Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Unlimited is just part of the first game. Still refund if you don't want to shell out the extra 20 for the sidegame though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/bbo_sy/status/1281564130768388097?s=19

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That's the intention, though iirc most people didn't like the first two seasons much.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/feezy_feez/status/1282095233107255296?s=19

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I remember people being down on RoboticsNotes, but I've seen some people holding a torch for the VNs ever since they got locs announced.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dunno where best to post this in Games, but 13 Sentinels got delayed to Sep 22 and the dub will be in a Day 1 patch instead of coming post-launch.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/1273685146772869123?s=19

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, though CCC's characters are very popular now by way of FGO and Nasu has a fondness for it, so a CCC Record is very likely.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/MangaMogura/status/1286772611691806722?s=19

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/fspls/status/1287833288229285888?s=19

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Wait till you see the stuff they let on [literally any other art site]!

Hey, they're not all like that. Patreon is clamping down on the sickos, like people that typed "yaoi" once on deviantart a decade ago.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

even with the studios you can pin consistent styles to, it's still just down to maintaining and focusing on in-house staff leading or maintaining relationships with particular creatives or support studios, so I'd still say factoring in the specific names and roles on a given project is important. with trigger what you can expect from a yoshinari-directed show is pretty different from one led by imaishi, to say nothing of an LN adaptation with neither involved, though there will be overlap due to ED assignments.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Space Flower posted:

otoh a lot of their shows are a jumble of creative energies when it comes to episode direction and storyboarding, like even if x show has yoshinari's larger vision it'll still have an ep that's basically imaishi's, stuff like that.

Yeah, like how Dragon Maid wasn't yamada's, but people saw an ep with plenty of shots where the camera was set on the floor and went "there she is"

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Was reminded that a decent amount of those shows have different subs on CR vs Hidive. Kinda sucks for the TLs who are seeing their work likely dumpstered.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

iirc the Fate route is the free portion on the mobile version, so it's pretty accessible in that sense (for Japanese fans, obviously)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

no that's an alligator

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

that list has you read half of Part 3, stop, read Part 1, then go back and finish Part 3.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I liked the first season (Parts 1 and 2) alright, but I fell off once the seasons afterwards got both way longer and way more mixed in reception.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Acerbatus posted:

What is this? It's cute.

https://mangadex.org/title/44380/kantai-collection-kancolle-miiro-no-alto-sax

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The "idol culture" part factors in with hololive consistently handling this stuff poorly, but a lot of it is standard online harassment. I've heard of multiple vtubers where this stuff had been following them from their prior online presence.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

these sorts of discussions always just make the series being talked about sound really boring and suffocating as a whole

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I wouldn't expect it to resonate in exactly the same way and at this point I'm just waiting to see where they go with it in terms of being a wholly separate "new show" or what, but I don't really see any reason to be pessimistic about the gridman guys' next project. So far it just looks like the team wanting to get together on another show.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Around the end of next month, though they're still letting people give them money for another two weeks.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Apparently at least two other hololivers went on stream about it while sounding noticeably upset. poo poo sucks and the way they've handled this will certainly just encourage people.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/1300267501171900416?s=19

e: actually it's just compiling existing shorts from other sources plus one original section, lol

Motto fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 31, 2020

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's in the followup, it's shorts published outside the novels, though the new "short" is 250+ pages, so.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Can't have dad trauma if your dad falls into vacuum in ep1 and suffers brain damage

e: but also Tomino is indeed a major influence on Anno, he's a fanboy to the point that he was part of a CCA fanbook where he interviewed Tomino and comes off more enthusiastic about his work than the man himself.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wait, if Sonic X S3 didn't have a Japanese dub or airing, what was that unedited version of the ending (where Tails gets way more emotional than in the dub) that I saw years back as a kid? :psyduck:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ah, I missed the part about the French airing using Japanese audio, thanks.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm shocked Bones hasn't had Rie direct a season...yet

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The combat stages are RTS with pausing when selecting/executing actions. It's also tower defense but by and large there's not much threat of total failure on normal. The one stage that annoyed me was just one where I actually lost a unit and missed the bonus objective, and then I just dropped the difficulty and steamrolled it on a replay.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Again that sounds like the typical bizarre thing you get from a Japanese company micromanaging English translations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If you want something to get mad about, last I heard viz still uses Dragon Ball translations by a guy who's in jail right now for CP

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Maybe things have changed, but last I heard the manga TLs are still the ones gerard jones was involved with (though he wasn't a translator per se, he took the translated text and rewrote it)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

really we should thank liz for banishing the cannibal clown wife to obscurity

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

hosed up that they let moba players loose these days

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

your wacky buddy the crunchyroll mascot becomes an evangelical

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

iirc they said the show was complete, but CR is likely just gonna sit on it forever.

e: looking back, I see multiple people saying that "production had wrapped", which could also just mean it getting shut down.

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 7, 2020

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Black Stones posted:

I’m pretty sure that project is dead. The people behind it got pissed that Crunchyroll only promoted its diversity and nothing else about it and of course it pissed off the chuds and CR immediately backtracked. I’d have to double check where I read that from. Was an article on ANN or somewhere on Twitter I think.

I believe this was another creative complaining about HGS making it harder to pitch other shows.
https://twitter.com/TooncaveProd/status/1297093224641822720?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

People will recommend broadcast order since that gives S1 more of a sense of dramatic buildup and climax, though the "S2"/2009 episodes make that awkward for a first-time viewer since they were made to be slotted into a chronological rebroadcast.

e: though that said I just watched them on their own myself, so it's not a big deal

Motto fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 7, 2020