Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If you've never heard the TV Perry Mason theme, you're missing out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOpxLa9PPto

I liked the second episode the best so far. I love Lithgow, but I dunno. Something is off about it. Probably because Mason isn't too likeable right now, and I'm waiting for him to get to that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I guess I was expecting a full season before he became a lawyer. Wonder how he'll still be able to investigate things.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This is a real good episode so far.

Drake is gonna change his testimony. Mason did the right thing not calling him out.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah you can see how this will be a case that makes Mason. He's going to take down the DA and expose huge corruption inside a church and the police department.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Is it possible that they did kill some random baby and that is the real one? That this was something of a stunt done by the church to get more believers on their side and make Sister Alice popular and save her standing? Or is that street baby just a random one and Emily is so far gone that she'll believe it's actually Charlie?

But either way, I can't wait for Mason to get Ennis on the stand and tear him to shreds.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maybe, but I think it's more likely that they accidentally killed Charlie and the resurrection stunt was all set up by Sister Alice's mom to make Alice seem like she can perform miracles. But it looks like Alice is tired of it all now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Perry Mason has lost cases, but I think for this one being his origin and first, he's going to win. It'll get his name out there, and he'll have exposed a corrupt PD and probably have the DA resign over it. Now Perry Mason is automatically a top defense lawyer and will get more cases.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

upgunned shitpost posted:

mother mckeegan was deep into the scheme from the jump. the flashback is meant to confirm that she is willing to exploit children when she runs out of money.

Yeah, and I think she was the one who told Alice to start the whole resurrection thing too. This last episode we can see Alice is having doubts and trying to get Emily to see that Alice can't really do all of that. She's trapped in the church by her mother.

I kinda hope Alice joins Mason next season somehow. Tatiana Maslany is always good to keep on a show.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Laterite posted:

Barnes slyly pulling up the autopsy photo in front of the jury during his objection of Mason's line of questioning was some brilliant lawyer scumbag poo poo. A+ Stephen Rooting, would watch again.

I loved Mason calling him on it.

Anytime they cut to Della smiling, you know Perry has just nailed something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't know if I'm really satisfied with how it wrapped up. Teasing us of Perry getting the bad guy on the stand then going "lol nope that won't happen" was kinda lovely. TV shows should learn it's okay to lean into stuff that people like.

I guess there's still corruption that Mason will face, even with Burger as DA. I do hope that Alice sticks around since she would be a good love interest, and like I said before, Tatiana Maslany is always good to have.