Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I really like it. But i have to wonder about the church. Would a mainstream charismastic evangelical movement really allow a woman to preach in 1932 no matter how fantastically talented she was? Remember that women wearing pants was still borderline taboo at the time. I would also imagine a race mixed choir performing in a public place (outside the jail) would have been extremely scandalous at the time. Maybe that`s the point, this is not a ordinary church for good or for worse. Creepy in a lot of ways but not necessarly in the usual rigth wing way that`s become standard for modern megachurches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU