Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I wish I had a better quality version of this

Holy poo poo they even got Yamato 2520 in there

Zeether fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jul 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I bought all of the Densha De D games off DLSite back when they had a massive sale and those are some quality doujins I tell you what

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I have Genki lying around and looked at it a few times but never sat down and actually studied it

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Love Live Sunshine will forever remind me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u39a3B8OswU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

New Initial D game news from Sega GET HYPE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFOURvVcGtA

I still need to play Zero at my local arcade but I don't wanna risk covid

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I had been putting Slayers on Seven Seas' monthly surveys for about a year but I also hoped J-Novel would get it since they got FMP

And now they've done it

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1279309305842487297

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Is this what a forum looks like in right to left manga format

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The new Lupin special's dub is on Youtube for a limited time and it owns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-LB1v4guo8

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Willo567 posted:

When are we gonna see a sequel to this with Jump poo poo added?

Did you actually play this because it was hot garbage, the novelty of being able to whack the gently caress out of Inuyasha as Negi was completely broken by how high on the kusoge scale it went

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

He redrew stuff? I feel like it looks off

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Yeah like, Azumanga's old art had this detail level to it that the newer art Azuma does just doesn't cut it for

Maybe it's a good thing Yen Press' release doesn't have those new panels

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

hot take: I liked the Azumanga dub

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

did he change Chihiro to having brown hair or is that Yomi in the new one?
It looks like Yomi without her glasses on but I can't tell because she also looks like a Yotsuba background character and Chiyo looks like Yotsuba

In the original it looks like Tomo is addressing her

Wark Say posted:

Is there a reason why Yotsuba has never received an anime adaptation? I mean, aside from the Nyanbo! spin-off thingy. Seems kinda like it'd be a surefire thing.
Supposedly Azuma hated how Azumanga was adapted so he doesn't want Yotsuba to get one, plus he thinks it won't work as an anime

Zeether fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 8, 2020

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Endorph posted:

From what I've heard he wasn't a fan of the increased amount of jokes with Kimura. Though Azuma is still the guy who created the Kimura character so.
It took me too long to realize the Kimura stuff was really :stare:

And yeah, poor Kaorin gets reduced to the butt of all the Kimura jokes even when she finally gets to be with Sakaki during the school festival dance. I used to find that part funny when I was younger and now I don't.

(I also lowkey wish we got to hear Sakaki's English VA sing the entirety of her character song because she pulled it off well in the dub for that one brief moment)

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Kaorin marries Sakaki and Kimura gets slapped with a big fat restraining order

I don't think we got the anniversary manga here sadly, Yen Press was like "here's the old release except now Osaka has her Southern accent from the dub" and that was it

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I still have 2 ADV manga volumes of Azumanga

Remember when ADV did manga

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Was Kimura the origin of MY WAIFU
He was yeah

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I still need to finish Eizouken

God I want that on video here so bad

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1281549150140559360

25 years of KANSEI DORIFUTO

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

All I know about Muv Luv is the dude who looks like Ryosuke from Initial D

edit: Oh my god the kanji for his name even has part of the kanji used for the Initial D title

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

klapman posted:

iirc he's also a super driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSYcYnOFBek

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I was watching season 1 of Sailor Moon for a bit because the new dub happened, it was alright

One thing's for sure, there were some badass cars in that

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I've been watching the Rockman EXE anime and it's pretty fun, has some of the best facial expressions ever on top of the hilariously dated fansubs.

Netto lost and Rockman got deleted :smith: Granted he does come back but it's loving brutal

Zeether fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 13, 2020

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I was a "watch anime in 3 parts on Youtube" guy and ended up seeing stuff like Read or Die that way

(Aniplex please put Read or Die on Funimation thanks)

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I bought Negima!? from Best Buy

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

My anime trajectory was seeing the trailer for Kiki's Delivery Service at the end of a Disney VHS once, but I didn't know it was anime at all. Then I caught Pokemon a few times, and finally Digimon was when I realized what anime was thanks to an issue of Fox Kids Magazine that talked about it. Didn't truly start to get into it until high school when I bought several volumes of Initial D from RadioShack because they sold them alongside the ZipZaps RC car versions of the cars and I thought the AE86 looked cool, then I ended up reading more of the manga and watching stuff like Azumanga because of YTMND memes and that led to me just looking for whatever was dubbed at the time on Youtube. That led to me seeing stuff like Galaxy Angel and ROD, then I got into Negima and that was when I was knee deep in it.

I was so into Negima the way it just abruptly ended was loving devastating to me

Zeether fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 15, 2020

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Albator Harlock
I will never not be fascinated by France being a hotbed of Leiji Matsumoto fans because they got both Harlock series aired on TV. Albator 84 has an extremely infectious opening too.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

It's a shame they won't adapt more of the LNs though

I think it had something to do with the Aya Hirano stuff?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The dub outtakes for the movie are hilarious

"what's your name" "Crispin Freeman"

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Whatever happened to Crispin Freeman, I swear I haven't heard him in a dub since Hellsing.
He's doing voiceover classes now I think? Also his anime mythology stuff which is really cool, I went to one of the panels once and he talked about the Utena movie and the symbolism behind it

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Aurora posted:

when will the might gaine subs finish
I ask myself this every day

I can't suffer through the HK ones

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I honestly thought the Toonami stream was messed up when I watched it but then found out it was entirely intentional

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I started reading Medaka Box but never got to where it gets good

Sucks the anime never got there either

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

blossommirage posted:

Seconding this. The NHK dub is really fun.
I've seen the MLM clip and Chris Patton sells it so good. Met the guy once IRL at a con and he was super nice.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Julias posted:

Yeah same experience regarding Chris. Also what's this clip you are referring to?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKAv1Rl38qQ

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

edited because it might be :filez:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

verbal enema posted:

English dub of Baccano! is side by side with the School Rumble dub imo
I remember watching the dub of School Rumble once waaaay back and I might go back and watch it again

The loving AE86 cameo in one episode was wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011