Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

timp posted:

I’m a casual fan of noire which is what drew me to it, and while this show hits all the notes of a classic noire story, I think the fact that it’s set in the 30’s instead of the 40’s is throwing me off a little. Is that normal for the genre? Everything I’m familiar with is set in the mid-to-late 40’s and the detectives are dealing with WWII shell shock, and here they seem to have just substituted that out for WWI. Which I guess is fine? It’s still a hoot to watch this miserable old alcoholic with his heart in the right place bumble his way towards justice.

First thing I thought of watching the show was Chinatown, and that seems to have been set in 1937.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Wonder if they'll have Pete take over as next season's police detective, so they can keep the fun banter going on when this season's baddies are, uh, removed. Feels like I heard him say he used to be a cop at some point.