Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Loving this so far. I have no relation to earlier Perry Mason media, so I have no frame of reference.

Always glad to see Eli from Boardwalk Empire get some more jobs.

[edit] Goddamn that "reckon that makes YOU the N-word" line is pretty topical, huh.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jul 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The show made me feel genuine concern that i would not see Pete again, when it’s obvious that they’d never throw away Shea like that.

I swear, if Shea Whigham ever gave me the stinky eye, I’d probably get a heart attack on the spot. He has an incredible actor’s face, and I love to see him get work.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Was the eye-stitching thing ever explained? That's the only thing missing for me.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

So glad Katherine Waterston is in this.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

JethroMcB posted:

After last episode's revelation, I had two suspicions: Either one Gallardo wasn't being truthful with Perry OR his brother...or this wasn't a random stick-up gone wrong and they were hiding a whole lot more than just "Yeah, we shot the guy." Looks like I whiffed on the former but nailed the latter.

Meanwhile:

I told you! I called the most obvious plot development possible! (Though it really just got me thinking about "Person comes to my door when I'm in the middle of a bender, sees me at my lowest and accepts a proposition without hesitation." Now that is some poo poo that only happens on TV.)

I’m worried she might be a honey pot set up to tarnish Mason’s reputation “lookit this lawyer, seducing the teacher of his son! What scummy character!” sort of thing.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Love it. Really nice to see Perry do some good lawyering and sleuthing.

The very thing at the end, that was a threat of some kind I guess?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Camilla Nygaard is a *very* Swedish name (Nygård) so my ears perked up at the mention of the coin having a Swedish Royal as owner. Could be nothing, could be everything. As always with a good whodunnit.

Kind of wonder if someone actually *replaced* the weapon in the safe, to have leverage over Mason. I don't recall it looking that silvery.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 11, 2023

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ballz posted:

I was thinking that too, maybe Pete trying not to completely double cross his old friend?

The build-up to it was so long too, which made me think that the gun ended up *not* being there, so I'm guessing/hoping this is what it is.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I just kind of think this would be a hurdle too big for them to realistically overcome if it is played straight, but admittedly I’m not an expert of 1930’s California lawyering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I sure hope we'll get more and that Matthew stays on. I think the 4-month jail sentence is a good excuse for a time-gap if the writers would like one, to hand wave away the Nygaard stuff.

Also, man, Pete, you scumbag.

-That's what got you here!
-*You* got me here, Pete.