Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think this week's episode was definitely the best so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm glad it turned out Pete was just humoring Ennis in order to pump him for more info. He's too good of a character to go bad like that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pete dealing with the mining company lady was pretty great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

I must have missed it. Was the cash Ennis and Holcombe the 100k they stole from the ransom money? How did Holcombe end up getting claim to it, and why was some other random guy holding on to it, and why does he end up murking Ennis? Too sloppy at being dirty and too likely to bring him down? After their little talk earlier it seemed clear that Ennis was new to the corrupt cop thing and took pointers from Holcombe. Everything else about the finale made sense to me except tha.

Tatiana Maslany continues to be incredible.

That was a completely different deal they had with that gangster. The 100k was mostly given to the church, minus some expenses. The Holcombe thing was most likely that Ennis got too close to being caught and also even he might have some scruples about a dead baby.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nate Mooney playing the opposing counsel was kind of funny because I'll never see him as anything but a McPoyle.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ultimately I don't think the Gallardos actually killed him but yeah it was becoming clear this episode that they have been lying. I wouldn't be surprised if Rafael at least actually did ransack the dead guy's pockets, which is where he got the coin.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

The hateful radio broadcaster was really distracting for me. "Mr. Panucci/Jake the Dog/Marcus Fenix, no! You shouldn't say such things!"

He also had a small role on the recent Interview with the Vampire TV series where he played a racist alderman in New Orleans.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So the pile of cash and the fact the brothers were doing target practice sure makes it look like they were doing a hit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm really enjoying this season more than the first. It definitely helps that everything feels more focused while season 1 kind of rambled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

Strong season, great finale. I said it last week but I was genuinely surprised by how straightforward the reveal of everything was, right down to the crime itself (I thought maybe we'd see in the flashback that the younger Gallardo actually pulled the trigger and his brother was taking the fall for him, knowing he couldn't survive 30 years in San Quentin, but no.)

Yeah, I was expecting a little swerve in that flashback to show Raffa pulling the trigger and Mateo taking the fall so that he could go to art school.