Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The first anime I can recall watching that wasn't just animated by Japanese studios (e.g. Inspector Gadget) was probably either Hello Kitty and Friends (thanks for putting it in a block with the Super Mario Bros Super Show, DiC) or Lensmen (I was living in Europe at the time and they aired "Secret of the Lens" which was the feature movie (except with most of the soundtrack replaced with a bunch of synth) and "Power of the Lens" which was very confusing (I have since learned it was a spliced together chunk of episodes from Galactic Patrol Lensman, thanks Harmony Gold). I also saw Little Nemo in theaters when it aired in the US. So I guess that dates my first exposure to the late 80s/early 90s.

I got into Ranma 1/2 closer to the mid-90s from the pricey import section at the back of the comic shop, and thanks to tape trading I saw Gundam Wing subbed before Toonami picked it up, but I think I didn't really catch a series as it was broadcasting seasonally until Working!! because a friend wanted me to watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Argue posted:

Who are the rocket launcher girl and the person on the right?
One on the far right is the protagonist from The Tatami Galaxy.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Hanasaku Iroha could probably have been another to pull double duty, there's a field trip episode set in Miyazaki.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/MartinWDoodles/status/1353487236759769088

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
These days I watch the Japanese dubs more often than not.