Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Wark Say posted:

The start of the second half of the year warrants a new chat thread. Let's go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztdLFkJAHqw

did you listen to the jugdral stuff here, wark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
pour rika a glass

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Gross Boy

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
droyer your daki was in that attic. where is the daki

who was the daki

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
so close to the payoff on droyer's social link

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sakurazuka posted:

Extella Link is good because it lets me run around as Astolfo in a dress

E: actually I guess he doesn't have a dress, shorts?

its a dress-like outfit. one piece miniskirt deal.

extella link is good cause it lets me run around as Altera Larva with a sword dragged behind her that kicks up sparks from contact with the ground

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

tl note era seems good to me

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i will watch/read some slayers someday in honor of the artist drawing lina in shimakaze cosplay

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
island wind

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Clarste posted:

It irrationally annoys me that the nickname the Japanese fanbase has settled on for Clownpiece is basically "Crappy" written in katakana and they completely ignore her canon nickname of "Piece."

if you combine these you get the english nickname, clownpiece of poo poo

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
interesting idea but it really does look terrible when the text starts right at the left margin of your screen

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
if it stuck like this i guess it just merits a smaller window size like this

as opposed to

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://files.catbox.moe/1dqomf.webm

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
you can see how it would look like that from a cursory glance from people who never cared much about fyad

i don't think that's a grouchio-specific view

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
there's just occasional redraws of panels and splash art

it's sometimes odd like "oh, but the original art had a certain feeling here that's lost for the simplicity of the yotsuba style"

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

neko koneko

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
photonmelodies on july 30th

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
crystal doesn't interest me but there's a ton of value to the sailor moon manga for its art, like it just constantly looks gorgeous. pluto is so much better there it's not even funny.

there's also great content on dynasty

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

what did morishima mean by this

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
garbage dick

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Captain Invictus posted:

don't actually read the text I guess if you don't want to "spoil" things but there's quite a lot more characters than anime-era watamote, and almost all of the main ones are great.

huge spoilers for everyone to read: tomoko gropes the delinquent girl's tits. they become friends and enjoy in-school suspension together for like a week or some poo poo because its Bad to ride a moped or whatever

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
senko-san changing gears completely for Stay Home owns

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
you found her!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
this was the best part of luna's 3d debut

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
*monkey paw curls* enjoy your new season of hell girl

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
hmmm... are you thinking of mnemosyne

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
lol

in retrospect i realize that himegami introducing herself with "ippen shinde—" in one of the index specials was not just a reference but also a seiyuu joke

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the drama cd was written by the guy who came up with the concept for the new series, is how i've heard it (hearsay from jp twitter)

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Willo567 posted:

the same guy also wrote gundam wing: frozen teardrop, and is responsible for making the characters in inuyasha much more dickish than they were in the manga

i didn't watch(edit:read) frozen teardrop but that is a unique way to describe the main writer for all of Wing

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Willo567 posted:

I have personally never seen Gundam Wing, but the way Sumisawa handled the characters in Inuyasha, as well as YOUR SIGHT MY DELIGHT make me not want to check it out

not in a 'blowing off your concerns' way but i do think this is a super common issue that anime adaptations run into and it's impossible to chalk every loss of character nuance up to a specific writer's decision

this guy in question is a key example of that because most of his career is in writing scattered eps of shows with 50-200 episodes and that's not a position where you're given creative freedom. all of it is really big franchise shows where a writer would just be a piece of the equation

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
thinking about the fan reactions to JC Staff light novel adaptations over the years where people tally up the amount of times the kugimiya rie heroine beats the poo poo out of the protagonist in the source material, point out every time JC Staff added in extra "getting the poo poo kicked out of you by kugimiya rie character" scenes and claim that they ruined the romantic nuance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
being a kugirie tsundere gets you flanderized but at the same time people DO want more scenes of louise flogging saito from dusk to dawn and then in the morning the maid wakes up and finds them both cut and bruised and half naked and tangled up in each other. complex issues