Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This is not your Daddy's Perry Mason this is Perry Mason that fucks.

Now that is out of the way I really like it, the first episode with Perry yelling at his Lawyer to object :discourse:

Like all good Noir mysteries I don't care who did it or why I just get a thrill watching Perry unravel it slash decide to stick up for this person.

Shea Whigham owns as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
And Stephen Root is always fantastic.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That's a dead body.

Told you he's an expert.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah him objecting on his lawyers behalf to irrelevant questioning was a pretty sure example of him being a lawyer.

It could even just be he was a lawyer pre war but post war was so broken he became a PI.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This was a 10/10 episode and they better make more of this because I love it.

tarlibone posted:

But more importantly... Perry Mason's legal education? Pshaw. He straight-up Kim Kardashianed his way onto the bar.

I loving love this so much.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Big Sleep was pre-world war 2 in the book right?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He's a cipher, a riddle wrapped up in an enigma smothered in secret sauce.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm so bummed it seems inevitable Shea Whigam is going to get got. He's so good he doesn't deserve less screen time!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

LadyPictureShow posted:

Stephen Root is doing an incredible job in his role, because I absolutely can't wait for Mason to connect the dots and destroy his argument. What an absolute piece of poo poo the DA is.

The best part of the character is it is clear that he knows something is up, he just doesn't care and wants to win for the publicity.

Well he does care as far as it affects his ability to do his job.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Am I the only one who thinks every day about Pete saying "quite a coinky-dink" ?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BBW_BFF/status/1290452691244716037?s=19

evenworse username posted:

I don't know how this show made me sad that Perry lost his comically awful 'farm' when it was incredibly obvious that was going to happen from ep 1 and yet they did

Yeah I know right.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait for Season 2.

Really good poo poo.

edit: Also really good that Perry only does things after Barnes does them to him, so he's not a super lawyer but picks them up from his opponent.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Aug 10, 2020

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Sean Astin and Matthew Rhys are doing great work so far this season.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also the girl from Inherent Vice surely isn't in it just for a one scene cameo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I finally caught up and I'm glad I did, it was good. I really liked how the twist was they were guilty all along (So as to speak), but they were still the victims of the system of power and corruption.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I love you too." Was insanely cute.