Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

False posted:

Was bored to death during the first episode, just bored during the second, will give it one more. The actors, acting, sets, etc. are amazing but the pacing and plotting are slow and generally not great. Really want to like it though.

Third is the first one I’ve really enjoyed. I thought the first and second were pretty meh (the war flashbacks in episode 2 are like the most generic loving thing ever), but 3 develops some of the characters in interesting ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“The god of peace will crush you!” is certainly a thing to say

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

NowonSA posted:

Eight million for the premiere and best series premiere numbers in about two years means this show is quite a bit more popular than I expected.

Where’d you get that number from?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mirage posted:

My main fear, if you could call it that, is that they might still swerve into some bullshit AU territory and kill off Della or something. Like "LOL this ain't your grampa's Perry Mason, it's a whole new ballgame, no plot armor here."

The new Star Trek broke me.

I agree this would be super disappointing but I don’t think there’s really any chance of it happening.

I hope her and Hazel are a bigger part of season 2, Hazel is always great. “The word means relevant.”

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
somehow, True Detective is one of the only shows where he doesn’t. he’s a preacher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The other canon character is Della’s beard who is the DA in the OG show. They set that up in the latest episode when they talk about him planning to run.