Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sounds epic. Sesshomaru ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Sounds epic. Sesshomaru ftw.

They made Sesshomaru and his daughters the central focuses of Yashahime, and it sucks donkey dick. Moroha is way more enjoyable, even if she's one dimensional like the rest of the new characters

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Facetious posted:

"Jesus uses a Glock?"

:haw:

Both seasons have been sitting on my shelf for forever. I should give them another watch.
Both seasons of Black Lagoon are super fun and I'd recommend you to have some tasty snacks when you do watch 'em because it's like having a movie marathon. :)

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

i renounce inuyasha. gently caress it

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
if you're gonna give up something because the sequel sucks you're gonna have to give up a lot of things that are really good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

when i was 12 i saw the episode of inuyasha with the demon lady who had hair powers and i thought she was really hot

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

DoubleDonut posted:

if you're gonna give up something because the sequel sucks you're gonna have to give up a lot of things that are really good

poo poo you're right. zls revenge might be poo poo.

nevermind, inuyasha is ok again. gently caress the sequel

Stairmaster posted:

when i was 12 i saw the episode of inuyasha with the demon lady who had hair powers and i thought she was really hot

everyone thinks yura is hot. ayame is where it's at

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 20, 2021

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Black Lagoon whips rear end and i wish Remy would yell at me

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

verbal enema posted:

Black Lagoon whips rear end and i wish Remy would yell at me

that fabiola chick was kick rear end

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Willo567 posted:

that fabiola chick was kick rear end

I

i don't remember this

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

verbal enema posted:

I

i don't remember this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCwi2Pbhc0I

Fabiola is the maid

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what the gently caress why did that post twice

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/M1STERRYAN/status/1362979858452742151

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I had a crush on Koga as a teen. Thank you for reading.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

No thats Roberta and i still haven't seen Roberta's Blood Trail so i HAVE to get on that

i did not watch that vid when someone who wasn't Roberta Remy or Rock appear

Or Dutch

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Stairmaster posted:

ara ara~

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i have questions

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

my flawless snatch

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

stair i am stealing the single demon mother and adding her to my monster girl harem

stop me

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
ganbare

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Both seasons of Black Lagoon are super fun and I'd recommend you to have some tasty snacks when you do watch 'em because it's like having a movie marathon. :)

I just started a rewatch and Im honestly impressed with how enjoyable it is even on the second go.

I did forget how many times the word "gently caress" is said somehow though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Furnaceface posted:

I just started a rewatch and Im honestly impressed with how enjoyable it is even on the second go.

I did forget how many times the word "gently caress" is said somehow though.

Don't make it a drinking game, you'll never make it past the first DVD.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i take a swig every time people talk about dubs here

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm living 2021 Dub Free.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
These days I watch the Japanese dubs more often than not.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i watched two dubbed anime so far this year

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Willo567 posted:

They made Sesshomaru and his daughters the central focuses of Yashahime, and it sucks donkey dick. Moroha is way more enjoyable, even if she's one dimensional like the rest of the new characters

70% of the reason Inuyasha worked in the first place was Naraku. With him gone the series really struggles to get you invested in the overarching story.

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Feb 20, 2021

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I had a crush on Koga as a teen. Thank you for reading.

I'm sorry for teen you's poo poo taste.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

the great pretender dub was pretty good, despite the show being kind of middling. i think thats the only dub i watched last year tho

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

chumbler posted:

Pretty sure every teen ever had poo poo taste, look at how many people love non-Kai DBZ.

O wait never mind, there are still adults who think Kai is wise.

Edit: I usually watch dubs cause they have the better script, plus its funny as hell to hear stuff like Chrollo’s VO from Hunter x Hunter as the cheetah in the Spyro remaster.

Last Celebration fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Feb 20, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kai isnt really a significant improvement on the tv version of dbz. the filler in the saiyan saga is actually pretty good for the most part and fleshes out the training in a way the story kinda needs and give more downtime between raditz and vegeta/nappa. it maybe goes on a little too long but the manga basically skips over the training arc entirely which makes everyone getting offed immediately by nappa feel less impactful. and the kai version doesnt really fix the stuff past the saiyan saga because goku v frieza still has long stretches where it looks terrible and padding. like getting rid of bulma's crab adventure is an improvement but it doesnt fix the core issue of the adaptation being kinda broken by that point.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

verbal enema posted:

No thats Roberta and i still haven't seen Roberta's Blood Trail so i HAVE to get on that

i did not watch that vid when someone who wasn't Roberta Remy or Rock appear

Or Dutch

It rules but for some reason a lot of people who saw the originals don't know about Roberta's Blood Trail. A bunch of my friends who've been watching anime on my recommendation because they need something to do during lockdown have seen the originals forever ago and thought they saw all of it, and got psyched when I told them there's more episodes with the badass terminator maid.

It's also really good and I hope more of it gets animated now that there's more material to work with.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

kai isnt really a significant improvement on the tv version of dbz. the filler in the saiyan saga is actually pretty good for the most part and fleshes out the training in a way the story kinda needs and give more downtime between raditz and vegeta/nappa. it maybe goes on a little too long but the manga basically skips over the training arc entirely which makes everyone getting offed immediately by nappa feel less impactful. and the kai version doesnt really fix the stuff past the saiyan saga because goku v frieza still has long stretches where it looks terrible and padding. like getting rid of bulma's crab adventure is an improvement but it doesnt fix the core issue of the adaptation being kinda broken by that point.

Yeah in retrospect I could have picked something better since Kai kinda gets lazy and still kinda dragged halfway through Namek, the new dub is a pretty huge improvement but I guess that doesn’t quite count.

I still maintain that teens have pretty bad taste in a lot of things though. See: me, a former teenager who thought he should be ashamed of watching dumb Japanese cartoons. :colbert:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dragon ball z owns and I will use force against anyone who disagrees this is not parody

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
DBZ is on Funi, right? I wonder if the show holds up better while "binging" it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wark Say posted:

DBZ is on Funi, right? I wonder if the show holds up better while "binging" it.

Do they have the entire Dragon Ball series on there or just Z and Super?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

Da gently caress

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Larryb posted:

Do they have the entire Dragon Ball series on there or just Z and Super?

Last I checked, they had DB and GT as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Da gently caress