellent hunting skills 86 - 95 You find something useful, this will generally be an item of some sort, or a cache of items though sometimes it can lead to special events, or even new strategies. 96+ This will find you a high quality item, a lot of low quality items, or even possibly some magic (which is basically an item that costs satiation to use, but has huge effects.) This can also unlock Epic Strategies depending on when and where you are in the story when you find it. a natural 100 is considered a critical success, you will find something awesome. If you roll this message me on discord so we can chat about what you found. You have some say in this!

Cobbold Workforce: 79d100
Total Cobbolds: 66
Total Beds: 150

Prisoners: 40
Total Orphans:0
Total Priests: 0
Total Knights: 20
Total Riflemen: 20

Orcs Must Return to Ironstrike (5 Turns)
The Taxman Comes (2 Turns)

Possible Sieges:
(Majority must vote for one of these with their action, else we do another down time.)
  • Attack the Taxman’s Castle

• Attack the Elves

• Attack the Elves, while leaving behind a group to manage the Farm (-30 cobbolds)
Downtime Activities
  • Scout the Taxman’s Castle [10d100 Wounds 6]

• Scout the Elves [10d100 Wounds 10]

• Search for traders 25d100 Faceless Lethal 5

• >>> Guard the prisoners 2d100

• Eat a Prisoner (Specify Kind) Difficulty 0 Gain More Memories

• Shifting Room - turns sapiens into cobbolds, 40% chance to turn, 60% chance to kill, improves with upgrades. Difficulty 0 Can do 50 prisoners at once. Prisoners MUST be in H’olm

• Farm the fields Difficulty 10 Satiation 0 (Must be done 3x for a full harvest) Food can be used to get Satiation
Downtime Expansions
  • Upgrade the Dormitory - Difficulty 20d100 Satiation 10
    Currently Providing: 150 Beds
    Upgrade Will Provide: 300 Beds
    You’re going to need a bigger spot to hold all these cobbolds, Faceless work at Half efficiency when they don’t have a bed, you’ll need to make more beds to have more Cobbolds working around the Warren. This doesn’t affect Cobbolds on Stratagems. - Neat

• Upgrade the Hospital - Difficulty 25d100 Satiation 10 Wounds 5
    Currently Providing: Spend satiation to raise healing rolls
    Upgrade Will Provide: Spend satiation to raise healing rolls even more, use satiation to heal multiple people with successful rolls.
    With a bigger hospital, we could make more efficient use of our satiation. Plus it would gives us access to more facilities, anything that gets me out of here faster I appreciate - Magdalene

• Upgrade the Ritual Room - Difficulty 30d100 Satiation 40 Wounds 5
    Currently Providing: Level 1 Rituals, Cheaper Ritual Costs
    Upgrade Will Provide: Level 2 Rituals, Cheaper Ritual Costs, Combat modifications for Demons, Larger area of effect for demons
    We should make this bigger, it’ll give us access to more rituals, more demons, and when we’re big and strong, I can eat Ceres. - Neat

No-one is eating me, especially not this tiny runt, but yes more rituals are more better. Now could someone please get a stroller for this lost toddler. - Ceres

• Turn the workshop into an Engineering Office - Difficulty 50 Satiation 20 Wounds 10
    Currently Providing: More Buildings, Item Crafting
    Upgrade Will Provide: More buildings, Lowers or eliminates danger of all building Projects.
    The engineering office would allow the creation of siege tools, and items that take multiple Cobbolds to properly use. Ontop of this, it would allow the construction of major defenses to H’olm- P’ark

We won’t need this for a while to be honest, H’olm is much too small to be important, and the major constructions will require more cobbolds then we have at that moment - Mother Magdalene

• Expand the Prison - Difficulty 10 Satiation 10 Wounds 5
    Currently Providing: 60 Prisoner Slots
    Upgrade Will Provide: 100 Prisoner Slots
    A little forward planning isn’t a bad idea, if we siege the farmstead like we plan too, we’re likely to take on much more prisoners. We should take care of them now, so we have a place to put them. - P’ark

• Expand the Shifting Room - Difficulty 100 Satiation 50 Wounds 10 Lethal 1 Faceless Lethal 10
    Currently Providing: Downtime strategy, turns sapiens into cobbolds, 40% chance to turn, 60% chance to kill, improves with upgrades.
    Downtime strategy, turns sapiens into cobbolds, 60% to turn, 30% to do nothing, %10 to kill
    Upgrade Will Provide: Downtime strategy turns, turns sapiens into cobbolds, 50% chans to turn, 40% to kill, 10% to not kill
    Oooh, I love the idea of this, it’s so nifty, you put a human, orc, elf, bear, whatever really, and out pops a shiny new Cobbold. This one is one of my designs! - Neat

Mother Magdalene used a spell I didn’t think we were ready yet. With a shifter room we could do this on a more regular basis, giving us a reason to keep around a healthy… Livestock hehehe. What do you mean this is Neat’s Room? I knew how to make one, I just didn’t think you were ready! - Ceres

[list]
  • Build an Abattoir - Difficulty 25 Satiation 20 Wounds 10
    Will provide: Access to a Necromancer’s Table, a place to turn prisoners into bile, a place to turn multiple prisoners into satiation, a place to turn prisoners into a “Corpse” Resource.
    As we get stronger, and do more advanced rituals, we’re going to need bodies. This would be a great place to store them until it’s time to use them. It’s also the first step to necromancy, which brings it’s own fun and challenges. - Ceres

Necromancy isn’t the only use of an Abbatoir, dead bodies are used in rituals that live bodies are not. Plus if you want to feed us, this will make it easier to do so, so we don’t have to kill them in the ritual room and have a fight over it. - Neat

Meat can be good for healing, this may open an upgrade path to the hospital, that’ll make it more capable of healing then it is now. - P’ark

• Upgrade a Hanging Garden - Difficulty 50 Satiation 40 Wounds 15
    Currently Providing: 1 Free Item, 1 Free satiation per DownTime
    Upgrade Will provide: More Item Choices
    A bigger garden will be able to provide a larger bounty, and more useful items - Magdalene

• Build a Teleporter Room - Difficulty 30 Satiation 10 Wounds 10
    Will provide: Rituals wherever you build a Teleporter Room, access to all of H’olms upgrades and shops wherever you built a Teleporter Room. Will cost 1 satiation per 25 faceless to use during downtimes
    This building is our idea, when you get to The Farm, and get it under your control, it’s going to be a days walk between there and here. This room will let you use all of the amenities of H’olm while still being able to do work in the Farm. Not to mention that, each Teleporter room built increases our dominion, allowing us to operate everywhere you build one. You’d still need to build one in The Farm though. - Neat and Ceres

Be careful with teleporting magic, this is purely a demonic creation, and many have been known to fall in the space between worlds, and deep into the demon’s own realm - Mother Magdalene

We don’t mess with portals, none of the sentient races do. There’s no proof that you are still alive when you go through one, and much proof that you die, and merely a copy takes your place. There’s an old story of an Orc that was killed by his copy, after improperly summoning a portal, and making two of himself. His wife never knew whether she was laying with the original, or the doppelganger - P’ark
Rituals

Demon poo poo
  • Expand Ceres Power - Difficulty 5 Satiation 5 Wounds 3

• Expand Neat’s Power - Difficulty 10 Satiation 20 Wounds 5

• Feed Ceres to Neat - Difficulty 25 Satiation 10 Wounds 5 Lethal 1 Faceless Lethal 5

• Feed Neat to Ceres - Difficulty 95 Satiation 10 Wounds 30 Lethal 15 Faceless Lethal 35

• Feed the 10 Prisoners to Neat and Ceres - Difficulty 5 Prisoners 10 Wounds 1

House Keeping
  • Demonic Scouting - Difficulty 10 Satiation 10 (Will find anyone still in the forest within the Demons Range.)

• Shifting Room - Difficulty 0 turns sapiens into cobbolds, 40% chance to turn, 60% chance to kill, improves with upgrades. Can do all prisoners at once.

Future Stuff
  • Cobbolds Blessing - Difficulty 5 Satiation 9 Wounds 5 (+10 to all actions until next Downtime)

• Summon a fog - Difficulty 3 Satiation 5 (Subtracts -100 from stratagem difficulty that takes place in the forest.)

• Sow Chaos - Difficulty 6 Satiation 6 (Creates Special Stratagems for the next encounter.)

• Neat’s Combat Ritual - Difficulty 5 Satiation 3 (-25 from every combat stratagem in the next fight, costs 1 satiation to maintain)

• Ceres Combat Ritual - Difficulty 5 Satiation 5 (+3 bonus to every Cobbold, Faceless or otherwise costs 1 satiation to maintain)

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 10, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I will work on the next post Friday at 6AM PST GMT -08:00

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Bolderdash
HP: 3/5 -> 4/5 (+1 heal berry) -> 1/5 (-3 Blood Flower)
Memory: Compressing (Using), When the Taxman broke my child's legs ()
Satiation: 8 -> 13 (+5 Blood Flower) -> 3 (-10 corsecraft) -> 4 (+1 posting)

The problem, Bolderdash reflected while chewing on a Heal Berry - wasn't that the Mites couldn't be removed.

It was that if you had to remove them from the plants' area, the damage was already done!

So wat do?

You compressed the earth around each field, that's what! Soil was kept loose so things could grow. That looseness enabled the Mites to crawl and nibble all over the crops' roots, slow and smol though they were. But slow and smol they were, they'd surely have difficulty getting past a solid barrier. And the plants' roots only stretched down to a certain depth, so if he just compacted the earth around and under that area, it'd slow the mites down, reasoned Bolderdash. And eventually they'd starve and die! Or lose their power somehow, maybe, he didn't know. That was for others to know and him to not give a hoot about!

Anyway, hopefully enough plants would be left over and fine. All he had to do was dig up a few fields, remove any mites there, compress mounds of dirt together around and under the tillable farmland to prevent mites from crawling back. Satisfied with this work-intensive plan, Bolderdash went to pet the blood flower again. Maybe the last time had been a fluke!

Blood Flower Dues: 1d3 3 (wounds)
Blood Flower Chews: 1d12-1d4 5 (1 satiation for random demon)

Battered and half dead, Bolderdash wandered back into the Farm, feeling oddly satisfied despite his recent bound of near-lethal bloodloss.

"Need smol potion," he said to the also-returning elf raiding party before wandering off to compress some fields.

Compress / farm the fields (again): 1d100+13(satiation)+10(memory) 39
Claim a healing potion: 1d100 24

In-between this work he continued his corsecrafting, making it even prettier (and more constricting) than before.

-10 Satiation to upgrade the Corset. Details still TBD.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Name: Yeetus
Memory: Throwing (Ready), The King's Proclamation. (Ready), Dwarven Evictions (Ready)
HP: 2/5 (+1)
Satiation: 8 > 10
Bile: 6

Yeetus stumbled up to Mother Magdalene after the completion of the railway, bits of exploded faceless fragments stuck in his face, and bleeding all over but just about cognisant enough to offer a thumbs up. "Job's a gooden! I won my fight against the Railway and also the knight dudes, throwing rocks like no one's business bouncin' em off bonnets like they were nothing, call me the stone thrower cus this boy don't miss! I was right there at the front rippin' and tearin' and still have a lot of second hand rage against the machine to work out before I'm done."

"Why am I talking in this accent? Probably all the blood I lost out of my body now if you excuse me."

>Yeetus will take one Heal Berry from the Garden and eat it for +1 HP
>Yeetus will attempt to heal himself of his ouchies. 1d100 + 10 = 81

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

HP: 2/5 -> 3/5
Satiation: 1->2->3

Bookkeeping:
Claim 1x Healing Potion: 1d100 53
Claim Invisibility: 1d100 49
Eat Free Healberry
Vote for fighting the Elvises

Yip spent his downtime going back and forth between H'olm and the swamp, relaying information on troupe movements to the orkses, and taking out targets of opportunity as they popped up. Even if no one else followed him, he would be known as Elvisbane and Orkesfriend by seasons end.

Hiding to scout the Elvis: 1d100+10+2+1+5+15+15 = 87

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
[quote="Slaan" post="508675914"]

Name: Bluco
Memory: Got Goat Medicine From the Witch In The Woods (Using), Fletcher Job (Cooldown)
HP: 4/5 > 5/5 (heal berry)
Satiation: 4 > 6 (free satiation & post)
Bile: 5
Notes:
Items: Leather Armor +5, Goat Stick + 5, Shooty Thing

Bluco grabbed a heal berry out of the Cobbold supplies and began munching it down and spitting the seeds out all over the fields as he finished cleaning out the damned bloody mites. There had to be a better way to get rid of the little blighters than doing it by hand. But how?!

That would be a question for another day and another farmer. Bluco was a goatsbold, not a plantbold, after all! He liked guarding his charges from the wolves and the elves out there what wanted to hurt 'em and steal um and fancify them with scarves and all that rot. He thought that the Cobbolds needed to Attack the Elvses as soon as possible. Or else bad things could happen.

But, well, they needed more goa... cobbolds to get that done. This attack on the farm had really culled the herd from the weakest, but numbers got a quantity of their own as his grandpappy always used to say! Bluco got out his goat-pokin' stick and went over to the prisoners to drive them like a herd of goats into the newly completed railroad. They would be a nice infusion of new jean-eh-tic materials into the herd once they got all shifty-fied.

Shifting Room/Transport Prisoners to Holm (Memory, Goat stick, armor, satiation): 1d100+10+5+5+6 59
Wasn't sure if the railroad lets us use the Shifting Room from the Farm or not as the descriptions are mismatched. Prefer just shifting them, but ok with just moving the prisoners to H'olm Boba if that's the call.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Cobb
HP: 5/5 -> 2/5 -> 3/5
Equipment: Leather Armour (+5 to combat strategm rolls), Hyper Leaf (1 use, +75 for 1 turn, -50 for 2 turns after), Shooty Thing (Use upon death to avoid death/lethal damage), Knight's Sword (+1)
Satiation: 20 -> 22

Cobb followed wordlessly behind Yeetus, letting him speak for both of them. He followed his brother-in-rails by eating a heal berry and reporting to the hospital.

Healing!: 1d100+22+5 61

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
This update is off-time, kind of short, and has no art. I'm not burning out, but if I don't write through my writing blocks, they overtake me. Please enjoy this skeleton of a post (what I normally write before expounding it to 2000+ words). It's the best I got, and I don't want to lose more people to not writing.

Bluco accompanied the left over humans from their jailbreak to their new quarters. The soldiers walked one by one with their heads held high, pride on their face from there success, but soon even the bravest soldier was wailing in despair as their fragile bodies bloated like feasting maggots. The strongest of them burst from their fleshy prions, rebuilt anew, and the weakest popped like a cyst, spraying blood and gore on the walls of the dark red room.

Shifting Room: 40d100 15 < 40, 25 < 100

15 More Cobbolds Gained

94d100 Workforce

Bolderdash and the left over cobbolds farmed the fields. Now that they knew to look for the fallow bugs they were able to clear out a piece of land for growth. They planted satiation like seeds, and pressed the grain into them. It was only a matter of days before the wheat started to grow far and fast. The field grew faster than expected! And the crops were bountiful. (Overwhelming Success, -1 from growth time of fields.)

Compress / farm the fields (again): 1d100+13(satiation)+10(memory) 39 (Bolderdash) + Faceless Helping with fields: 30d100 1520 vs Farm the Fields (Difficulty): 10d100 562

Yip went on another scouting expedition, the faceless he brought with him were mostly a distraction, as Yip easily travelled across tree tops with his magic suit, it’s long elongated claws perfect for gripping trees as he wriggled around like a caterpillar. As he crawled through the treetops, he came upon a shack of sorts, that had been sung from the tree, the branches growing, woven into floor and walls, looking for all intents and purposes like a part of the tree to the cobbolds. But not to the clever Yip who approached silently. He found that the elves had created a scouting outpost, that could tip off the elves of the cobbold’s approach.
Seeing that the forest was more guarded than expected, Yip retreated, and the faceless he brought with him scurried back to H’olm.

Hiding to scout the Elvis: 1d100+10+2+1+5+15+15 = 87 (Yip) + Scouting the Elves: 9d100 465 vs Scouting the Elves Difficulty: 10d100 424

The cobbold party got ready for war, but before they left, Mother Magdalene had a few suggestions and questions.
1st.) The construction of H’olm and it’s new satellite town has gotten unwieldy, would someone like to nominate themselves as a Task Master who is in charge of the upkeep of H’olm. Mother Magdalene volunteers for the job, if no-one else wants it. For those who want to be in charge of downtime buildings and things. This will let me know if I should cut the building part, or narrow it down to someone who works with me and gets these out faster because I only have to wait for one post. Post 1.Name If you’re interested in the job, or are ok with someone else doing it. No vote is a vote for Magdalene to do it. Magdalene will not do it if there is at least 1 cobbold who wants the job.

2nd.) The Taxman is coming, and the crops needed to be worked before he arrived, so that they could attempt to trade Grain for access to the town. Did the Cobbolds want to do that? If so, vote 2.N If no OR 1.# where # is the amount of cobbolds left behind.

3rd.) The demons would not be able to assist in the siege on the Elven city, as their range does not cover this area. Would you like to perform a ritual to boost their range? (0 difficulty 50 satiation.)
Healing

Cobb 61 vs 93 Failure
Yeetus 81 vs 19 Success

The forest was still as the cobbolds war party marched towards the Elven city. Yip the ever silent, the clever, was leading the way, making sure to avoid Elven Traps, and Elven Scouts that were scattered through-out the forest. Some of the faceless looked nervous. The forest was not a hospitable place for a Cobbold, many beasts laid in the deepest thickest parts of the wood that would love nothing more than to dine on cobbold flesh. When they reached the furthest edge, where the conifer trees turned to kapok, when tiny leaves and needles on the forest floor were replaced with giant fronds, and splatterings of mud, they knew they had arrived. It was time for a plan.

A.) Kill all the scouts before moving to the forest [Difficulty 50d100]
B.) Sneak Past the scouts Difficulty 60D100
C.) Write-in if you have a better plan.

Cobbolds 79d100 (Assigned by GM)
[ ]Orc Power 15d100 (Can repeatedly be used) 25hp (Needs 1 vote to use, Majority Rules)

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

HP: 5/5
Memory: Audacity (using), First hunt with Father (ready)
Satiation: 1 >2

Carrick abstained from the questions of Mother Magdalene as to the governance of their realm for the time being, content to let majority rule. As always, the call of the knife-edge drew himon, and he advocated for B: Sneak past the scouts as the audacious course of action.

Sneaky: 1d100+32 42

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Cobbold #39 posted:

-Note: Truncating contents somewhat to save on space. The Quoteblob will be contained.
Face: A2

HP:[03+02/05]+[05/05]=10/010
Satiation:18+1(posting)=19
Bile:14+1=15
Memories--:
-Furious Trance [Charging!][Ready to go!] [Being used this turn!]
-My First Crop [Charging!][Ready to go!] [Being used this turn!]

Loot:
(Unloaded? Hungry. Demands to be used.)

Special:
-Stars Swarming Heaven: [1] Free reroll, declare usage up front.
-Devil's Luck: [1] Free(?) 1d8, some strings attached.
-[+05] To Hospital Actions.
-[+10] To Workshop, but nothing there needs rolled for. Yet.
-Neat!: #39 isn't entirely sure what happened, but they seem to have a familiar now? :shrug:

#39 looked up from the ground, head still sore from.. last night? Nights?
#39 wasn't quite sure what happened, but the faded stains of berry juice and scarred over injuries suggested they had been out for a while.
-----
#39 shuffles to the meeting room.
[01]:"I'll put my name in the ring for taskmaster."
"Would prefer a different cobbold took on the job with me as part of an advisory council suggesting new buildings to consider, but if nobody else feels strongly about being taskmaster I'll do it."
[02]: "I have no strong feelings in regards to paying the taxman. Lingering bitterness says the taxman should suffer, but that's some farmers memories talking."
[03]: "Assistance from our demonic allies isn't to be underestimated. I'll put down 10 satiation towards boosting their range."

B: "As much as the doomslayer calls on me to go forth with the wrath of some forgotten god of violence, ensuring my name is forever inscribed in the elvish language as 'Great Destroyer', I seem to have slept through looting and couldn't put up nearly as much of a fight. Sneaking it is."

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Memory: Got Goat Medicine From the Witch In The Woods (Cooldown), Fletcher Job (Available)
HP: 4/5 > 5/5 (heal berry)
Satiation: 6 > 7
Notes:

Bluco was no sneaker. He was a farmer. He slept, got up, herded goats and went to bed. No need to hide things from the world when you were an honest Cobbold! Not like goats were all that stealthy, either. Blasted things were always bleating and jumping on things and eating/destroying everything around them. Gods, Bluco loved goats.

Luckily, though Bluco had the memory stolen from some sneaky jerk of a guard. If the others wanted to sneak around then Bluco would sneak around. He was no natural, but with the human's memory to guide him, he shouldn't be too terrible at it, at least.

Sneaky, Memory, Goat Stick, Satiation: 1d100+10+5+7 34

Who knew that branches cracked so loudly when you stepped on them constantly?

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

HP: 3/5
Satiation: 3->4

At first everyone thought Yip was missing, but he had just gone scouting ahead of everybody else. Oh, Yip! You should really learn to communicate better.

When We Robbed the Elves we Avoided Their Patrols I Guess: 1d100+15+5+1+4 77

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

HP: 2/5 Satiation: 20>21 Bile: 0 Memory: Finding, My First Hunt Alone (using), The Bet I Won, And How He Didn’t Pay

The scouts knew this place, but Whistler knew scouts. She sank into her Memories with a soft smile and imagined the carnage to come.

> 1) No - Whistler wasn't much of a leader.
> 2) No - Whistler wasn't much of a farmer, either.
> 3) No - Whistler was a big fan of the demons and their ilk, but couldn't spare the Satiation!
> 4) B.) Sneak Past the scouts Difficulty 60D100: 1d100+21+1+10 124

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 26, 2020

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bolderdash
HP: 1/5 -> 5/5 (use potion)
Memory: Compressing (Used), When the Taxman broke my child's legs ()
Satiation: 4 -> 5 (+1 post)

Bolderdash sauntered through the woods. Sneaking? What's that? Could it be eaten compressed? No? Bah.

He sated himself with this nice drink instead, stomping (and compressing the ground) angrily as he went along with the other cobbolds, irritable he couldn't be back at the Farm to greet the Taxman.

Vote 1: No (much too busy crafting the corset)
Vote 2: No (the Taxman could go take a hike on broken legs)
Vote 3: No (crafting the corset required a lot of satiation)

Sneak: 1d100+4(satiation) 13 18 forgot leather armor
+Chug healing potion.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Cobb
Satiation: 22 -> 23

There hadn't been enough time to get to the medics before the order was sounded to march upon the elves. Cobb used his excellent shoe-knowledge to silently step past the patrols.

Sneaking: 1d100+23+10+5 130

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The cobbolds climbed high up into the trees, higher and higher they pulled themselves into the leafy canopy, even higher than the platforms of the elves. Their senses were razor sharp, and they could smell magic on the wind. There was a breeze and the smell of brine, fish and the ocean, something the cobbolds had never seen or smelled before filled their nostrils and threatened to overwhelm them. The forest was so dense, the cobbolds lost all sense of time. It must be past the moon’s high point. Could it be morning already? Was dusk tickling the top leaves of the dense jungle they found themselves in.

The trees were damp as they climbed, and each one smelled like salt water and fish. Though it did not smell like the fish from the river, where the cobbolds grazed, nor did it smell like the fish they found in The Farm, in the food stores for the tiny village. The Orcs armor scraped against the bark as they tried to follow, their wargs claws digging into the bark with loud crunches and scrapes as they scrabbled up the tree.

Sneaking Past the Elves: 72d100+383 4001 vs Difficulty Sneaking: 60d100 2777

“Have you ever seen an elf?” Leif asked Yip, “I think no- wait what was that?” The trees started to leak, thick black ichor oozed. It poured out of the trees, and out of the bottom of the platforms. The elves looked up to the sky, and floated gently. Ley lines on their bodies (much like the cobbold’s own ley lines,) glowed brightly. Their legs elongated and they forced together forming a thick tail. And still water oozed from the trees.

Water gently leaked out of the top of the trees, and pushed it’s way downward towards the forest floor. Deeper down, near the forest floor, the water pressure was much greater, and soon the entire forest floor was covered in thick black water. The water line quickly rose as so much water was pushed out of the trees, it soon seemed like the elves were going to drown the whole forest.

In the dim light of the forest it looked pitch black, and yet the bottom of the platforms, and the trees glowed a luminescent blue. Something in the water glowed. Elves slithered over the platforms and grabbed spears. Without hesitation they jumped into the water, meeting it as it rised to the platforms, their splashes were almost silent as they dove deep. A few minutes later small corpses of animals, like owls, squirrels, and even larger creatures, such as boar and bear started to float to the top of the brackish water. Waterlogged and drowned, they looked peaceful, almost like they were sleeping.

The elves with huge nets on hooks threw them into the water. Magically, they wrapped themselves around the bodies of the drowned creatures.

The cobbolds and orcs were nonplussed, and could only watch as the elves started to throw fishing nets out into the water. They collected fish, tiny motes of light, and squid, the blew light covered everything, and the magic of the water seemed to nourish them. Elves slid over with barrels, and started to fill them with food.

The water quickly reached the very bottom of the lowest platforms, splashing gently against the wooden slats of it. Though now the cobbolds saw the platforms for what they really were. Fishing piers, used to travel goods from inside and outside the water. Leif nudged Carrick, “Will you look at that.” The barrier that the Cobbolds had slipped passed was a wall, thick black water flowed towards it, and they could see the undulation of the waves, like water in a shaken bottle, it flowed back and forth, never spilling even a drop, all contained in the boundaries of the elven home. Thick bubbles came sprouting up from the mountain side.

As the water level rise, the flow of water from the tops of the trees started to quicken, and soon the cobbolds found themselves unable to grasp anything at all as they were quickly swept up in the current a raging waterfall started to flow from the canopy. The maze of platforms and bridges became a swirl, as they plummeted into the water. They could only hold on the best they could.

The cobbolds were higher up then most, and saw the tree branch coming due to their excellent scouting, they were able to decide on their own which way they wanted to go.

Read the whole post, then come back and vote on this:

1.) I go with the Orcs, towards the center of town (38d100 Cobbolds + 15d100 Orcs)
2.) I go with the smaller pack of Cobbolds, being surrounded by elves (41d100 Cobbolds)

1.) How many were seperated: 1d79 38 The pack of cobbolds got separated as a large branch, nearly as thick as a 50 year old tree swept up between them. The orcs did their best, and held onto their wargs, and as many cobbolds as they could carry. They were tossed and turned, and found themselves gasping for air on a platform. They quickly tried to get a bearing for their surroundings. They looked around, and saw what they assumed to be the leaders of the elves. She was sitting strong and powerful as people worked around her. Her throne was made of fresh green wood, and sea sponge, and she was playing a lyre. The orcs could rush her, though she seemed well guarded by a full guard, in bright shining armor, they wielded no weapons, but their skin glowed bright with leylines, and their hands glowed blue with the same magic from the lake beneath them.

[53d100 Workforce]

1A.) Beg for mercy [10d100]
1B.) Charge them screaming 60d100
1C.) It’s time for the tantalizing art of Orcish Seduction ??d100
1D.) These plans are dumb, what the hell happened? Here’s what we should do… (Write-in)

2.) The other group of cobbolds found themselves in front of a great library, and the hissing of elves created a god awful din that almost caused them pain. They were surrounded, and their was no escape in sight, The cobbolds only had a few options to them, as the elves slithered to worm their way around them. The cobbolds quickly took in their surroundings, there was a library, which could be filled with scrolls of magic and wonder. They could see a part of the tree, where elves were rushing too, and coming out clad in steel wielding wicked curved tools of fishing. They were quickly being surrounded, and it looked like escape was an ever vanishing window.

[41d100 Workforce]

2A.) Rush the Library
2B.) Rush the Armory
2C.) Hold your ground
2D.) Seriously, I have a wway better idea lets… (Write in)

Ok, so not having a deadline kills my productivity. SO. Have all posts in by Friday 6am PST GMT -08:00 So I can write something Over the weekend.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 2, 2020

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Memory: Got Goat Medicine From the Witch In The Woods (Available), Fletcher Job (Using)
Satiation: 7 > 8

2, Bluco got washed up with the smaller group of faceless Cobbolds all around him. As a good goatherd, he tried to protect his flock from the oncoming floods. As most of the cobbolds were saved by the Orcs, Bluco had to do what he could to save the rest himself. He used his Goat Stick as a brace against a tree branch and formed a bridge made of cobbolds, each grabbing onto a new cobbold as they rushed past. Once the flood subsided, the waterlogged group made it onto the branch proper only to be surrounded.

D. Those buildings were useless to the cobbolds now. The weapons already taken out of the armory and the library only useful to the demons in the long-term. No, right now, they needed to turn the tide back upon the enemy. Instead of being surrounded, the cobbold needed to surprise them back and ambush them! He knocked some faceless heads to get their attention and pointed at a branch below them within jumping distance; the "encouragement" the faceless needed to jump was brought out thanks to Bluco's new memories of... encouraging payments. This new memory was the goat's knees indeed.

The elves there were unprepared to be set upon from above and were in smaller numbers. Escape first, slay second, catch up with the orc's group third.

2D- Ambush another branch from above (memory, armor, stick, satiation): 1d100+10+5+5+7 122

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Cobbold #39 posted:

Face: A2

HP:[05/05]+[05/05]=10/010
Satiation:9+1(posting)+10 (failed to get enough satiation to boost demons refund)=20
Bile:15+1=16
Memories--:

Loot:
(Unloaded? Hungry. Demands to be used.)

Special:
-Devil's Luck: [1] Free(?) 1d8, some strings attached.
-Neat!: #39 isn't entirely sure what happened, but they seem to have a familiar now? :shrug:

#39 stared at the elf. Elves.
There was something off about this place.
The leylines were c̴̡̣̈́̅̀́͒̓̾͠l̴̖̤̩̭̲͓̤̰̗̦͚̜̀̓̆̒́͊́̓̈͜͝e̶̺͍̜̥̜͍̱̓̅͐̌̆͠a̷̫̥̹̬̳̞̦͈̜͔̘͐̀͜͜͝͠ņ̴̢̹̱̘̙͓̗̱̘̐͊̽̏͑́͋̌̚ and p̶̰̲͓͆̃͊̀̈́̀̓̽̍̈́̚͝u̸̠̳͍̲͙̩͙̗͇̅̔͐̓̄͑̍̈́̚̚͘r̵̡̛͚̞̺̜̬̳͚̦͉̈́͌̆̉̽͘͝é̷̯̺͇͈̬̗̮̲̗͈̬̩͐́̈́̕.

Absolutely disgusting.

#39 should do something about that.

------
#39- didn't have time to explain.

Thus, they acted first.

The remainder would Forgive, one day, if they all lived.

If they didn't? Well, it wouldn't matter then, would it.
-----
"Two words come to mind, elf."

"Mea culpa."

:blastu:

Cry Havoc posted:

Stars Swarming Heaven being used!
-Free Reroll
Devil's Luck being used!
-[+1d8]

#39 loads + uses the doomslayer!
-[-3HP, -1Satiation, +100 to roll]

+01 from pitchfork. pointy.
+01 from Knights sword. extra pointy.

+017 satiation bonus!

Total: 1d100+319+1d8

1D#39 goes absolutely nuclear unleashes the doomslayer on the environment; aiming to strike at the elves by violating/corrupting/despoiling the laylines! [Furious Trance]: 1d100+319+1d8 393

Edit: Under scrutiny, the roll... Did not include [Furious Trance]'s +10.
After explicitly declaring it would be used in the roll description.
Actual roll is thus 403.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 7, 2020

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Cobb
Satiation: 23 -> 24

2. Cobb saw Bluco make an almost-impossible jump down to a lower branch. Escape from this ambush would be tough, but doable. He followed his fellow Cobbold, hoping his shoes' nice cushion soles would protect him (and if not that, his Leather Armor).

Following Bluco: 1d100+24+5+1 100

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Satiation: 4->5

1: 2
2: D - Attack the Leylines

Yip was scouting. Yip was falling. Yip had no idea what was going on. Suddenly, Cobbolds started yelling, so Yip did whatever the biggest, meanest one was doing, because that seemed prudent at the time.

No Memory For Magic Violence So I'll Just Wing It: 1d100+15+15+5+1 114

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

HP: 2/5 Satiation: 21>22 Bile: 1 Memory: Finding, [using]My First Hunt Alone[using], The Bet I Won, And How He Didn’t Pay

Not an ideal situation. Whistler hated being wet. Following the others, she made a leap for the branch. She had flashes of climbing through branches in another life, and she burned them like fuel to make her way... but in the memory she wasn't laden down by water, and armor, and a blade. She tried her best, gritting her teeth behind a scarf tied tight.

2D- Ambush another branch from above [Plan Bluco!]: 1d100+22+10+5+1 82

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Some art to tide (GET IT????) you guys over until the next updoot.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 6, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Health: 4/5 HP
Memory: Blind Luck (using), My First Hunt with my Father (ready), Banditry on the Plains (ready), Raids on the Glass Desert (ready)
Items: Warding Eye (Powered by Warding Demon: two-way, long-distance looking, speaking, and listening), Stabby Thing (+5), Shooty Thing (Defy Death, Loaded, 5 Satiation + ACT to reload), Leather Armor (Lvl 2, +5)
Satiation: 9 -> 10

Blek snapped to cognizance just in time to dodge a wicked lunge from an elf's horrid trident. She hissed and lashed out with the vicious weapon in her clutches.

2D - Being at the right place and the right time to help with Plan Bluco: 1d100+10+10+10 54

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bolderdash
Memory: Compressing (), When the Taxman broke my child's legs (Using)
Satiation: 5 -> 6 (+1 post)

When #39 started firing with the intent to spoil leylines, Bolderdash moved up to these fish-butted elves and grabbed at their le(y)glines directly in order to help. Breaking them off where he could.

He knew well this was possible to do to such thin, stick-like things.

1D (Plan #39) Break some leglines: 1d100+10(satiation) 61 71 forgot memory bonus

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Memory: Audacity (recharging), First hunt with Father (using)
Satiation: 2 > 3

2D Plan Bluco

Carrick took one look at the branch, shrugged, and dived over the edge with his colleagues.

Hunting the elves below in plan Bluco: 1d100+33 43

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
1: Attacking ley lines:

#39 fired his weapon, and a great thick grappling chain fired out and lodged in the tree. He quickly opened his veins and fed his life-blood into the weapon, and it licked at his wounds greedily, the blood flowing in tiny rivulets through the air into the wood surface, where it swelled like a maggot, bloated, and hungry. Tiny mouths opened all over the weapon, and it drank greedily, as hundreds of tongues wrapped themselves around #39’s arm. It fired black shots of Ichor, and the tree’s bark buckled. An elf tried to stop him, and he whirled around with his free arm, and punched through the creature's chest, ripping out the poor thing's heart. Then he got a strange urge… Something… Inhuman, it pressed into his mind, and before he realized what he was doing he started to eat the heart, and the great mouths started chattering, speaking in hundreds of different tongues, a noisy orchestra of madness and pain that fueled #39 even more. He fired into the tree again, and bark exploded, revealing a deep white pure line of magic.

The Orcs knew immediately what to do, Liv ran forward, and tossed her axes into two elves, while Leif and P’ark ran forward, their mighty two handed axes carving big meaty chunks out of the elves. One of the elves managed to get through and pierce him in the side, his tunic, and the chainmail under it, splitting like cloth beneath the trident. Liv screamed and jumped on the creature, two axes out repeatedly hacking into her. Leif stood up quickly, blood running down his side and spun with his axe out, the momentum carrying him forward, the Elves backed up unsure, and Arne took his chance, with his giant cutlass, he leaped onto Leif’s shoulders, and then used it as a platform to jump over the elves.

Arne effortlessly bashed away the elves tridents, and gracefully carved their mistakes into their flesh. Frode held his hands up and between them a bright blue electricity burned, it quaked and shook over his body, arcing between his armor and his hands, glowing angrily, he pushed forward with all of his might, and lightning shot out. The elf it hit started to char, it’s skin smelling liked cooked fish, and the cobbolds started to salivate.

Yip looked around confused. Orcs were fighting elves. But #39 he was not fighting elves. He was fighting tree. Is tree a bigger enemy then elves? He looked up, and saw vines reach out and grab his friends on the upper platform. Tree was bad then. Bad tree. Yip used his armor to clamber up the tree, and started to rip into the Leyline with his hands. It was thick and smooth, as if the tree had entrails, and they were spilling them out. He pulled on it hard, and with a satisfying pop, it broke free, and bright fluid started to spray. He threw the Leyline down to #39 who attached the mouth of it to his gun. He fired his weapon, and the ley line filled with darkness. The thousands of hungry mouths fled from #39’s arm, and poured into the tree. Blasting it open.

Bolderdash reached out and grabbed the thick line on an elves body, and with his touch the leylines on his own body glowed and like when the very tip of a piece paper is dipped in water, his spread in theirs. The mere touch of his leylines to the elves own corrupted it. The tree #39 was working on started to wither and die, the Elves look scared, and tried to flee into the water, but the black ichor from the tree had leaked into the brackish deep, and the water boiled and bubbled angrily around their body, rejecting them. They screamed as boils showed up on their body, horrific pussy nodules popped and reformed, just to fill up and pop again, until there was nothing left, but puss and chunks.

The elves fleed beneath the Orcs onslaught, when something rumbled in the water, like a giant wave, as though something deep beneath the water was surfacing, they saw it. A giant creature, almost as tall as the trees themselves started to stand up, and it dwarfed the very canopy they were standing on, it had two deep bright lights, that cut through the dark. One light, had run to the very top of the creature, peering into a room at the top of the village. The other was focussed on the corrupting force of the Cobbolds and Orcs who had effortlessly dispatched many of the elves themselves.

#39 took a moment and looked at his gun, then at the layline, then at the giant sea creature. It only took him a moment to think, and he turned his weapon on the great titan. The grappling hook fired out and connected with the bright light that was staring at them. Then it quickly pulled #39 towards it. The mouths were gibbering even faster, and with a greater intensity as he flew towards the creature. He hit the thing with a wet splat, and reached his hand with the gun deep into the waters and fired.

A deep guttural scream was heard, and the thing grabbed at #39 and threw him hard at the platform. P’ark jumped quickly grabbing a low hanging vine and tried to grab him. He missed and fired himself off into the water.

Yip who had been crawling ontop of the tree reached out with his sharp talons, and painfully grabbed onto #39 his claws gently slicing into his skin, drawing just a little bit more blood for the gun to use.

#39 Bolderdash Yip 588+53d100
Attacking Leylines: 588+53d100 3321 vs Leylines (Difficulty): 60d100 2657

2: Ambushing up ahead:

The elves were closing in fast, soon there was little space for them to run too. The cobbolds were quick witted, and fleet of foot. Bluco led the charge up the tree, as they climbed higher and higher among the branches, to the upper platform. The elves hissed angrily, and scaled the trees just as effortlessly. It was a pitch raced to the top. The trees were slick with water, and there was a slight glow to everything. It was ethereal and beautiful. The lights bounced and swayed as the cobbolds climbed, alighting themselves on the diminutive creatures bodies. Tiny blue motes of light decorating them, where they touched the cobbolds, their ley lines glowed bright.

When they reached the upper platforms, they saw two elves who had not transformed, they were guarding a tiny room. They lift up their arms to defend themselves, but they had no weapons, and were quickly silenced. Whistler quickly cut through one, while Bluco and Cobb pulled apart on the other. Blek was late to climb up the tree, she quickly lashed out with her store, and hewn the elf in two, then scampered up the tree with the rest of the horde. 5 elves quickly gathered themselves together, and started to warp the tree, vines reached out like vipers, and struck at the cobbolds, pulling them up into the trees by their neck. Bleck just coming up the rampart, reached out for something to pull herself up. Her claws connected with something soft and scaly, just as she pulled herself up, the “rope” that she had grabbed fell backwards. The vines softened again, and dropped the cobbolds as the elf screamed. She fell and landed on the platform below with a sickening crunch, blood pooling out of her battered form, dripping into the ethereal sea that combined them. Carrick spun like a whirling dervish, and pushed another Elf who had been surprised by Blek’s sudden appearance on the platform's edge. His Bear claw easily rended flesh, and he lashed out at the creatures.

The other Elf was weaving magic, spinning his trident this way and that, the tree itself writhed and moved with his gesticulations. The tree lashed out at the cobbolds, and they retreated inside the building they were fighting under. There was a scream of horror, and the Elves who had crawled to the top where the crew was, stopped and shrieked.

Inside the building, were a number of floating lights, they illuminated the room even in the pure dark. The room was humid, and the lights were pointed at piles of green ivy, inside of each was a small leathery sac. The elves were howling, but did not enter the room. They had blood lust in their eyes. Thick oozing gel fell from the ceiling, and outside they heard a horrifying scream, and a bright light illuminated everything in the room. The elves standing at the door way, shining great shadows that engulfed the cobbolds.

Carrick Blek Whistler Cobb Bluco 402+41d100
Ambush (Faceless): 41d100+402 2664 vs Ambush Difficulty: 50d100 2422

Group 1: (53d100)
A.) Climb up the tree, try to avoid the sea titan’s blows, and try to reconnect with Group 2 at the Elven Nursery 60d100 (Wounds 5, Faceless Lethal 10)
B.) Push further into the encampment, where the trees are thicker, and the creature might not be able to follow 55d100 (Wounds 5, Faceless Lethal 15)
C.) Jump into the water, and try to climb inside the great beast 60d100 (Wounds 11, Faceless Lethal 10, Orc Lethal 3)
D.) I have a better plan…

Group 2: (41d100)
A.) Crush an egg to show you mean business, and try to threaten your way out of this mess 50d100 (Wounds 10, Faceless Lethal 10)
B.) Something wrong about that gel pouring from the ceiling, set fire to it 45d100 (Wounds 3, Faceless Lethal 20)
C.) Climb down the tree and try to avoid the sea titan’s blows, and try to reconnect with Group 1 at the bottom, where the orcs are. 60d100 (Wounds 5, Faceless Lethal 10)
D.) Whoof, uh there's a much better way to do this, why don't we...

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 10, 2020

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Memory: Audacity (using), First hunt with Father (recharging)
Satiation: 3 > 4

Carrick looked at the ooze, the looming elves, and the leathery eggs all around. Eggs that were precious to the elves...

They needed to take the wind out of their opposition's sails, here where they had their full and fearful attention. A demonstration of the unique power of the Cobbolds. Crushing an egg would merely anger and inspire them. Now, to shock them, to awe them? Make something obviously beneficial faster than they can think. An improved incubator for these delicate eggs, to switch them from fear and anger to confusion and puzzlement. What could be more audacious than that?

D: Audacity to Cobboldcraft an improved incubator to shock and awe the elves: 1d100+34 95

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Cobb
Satiation: 24 -> 25

Cobb nodded in agreement at Carrick's suggestion, and began gathering the necessary materials. Incubators were kinda like shoes, right?

Helping Carrick with his plan, using Cobbling: 1d100+25+10+1 134 Dunno if this counts as a Combat Strategem, +5 if so.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Cobbold #39 posted:

HP:[01/05]+[00/05]=01/010
Satiation:17+01=18
Bile:16+1=17
Memories--:

Loot:

Special:
--Might actually be a good luck charm? Seriously, every time #39 tries to use it the reroll doesn't need to be used as is refunded. Weirdest thing.
-Doomslayer Famine: The Doomslayer is running on fumes. Try tapping it further without healing, won't even be able to fire it off before dropping.

#39 was tapped out.
The gun took and took and took, but it still wanted more.
Slowly, sensing the hosts weakness, the strings relent.
-----
#39 stared at some nearby viscerae.
Was that theirs?
Oh, no. Some other, less fortunate soul.
What the nonspecified devil did #39 do, why were they covered in tiny bite marks, dizzy, and now staring at something very large and angry in a pool of muck?
#39 mutters about demon magic, dusting themselves off as they stand.
"I've vaguely an idea what happened the past few minutes, and a considerably less vague sense that I can't do that again."

"What we can do is meet up with the others; I need a minute to work satiation into something that can take that beast down."
"The corrupted waters were corrupted with demonic essence. Demonic essence spreads onto and or merges with satiation and satiation-products."
"Make satiation nails, fire them into the monster, let the demonic water do the rest."
"I would use the doomslayer, but in my current state someone else would have to fire it once the nail was ready."

"Luckily, I think regular shooty-things will be enough."
"Now, let's get moving; no time to waste!"

Scale that tree! posted:

+18 [Satiation]
+01 [Sword]
+01 [Pitchfork]
+05 [Doomslayer] [The bayonet isn't just for looks]
+10 [My First Crop] [Truthfully, the farmer had only seen elven crops after they were harvested. But they heard stories, which plants were safe to handle, which to avoid, which to never even get near...]
+Free Reroll. May as well keep using the good luck charm :v:

[D]Scale the tree with a satiation ladder! [My First Crop]: 1d100+35 56

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 12, 2020

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Satiation: 5->6

Oh THAT was why the Elvises were mean, they had bad eggs! Yip knew how to fix things, as all cobbolds did. And how to make them better. Making better eggs shouldn't be too hard. After all, wasn't that what farming was all about? Now, what was it that Cleric did..

Putting All The Eggs In One Basket except the Basket is the Basketron 2000: 1d100+15+5+5+1+10 = 111

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Health: 4/5 HP
Memory: Blind Luck (cooling), My First Hunt with my Father (ready), Banditry on the Plains (using), Raids on the Glass Desert (ready)
Satiation: 10 -> 11

Blek remembered her banditry lessons from her time hunting them on the plains as a human: you had to think fast to get the score, whether that score was a thief, a bandit, or those things which thieves and bandits seek: treasure.

While all the other Cobbolds in the elves' egg room got to work making a protective incubator for the elf eggs, Blek snuck up to one of the egg pedestals and quickly planted the Warding Eye Demon underneath where the strange leathery baby elf pod sat. Instinctively, Blek the cobbold began tracing small demonic runes to assist in a demonic soul transfer.

"This you new bod." Blek whispered to the pocket-size demon. "Very strong!"

D) Egg Banditry for Warding Eye Demon's new body: 1d100+10+10+10 104

If anyone asked her, Blek would say that she was assisting in running the incubator's leylines, even doing some to prove her helpfulness if necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Memory: Got Goat Medicine From the Witch In The Woods (Using), Fletcher Job (CD)
Satiation: 8 > 9

Taking care of eggs wasn't really what a goat herder did. But he was familiar enough with other farm things like goose and duck and butterfly and sparrow. So he knew how to incubate an egg even though he didn't really enjoy doing it. As such, he went over to help Carrick out with his incubator once Bluco realized what he was doing. Nothing else to do for now. Cookin' an elfy egg shouldn't be much different than a platterpus egg, could it?

Incubate Egg Plan (Goat stick +5, Satiation 8, Memory 10): 1d100+5+8+10 121