Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hi is this the new Arknights thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It is now.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
after trying to play games like radio zonde, melty blood and umineko: golden fantasia, i've decided i only have enough room in my life for works that are important to me such as "glove on fight" and "flying red barrel"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

glove on fight is okay, but gleam of force: glove on fight 2 now thats the good poo poo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hope glove on fight 2 also has a cast of characters that would be pretty recognizable to western people who watched anime in the early 2000s and then like two characters who feel out of left field

like even if you for some reason watched gunparade march i dunno how many people outside of japan at the time would've known it was based on a super deep simulation rpg and that's why one of seika's specials is her summoning loving video game ui lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i think gleam of force is all original characters, but one of them is a wrestling idol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEaKH04NSrs

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

that's just luvia

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
well at least it looks like an actual video game

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Aurora posted:

that's just luvia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEO3lT9x5Ko

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

in the gleam of force manual yukie's hobbies are listed as "collecting figurines of cute girls" and her likes are "cute girls"

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I respect it.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Abysswalker posted:

in the gleam of force manual yukie's hobbies are listed as "collecting figurines of cute girls" and her likes are "cute girls"

:hmmyes:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

gonk

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i am v happy that code vein runs on my 9 year old laptop

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Abysswalker posted:

thank you french bread :pray:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I bought all of the Densha De D games off DLSite back when they had a massive sale and those are some quality doujins I tell you what

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
it has been almost a year since the Rune Factory 5 "teaser" that had no information in it and I am going to die

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

DoubleDonut posted:

it has been almost a year since the Rune Factory 5 "teaser" that had no information in it and I am going to die
Seek greener pastures elsewhere in the meantime so that you do not die of self-loathing.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The Colonel posted:

thank you french bread :pray:

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Just finished watching Promare and it gave me major sensory overload/actually made my eyes bleed, would highly recommend

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That is the oldest surviving image from my mechs and robots image folder, the file data says it is from 2004, possibly earlier since I think it was copied over from an older hard drive.

Unfortunately, no idea where it's originally from.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jul 2, 2020

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:same:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I had night coffee last night

that was a mistake

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh hell yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKmqh8G4McU&hd=1

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Learning Japanese is as easy as 1, 2, 3!

Now 1, 2, 3 depends entirely on what exactly you're counting.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I did have formal teaching but I didn't find learning Japanese to be as bad as people suggested it would be. The grammar is different but makes sense and while kanji can be horrific the whole manga subculture is kindof built around people with relatively poor kanji knowledge. Also if you stick to games you can just cheat and look them all up

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I can kind of sort of read Chinese, so I should probably try teaching myself some basic Japanese at some point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I took a few Japanese classes in college but I've forgotten everything I learned.

Sorry, Keiko-sensei.... :negative:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Learning all those kanji is annoying but the grammar seems more straightforward than French with it's word genders and conjugations with exceptions on top of exceptions.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
after learning english, japanese is omega easymode, grammar wise. there's only two tenses, only 2 irregular verbs, and sentence structure is very simple and straightforward.

it more than makes up for it with kanji though. unlike with other foreign languages, where i learned to read well before i learned to understand spoken language well, seriously gently caress kanji lmao. i've learned enough to be able to get through simple dialogue and/or rpg game mechanics or similar, but fluently reading an actual book will probably elude me for many years still because i'm too lazy to practice that enough :rip:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I enjoy dumb puns/wordplay across Katakana, Hiragana and Kanji!

Self-actualization is fun!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

im feeling threatened

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I have Genki lying around and looked at it a few times but never sat down and actually studied it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

kanji are cool imo

i only know a couple hundred though so maybe i'll hit a wall if i ever go further