Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhys is incredible of course, so I could do with more of him and less of all the other subplots. I have no idea where they're going with this church thing. Also, I think this show made me realize I just don't like Lili Taylor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

Wow. I did not expect that last episode to wind up how it did. That confrontation in EB's office should be scene of the year, honestly. Jesus gently caress, was that cathartic.

Just the way he instantly throws back his head and laughs. It's on sight with that dude.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Paul Drake and Della Street are I think the only two "canon" characters in the show, but since they've departed from the source(s) materials so much at this point I don't think it'll matter. (I doubt Perry and Della are going to be romantically entangled, for example) I do think it's a lock that Drake joins the team next season and I hope Pete sticks around too because I love Shea Whigham. Just the scene of him poking around the murder house with zero dialog is fantastic. I don't know that I've ever seen him in a bad role.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chris Chalk, incidentally, is really good. I'm watching Gotham as a workout show and he's great as Lucius Fox and he stood out as a bad-guy-of-the-week in Justified. Glad to see him get a meaty, regular role.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Drake's resignation scene owned, Chris Chalk kicks rear end.

Also really like the chemistry all three showed at the end in the office, they’re gonna be a good team next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I only knew about Erle Stanley Gardner writing the books because his first name is such a common crossword answer, usually for some clue like “Perry Mason creator”. Much like I know the dog from Hammett's Nick and Nora stories is named Asta.