Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
What's happened to ADTRW.

I'm scared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

When are we gonna see a sequel to this with Jump poo poo added?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Zeether posted:

Did you actually play this because it was hot garbage, the novelty of being able to whack the gently caress out of Inuyasha as Negi was completely broken by how high on the kusoge scale it went

I just like the novelty of it. I'm aware that it's really janky

I'd love something like JSS/JUS, but with Sunday and Magazine characters added to the mix.

I need to have a game where I can play as Devilman and have him kill Sasuke Uchiha over and over again

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

sasuke is one of the worse rival characters in manga history.

i want to see his rear end kicked in

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Acerbatus posted:

took my dog to the vet for a filling for a cavity, he'll be fine but I always get anxious since he hates it. :/

nuh-uh devilman would regenerate!!

How come he could regenerate an arm, but not the lower half of his body?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

Guest characters in the classic series have included Spider-Man, Darth Maul, Jango Fett, and Shrek.

Don't forget Gene Simmons

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Dangerous Person posted:

I would prefer if people forgot Gene Simmons

I've never given two shits about KISS

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm guessing the remaster has at least Crash Bandicoot, I suspect Jack Black will be there, and maybe they'll have like Tracer or some other Blizzard.

How could you forget Spyro

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

oh yeah, and i also just remembered that terrible bleach rip off simmons son did

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

Naoko Takeuchi was forced to accommodate the 90s anime in her manga (introducing new villains, couldnt do certain plot points) and also had no creative input on the anime (she really didnt like how pretty much everything in stars was handled, or how haruka was depicted). These are both completely valid complaints and I get why she'd want to make a 'new' anime for a new generation that is much closer to her vision for what is essentially her life's work.

However, the sailor moon manga kinda sucks while the 90s anime rules.

Are there any other adaptations where the vast majority of fans prefer the anime over the original manga?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Usually, if the anime is based off a manga, I just read the manga version because it's a lot quicker, unless the anime is better. If it's an anime original, then I watch it.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Growing up in a family of nerds, and being a millennial, my first exposure to anime was Pokemon. Other than that, I really didn't watch a whole lot outside of the occasional episode of Yu-Gi-Oh, thanks to my brother's obsession with it at the time. My older sister was into stuff on Adult Swim and Toonami, and her favorite shows were Yu Yu Hakusho and Inuyasha, although she eventually grew out of both shows, and anime in general. I was also familiar with both the original Dragon Ball and Z, though in the latter case I just played the games.

The only anime I remember seeing on Adult Swim before I really got into it was Evangelion, and that was the episode that introduced Asuka, and before poo poo went down.

The first real anime I really got into was Naruto. As a preteen, it was the best poo poo in the world, and compared to other anime dubs at the time, didn't cut out a lot of the violence, or change the story, even keeping in a lot of the blood. However, looking back at it now just makes me feel sad, just to be reminded of how lovely it got after the time skip. I think reading the entirety of Naruto, and seeing how much it's fallen, is part of the reason why I like Inuyasha much more in comparison, even if the latter is pretty repetitive.

Eventually, once I got older, I started to get into a lot of the older series available, and got into Osamu Tezuka and Go Nagai especially. I've also become a big fan of the mecha genre, probably because at its core, it's a genre where ordinary people are able to overcome extraordinary odds. I also slowed down on watching anime adaptations , and eventually decided to just read the original manga when available, because I don't have to invest as much time into it.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I think I saw one or two episodes of Haruhi, and didn't get what the big deal was.

Endless Eight was pretty loving hilarious though, if only because it's just a season of poo poo posting

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

i'm surprised medaka made it in as a character in j-stars victory vs

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

NikkolasKing posted:

For any who might care, this is Moroha - Inuyasha's and Kagome's daughter.

It is kind of a...real hard tug on the heartstrings for us old fans.

Instantly better than whatever the gently caress the designs in Boruto are.

Also, now that you've brought it up, I wanna post this cute comic I found when the sequel was first announced

https://twitter.com/lenbarboza/status/1259557944808673284

Warning: A lot of that Twitter account is NSFW

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/hanyo_yashahime/status/1284468867318689793

Ugh...

(For those that don't care, it's a live stream with the VA for Sesshomaru and Rin, practically confirming that Sess got with Rin).

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 19, 2020

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

drat, age gap in a shoujo from 1996?

The main issue is that Sess met Rin when she was 8.

I'm really loving torn on this. Would it be consider child grooming if Sess left her in Kaede's village, then when she turned 16 she started a relationship with him?

Honestly, if it wasn't for that Drama CD where it made Sess look like he was going to propose to Rin at 11, maybe it wouldn't bother me so drat much.

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 19, 2020

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

isn't inuyasha set in like the 1500's

It is, but I still don't want it to go into Usagi Drop territory

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Fangz posted:

Does it confirm that? I'm still telling myself that Rin's their cool big sis

It's telling people to vote for their favorite episodes that have Sess and Rin in them.

They did the same thing with Inuyasha and Kagome, so I'm guessing it's confirmed.

Honestly, I'm just really loving torn on it. Part me thinks that if Rin grew up and started to have feeling for Sess, and wanted to pursue a relationship, then MAYBE it's OK?

But another part of me wonders if it's child grooming or wife husbandry. The manga doesn't imply that it is, or suggests anything of the sort, but there was a Drama CD released a few years after the Final Act anime where Sess tells Rin his feelings (again, not written by Takahashi).

https://www.deviantart.com/rinsess/journal/Inuyasha-drama-CD-full-translation-395296392

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 20, 2020

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I guess I'm the only one that's just a little bothered by this?

I mean, I don't see people really complain about what happened at the end of Nadia between Marie and Sanson.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Julias posted:

Nah, I get the concerns, but at the same time it's 1) a fictional narrative 2) an old story by an old mangaka 3) the setting is in ancient japan 4) whether you consider it child grooming or not is really a matter of degrees based on viewer interpretation.

Well, I guess compared to Usagi Drop it isn't nearly as bad, especially if that Drama CD isn't canon (it's not in my mind).

I'm sorry for wasting the threads time to rant about anime

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Space Flower posted:

the drama cd was written by the guy who came up with the concept for the new series, is how i've heard it (hearsay from jp twitter)

the same guy also wrote gundam wing: frozen teardrop, and is responsible for making the characters in inuyasha much more dickish than they were in the manga

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Space Flower posted:

i didn't watch(edit:read) frozen teardrop but that is a unique way to describe the main writer for all of Wing

I can give a few great examples of where this is seen in the anime vs the manga

-After Sango reveals what the Sacred Jewel really is in the manga, Inuyasha declares he'll stop the jewel from returning things to evil. In the anime, he just complains that the priestess must have done a lovely job, and boast how he'll use it to be a full demon.

-Kikyou is a lot more angry and bitter towards Inuyasha in the anime, even bragging to him that she killed Kagome at one point. In the manga, this stops after Inuyasha tells her about what Naraku did to them, and she confirms it with Kaede

-Miroku, while still very flirtatous in the manga, seems to grope a ton more women in the anime. Once Sango was introduced, he mostly groped her, and just flirted with other women (I may be wrong on this one).

-Kagome is a lot more calm and patient with Inuyasha in the manga, and REALLY plays up the sit command in the anime. One good example is after the fight with Toukajin. In the manga, once Inuyasha reveals that he's alive and asks why everyone is crying over them, Kagome tells him she's just glad that he's alive. In the anime, they fight, and tells him to "shut up and sit". Another example is in Chapter 249, where Kagome is upset at Inuyasha for not leaving her alone after seeing him with Kikyou. In the manga, she uses the sit command three times in a row. In the anime, she uses it ten times in a row, plus manages to sit him with the word "idiot" six times, and one more sit for good measure.

I have personally never seen Gundam Wing, but the way Sumisawa handled the characters in Inuyasha, as well as YOUR SIGHT MY DELIGHT make me not want to check it out

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 20, 2020

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Mister Facetious posted:

Tracksuit ninja is cool. :colbert:

Boruto is a spoiled brat

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Ranzear posted:

I never watched a useful amount of Inuyasha and have an odd question: Does real world time freeze when Kagome is in the past, or does she just go missing for days on end?

Gonna find out his hand finally ate him. I'd be disappointed if as much as they played that poo poo up in the little of the show I saw that he was still putzing about with it ten+ years later.

Time passes when she's in the past, so yes. Her family knows about it after the first time she goes missing.

Her family is also surprisingly cool with her skipping school. I wish we had some more chapters/episodes with them and Inuyasha

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jul 21, 2020

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Arbite posted:

Does it have the Nightingale?

I haven't read the manga, but from what I hear, yes

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

TheKingofSprings posted:

I’m pretty down on the Sess-Rin thing that’s being implied, but the more I think about it, Inuyasha was pretty much 67 and dating a 16 year old wasn’t he?

The real question is why neither of them dated best girl Sango so Miroku could gently caress off and marry his hand.

I understand what you mean. It feels weird that no one ever bats an eye at Sanson and Marie from Nadia though, escpieally since Marie was 4

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

how bearable is nadia herself? Playing SRW X made me want to scream at her for calling everyone a war mongerer

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Zeether posted:

Nadia has a shot for shot reference to Yamato

Not surprised there: Anno loves Yamato.

Do you think that he's upset that Nadia wasn't in the last SRW with Yamato 2199?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

DoubleDonut posted:

It’s so much easier to read things than to watch them

Don't read the Eureka Seven manga

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

i still have not accepted the ending of gurren lagann.

thank god for srw x

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

everythingWasBees posted:

gently caress King Gainer rules

is it still in print

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Acerbatus posted:

hold up like the onepiece guy?

yeah, i'm pretty sure he's friends with watsuki, given that he used to be his editor

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

If I wasn't a fan of the play, would I like Romeo x Juliet more?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

thread, i have an important question:

urusei yatsura or ranma 1/2

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

i have decided to read urusei yatsura. thank you nerds.

also, since we're talking about takahashi, they just showed off sesshomaru's kids in the inuyasha sequel

i'm not really crazy about these colors. i honestly like moroha way more

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Captain Cappy posted:

Looks like Sesshy had affairs with Colonel Sanders and Sango.

i'm upset about how towa (the colonel sanders child) looks because now i can't bullshit a fanfic where HnY is actually a prequel to Gundam Wing, where after the yokai invasion of 2020, mankind heads into space.

her uniform looked really similar to the one that heero wears in the first episode

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

I love the interview where one of the brain powerd writers says that he submitted a script, tomino loved it, praised it, called the writers wife to praise it and thank her

And then when the episode aired it was so completely rewritten that the writer was pretty sure not a single line he wrote got used

I can't blame Tomino, especially considering that the writer in question is Katsuyuki Sumisawa, the writer of Frozen Teardrop, Glory of the Losers, and the adaptation of Inuyasha, where he made the characters much more unlikable

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Aug 4, 2020

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1290591069072175105

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

katsuyuki sumisawa wrote gundam wing itself which feels like an odd exclusion if you're mad about teardrop and glory of the losers ruining wing. he also wrote the dbz bardock special, which is probably one of the best written things to come out of that franchise.

and also even if a guy's writing is poo poo you dont call someones wife to compliment the thing you're going to throw out immediately, lol

Okay, I'll concede that Tomino shouldn't have done that, and that the Bardock special was great.

I've never seen Gundam Wing myself, so I can't really comment on it, but from what I've heard, Frozen Teardrop has a lot of dumb poo poo in it., like the Zero System being powered by a cat brain

It makes me nervous that he's going to pull the same poo poo for Hanyo no Yashahime

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Aug 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Space Flower posted:

in an interview years later, Tomino had this to said about brain powdered

drat you.

You made me laugh at my own stupidity