Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whos worse
george bush jr
trump
obama
View Results

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

war criminal. War criminal. War criminal. war criminal. War criminal. War criminal, war criminal. war criminal. war criminal. war criminal. war criminal. war criminal. war criminal. war criminal. war criminal. war criminal. war criminal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

lol at trying to pin all the corona deaths on Trump. You think we get a national lockdown and massive government assistance under President Hillary Clinton, or [insert corporate-owned Democrat here]? Everyone wears masks and stays home in peace and harmony and we come together as a country to defeat the pandemic? lol nope.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Voted Bush, even if he would probably have handled corona better than either Trump or Obama.

Dustcat posted:

i'm clearly swimming against the current here, but i'm gonna say that the president who doesn't give a single poo poo about the country and only cares about enriching himself and gaining unearned adulation is the worse president, even if he hasn't killed as many people as of yet

the president who is incapable of even understanding domestic or foreign policy is the worse president

the president who is deliberately and openly destroying what's left of american democratic institutions is the worse president

the president who takes foreign orders is the worse president
All presidents take foreign orders, the only difference is who they're listening to. At least Trump hasn't been dragged into a war with Iran, which if we're gonna be talking hypothetical "Other presidents would've handled corona better" absolutely needs to be taken into account. An occupation of Iran + corona might have resulted in the selection pressures that turned the Spanish Flu into the killer it ended up becoming, which translated into modern numbers would be the equivalent of all of South America dying if you go with the higher estimates.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Gonna be dumb:

Al gore would have gotten us into Iraq.

McCain wouldn't have gotten us into Iraq.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Al gore would have gotten us into Iraq.
i disagree if only because Bush did 9/11. never forget that he and he alone did 9/11 bc he wanted to make daddy bush proud

gore would have succed in other ways but nowhere near 'iraq war' bad

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos

Dustcat posted:

i'm clearly swimming against the current here, but i'm gonna say that the president who doesn't give a single poo poo about the country and only cares about enriching himself and gaining unearned adulation is the worse president, even if he hasn't killed as many people as of yet

the president who is incapable of even understanding domestic or foreign policy is the worse president

the president who is deliberately and openly destroying what's left of american democratic institutions is the worse president

Uhh this kinda reads like an admission that Trump's twitter is more important than literally millions of human lives. He barely does anything different from all the other presidents, he's just too stupid to fool anyone otherwise.

Also the idea that Hillary Clinton would have done any better with covid than Trump is very funny to me. She's even more widely hated than he is, and if she told everyone to follow the CDC's advice people would have done the opposite to spite her.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

gently caress gwb should be in prison

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

Uhh this kinda reads like an admission that Trump's twitter is more important than literally millions of human lives. He barely does anything different from all the other presidents, he's just too stupid to fool anyone otherwise.

that's the problem with asking "who is the worse president" without specifying the criteria by which you want to judge them. i chose to read it as "who is worse at doing the job of being president" where trump clearly takes the cake

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

Also the idea that Hillary Clinton would have done any better with covid than Trump is very funny to me. She's even more widely hated than he is, and if she told everyone to follow the CDC's advice people would have done the opposite to spite her.

hillary wouldn't have called it the republicans' latest hoax, nor would she have defunded the pandemic team, nor would she have put jared kushner in charge of the response, nor would she have made insane claims about miracle drugs, nor would she have fired competent people who contradicted her insane claims

like, you can say both parties are the same if you mean that both are corrupt and self serving and beholden to capital, but one being completely unhinged from reality is an important difference between them

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

A Russian troll farm posted:

war criminal. War criminal. War criminal. war criminal. War criminal. War criminal, war criminal. war criminal. war criminal. war criminal. war criminal. war criminal. war criminal. war criminal. war criminal. war criminal. war criminal

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
there is a cheeto in the white house

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Dustcat posted:

hillary wouldn't have called it the republicans' latest hoax, nor would she have defunded the pandemic team, nor would she have put jared kushner in charge of the response, nor would she have made insane claims about miracle drugs, nor would she have fired competent people who contradicted her insane claims

like, you can say both parties are the same if you mean that both are corrupt and self serving and beholden to capital, but one being completely unhinged from reality is an important difference between them
The unhinged people still affect the world when their president is not in the white house. Hell, and this was the point of that post, they might even be even more resistant to the "democrat hoax" if it's the Killary in the white house trying to tyranically prevent them from getting a haircut in Applebees. I'd frankly assume they'd have overthrown one or more democratic governors at this point.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos

Dustcat posted:

Sure, but the response to covid is entirely political and partisan. The Republicans would still be calling everyone pussies for wearing masks no matter who the president was. Both parties would be reopening as early as possible either way. Maybe that stupid guy who died of drinking fish tank cleaner would still be alive I guess but whatever.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Bush is a war criminal who got way more people killed then Trump. The fact that liberals have rehabilitated Bush because “at least he’s not bad orange man” fills me with rage.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

VideoKid posted:

Bush is a war criminal who got way more people killed then Trump. The fact that liberals have rehabilitated Bush because “at least he’s not bad orange man” fills me with rage.

bush killed people from other countries, trump's only made something that was gonna kill a bunch of americans anyway worse

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

i really liked this and thanks for posting it

Aglet56 has issued a correction as of 06:22 on Jul 1, 2020

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Dustcat posted:

I'm still not sure if you're referring to Trump or Obama.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

i say swears online posted:

a nonideological fight between two neoliberal parties? edge of my seat

(i still have a newspaper i saved from mid-november then, the ads are cute)

How dare you say importing prescription drugs from Canada is non-ideological?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Stringent posted:

I'm still not sure if you're referring to Trump or Obama.

:rolleyes:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bush, no question. For all of Trump's poo poo it's the people who surround him who are the real problem and they all learned from the Bush whitehouse that the rules don't exist.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Sorry, I didn't realize Trump was doing deals with Netflix and rigging the Democrats presidential primary.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It'S obviously Bush the Lesser but I voted Obama anyway because I loving HATE HIM.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Bush very easily.

The divisiveness of the Trump presidency on American society, though as unpleasant as it may be, has led to a disorganized executive branch that has prevented a lot of unnecessary crimes and bullshit.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Hilario Baldness posted:

The divisiveness of the Trump presidency on American society,

I keep seeing people post variations of this, but I still have no idea what it's supposed to mean.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Hilario Baldness posted:

Bush very easily.

The divisiveness of the Trump presidency on American society, though as unpleasant as it may be, has led to a disorganized executive branch that has prevented a lot of unnecessary crimes and bullshit.
an organized executive might be useful right about now though! as in late 2008 when the money tubes exploded and bush was willing to nationalize things rather hobble away, quacking, into the sunset

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020
I would say they’re tied. Both have consequences that are going to last for generations.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Dustcat posted:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Dustcat posted:

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Dustcat posted:

that's the problem with asking "who is the worse president" without specifying the criteria by which you want to judge them. i chose to read it as "who is worse at doing the job of being president" where trump clearly takes the cake

are you calling me out????

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
I can't believe people are letting the hypothetical humanity of a bunch of foreigners, who I remind you are not even American (or alive anymore, lol) blind them to the fact that there is

a

Gatt

damned

CHEETO

in the Whitehouse, hossfam.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Dustcat posted:

I haven't seen a case of brainworms this advanced

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

all 3 are insanely bad for different reasons and biden will just be the final piece of the poo poo pie

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

What foreigners does Donald Trump take orders from

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

The Pussy Boss posted:

What foreigners does Donald Trump take orders from

Gnarly O'Thep.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Stringent posted:

Don't forget NAFTA and the crime bills. There's a strong case to be made for Clinton being an even worse president than Reagan domestically.

NAFTA
crime bill
welfare reform
repeal of Glass-Steagall
started the housing bubble
permanently shifting the Democrats ideologically to "Also Republicans"
not using to the fall of the soviet union to reduce the influence of the MIC

Clinton is easily the worst president of the post war era by the metric of damage done domestically. He accomplished more Republican goals than Reagan/Bush1 in 2/3 the time. His administration was the final killing of the middle class. In fact, I can't think of a single Republican platform plank of the 80s that Clinton didn't accomplish except for overturning Roe v Wade. By the time GWB came into office there wasn't anything left on Republican wish lists.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
t'rr

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
trump has done more to hasten the end of america as an imperial state he's technically the greatest president

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

worse for me is definitely trump.

worse overall might still be bush but he had two terms to lay the hurt on civilization.

i never felt the distinct possibility that my entire family or i could die when bush was president and as much as i love foreigners my own life is gonna have to take priority in my mind, sorry if u dont like it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

BeefThief posted:

worse overall might still be bush but he had two terms to lay the hurt on civilization.

i never felt the distinct possibility that my entire family or i could die when bush was president and as much as i love foreigners my own life is gonna have to take priority in my mind, sorry if u dont like it

i don’t like it and your not sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

BeefThief posted:

so how does this work, will ppl stop getting infected when Biden wins the election in November or does it not stop until he takes office?