Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
This show definitely rules, highlight of my week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

NowonSA posted:

Fun to think that the D.A. on the original show knew about Mason's shady origins and helped him cheat to pass the bar, and then just kind of went with it while Mason presumably kept going head to head with him in court. Maybe they reach a kind of truce on that after Mason helps sink the current D.A.

Helping someone cheat on the bar would almost certainly lead to your own disbarment, if it were ever revealed. If anything, it sounds like the kind of leverage that would let Perry get away with court room antics, as he has massive leverage over a district attorney.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 20, 2020

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Got a theory for the case The Gallardos held up baseball-boy for his billfold and coin but were scared off by Dad's muscle, dropping their pistol. Ultimately pops has son killed and leaves the gun, setting up his patsy

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

muscles like this! posted:

So the pile of cash and the fact the brothers were doing target practice sure makes it look like they were doing a hit.

Or at least trying to intimidate him. If they had advance notice that they were gonna be knocking him off you'd think they might manage to do it a bit cleaner.

Course I've been wrong at every turn up to now so maybe not...

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

JethroMcB posted:

I'm thinking that the endgame of the season is that Perry manages to give the DA's office what they need to prosecute the big, flashy organized crime conspiracy that Sinister Dad is clearly in on (Maybe we finally get the old "Perry convinces the real criminal to incriminate themselves on the stand" bit.) The Gallardos aren't exonerated, but he convinces Burger to drop the death penalty for their cooperation and they wind up with like 30 years and the possibility of parole.

Yeah, I think it will be this minus Burger going after the upper crust. Perry will provide evidence that is used to get his clients a reduced sentence but Burger refuses to go after those actually responsible, citing the difficulty of doing so or some aspect of LA politics.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Glad this season has sped up a bit - that was a great episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
MAX sucks.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 7, 2023