Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W4bGAHD7co

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5dbB0cxlag

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Give me leave キミニ

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Furnaceface posted:

But its like 100 hours long for all 3 routes and Im lazy.

it's half that and that's if you're going for viewing literally everything, if you don't care about the tiger dojos and the special 100% fate route epilogue thing you get for seeing them all it could be a bit shorter

you could also pace stuff out between routes so you could take a break before jumping from fate to ubw, and then from ubw to hf. feel like it's kinda built for that, like taking a break between episodes of when they cry

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/lnu1jo.mp4

watching sketchbook makes me feel like i'm really in the 2000s cause i even get terrible 2000s fansub tl notes that are baked into the video. anyway looking forward to kate

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Varinn posted:

the nice thing about starting with extella link is that its mostly all uphill from there

this extella link game was fun to play, i think i'll enjoy the first game t*archimedes screams exposition for 15 hours*

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
after trying to play games like radio zonde, melty blood and umineko: golden fantasia, i've decided i only have enough room in my life for works that are important to me such as "glove on fight" and "flying red barrel"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hope glove on fight 2 also has a cast of characters that would be pretty recognizable to western people who watched anime in the early 2000s and then like two characters who feel out of left field

like even if you for some reason watched gunparade march i dunno how many people outside of japan at the time would've known it was based on a super deep simulation rpg and that's why one of seika's specials is her summoning loving video game ui lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
well at least it looks like an actual video game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Abysswalker posted:

in the gleam of force manual yukie's hobbies are listed as "collecting figurines of cute girls" and her likes are "cute girls"

thank you french bread :pray:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Back then, I did it every day...
One day was just like another...
I thought it was my own intention,
But now, I'm not sure anymore...
Suddenly, my journey has begun,
While everyone around blessed me,
How could I've known!?!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
DIVIDE MY HEEEEEART
SOMEONE DIES UNFAIRLY
DIVIDE MY HEEEEEART
SOMEONE BURNS A SOUL TO VENGEANCE
I DON'T KNOW WHYYYYY
WE STARTED ALL THIS TRAGEDY

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i have no choice but to learn japanese so i can understand goofy doujin video games from 2003 so i'm afraid that i am just going to be stronger than any of you

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
. . .

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/xqndy5.mp4

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
don't think i'm mentally prepared to listen to ruru's suicide show on a livestream today

it's a good song though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/nqz134.mp4

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3-Fn9WEi6M

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
kind of feeling mixed about mai-hime because there's a half to it i have lots of fun with and there's a half to it that's really boring mai love triangle stuff that instantly makes everyone involved way less interesting to watch

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the love triangle in nadesico is good because the point is everyone who's into the mc realizing he's kind of a dope and most of them couldn't really hold a relationship with him that would work out, so they just move on naturally and call him a dumbass for refusing to say he likes the one girl he actually likes. hell, one of them never even really initiates anything or enters into any of his drama cause she realizes that the drama is all trying to get into a relationship with him would offer

that's all stuff that can be done in a way that works perfectly naturally, my frustration with mai-hime is that the last thing i wanted to watch going into the show was time being spent on mai, tate and reito having intensely generic straight romance bits, but now it feels like every episode has decided it needs to dedicate at least like five minutes to that without really even doing anything to make it at least kind of interesting to watch. also the gag bits that happen with natsuki and kendo man sometimes somehow suck harder. it's not like the show is bad at comedy, there are some really funny scenes, basically any scene with haruka and yurito or midori is gold and mikoto and natsuki get some really good moments together, it's just. sometimes it completely stops trying.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jul 5, 2020

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
uh oh

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sharkopath posted:

Wahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39tcgd-pYGo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
thinking again about how goemon 3 for super nintendo ends with goemon getting cucked by his own future descendant from neo-tokyo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/2zi9ir.mp4

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tClhDGgc_80

it's nice to look at siivagunner and see there are still good uploads sometimes (this is a remix of a kirby 64 song into a boss theme from eschatos)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think the ideal siivagunner experience is to stumble into a good upload every now and then and say "yeah this is a good upload"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
funny how the anime designs are on a weird middle ground between the old and the new

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the kimura gags are so actively terrible that they almost ruin the increased screentime given to kaori because 90% of the time she appears kimura appears like ten seconds later to creep on her, and the anthology release of the azumanga daioh manga cuts him out of a few punchlines

it's a shame cause if he wasn't there the anime would be. fine. but some of his gags are so bad that they almost made me kinda hate it at times

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 8, 2020

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the school dance gag is bad but i think the real like. bad one is when they move into the third year. and the joke is haha now kaori is stuck in a class with kimura where he harasses her for eternity. h.. hilarious...?

like i've been watching princess tutu and the cat teacher guy in that is... kiiiinda the same joke but, it softens it with him being a literal fantasy character and making the punchline that he literally always gets owned. vs kimura being... insanely uncomfortably targeted and just kind of. allowed to be that.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 8, 2020

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tbf the azumanga anniversary thing pretty much like. confirmed that kaori is 100% romantically interested in sakaki. and also just has the funniest jokes in the entire series. so i think he just generally got a lot better as an author

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!