Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't know if I'm really satisfied with how it wrapped up. Teasing us of Perry getting the bad guy on the stand then going "lol nope that won't happen" was kinda lovely. TV shows should learn it's okay to lean into stuff that people like.

I guess there's still corruption that Mason will face, even with Burger as DA. I do hope that Alice sticks around since she would be a good love interest, and like I said before, Tatiana Maslany is always good to have.

I thought the fake out was fine. It gives Perry a chance to grow into the lawyer that can crack the real criminals on the stand and honestly would have been stretching things if he went from quasi-bum private eye to top flight lawyer over the course of 3 months or so. It also sets up a nice scene in the future when Burger is DA and Mason gets to the real perp on the stand while he’s the prosecutor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

For what it’s worth, I think the show is laying a misdirect here since we don’t actually see Pete involved in the break-in. Milligan does his whole “you don’t want Mason thinking he’s smarter than you” routine right before it happens, but they pointedly don’t show who is actually picking the lock on the door to the office - you just get the silhouette of an arm backlit against the glass. It also doesn’t make sense in my mind for him to break in if Perry told him about it drunkenly off screen at the track. You could try to play it as him wanting to confirm it’s there before they bring it up in court and take the field trip, but with all of the glimpses of the team being followed I think it’s more likely that someone employed by McCutcheon is behind it.

e: Pete also beat his fingers all to hell trying to pop the chain on the door to his apartment and they make a point of showing that as he’s talking with Milligan. Does that mean he wouldn’t be able to pick a lock or crack a safe? That may be a stretch but those two scenes are there for a reason.

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 13, 2023