Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

the tyranny of mod-posted chat threads continues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

CubeTheory posted:

Wait, did fans make a sequel to Goof Troop on the SNES
"goofy" is also an adjective, op

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

did they flip the avatars yet

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

they did not

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Kwyndig posted:

Has Namtab's av ever synched with the gang tag copies? I can't remember it ever doing that on my end.
probably depends on how your browser loads gifs and whether you load the av and the copies at the same time

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

I saw the first eight episodes of bleach as a small child. That was about it, until seven years later when I rediscovered anime via megatokyo recommendation columns

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Is it actually the Eizouken author? The screenshot says the account has his name, but is it his and not just some imitator? Chances are someone would've pointed it out if so, but dumber mistakes have been made on Twitter

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

thanks, just thought it was worth confirming

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Space Flower posted:

they credited one of the end cards to alina gray?

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

DoubleDonut posted:

Toby Fox did most of the official music for Homestuck iirc. I don't know about Celeste but it wouldn't surprise me
iirc homestuck actually had a bunch of regular contributors, so toby fox is responsible for maybe 10%-20% of the OST

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Endorph posted:

not most, but some, yeah. i know someone who did a couple songs for homestuck, it seems like it was a pretty fly by night operation
How so? Were they not getting paid? Was the bandcamp revenue nit being distributed properly?

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

scary ghost dog posted:

it was probably just a couple people emailing or messaging each other
oh, I thought fly-by-night meant "shady" lol

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

It's not that important, tbh. The majority of the Fate route is explaining how the setting works.
it also provides a basic narrative that later arcs build on and subvert in interesting ways, so it is pretty important, IMO

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Feldegast42 posted:

Does magic in fate still run on the power of horny or did they retcon that
It does but wizards are horny for knowledge, not sex

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

probably the same percentage of people who've read manga in general. it's become pretty mainstream--my high school had a bunch in the comics section, as did my library

Elephant Parade fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 9, 2020

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Mister Facetious posted:

what about before 2001
how the gently caress would I know, I'm a zoomer

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

going to save my snipe for page 420 instead. I believe that this thread will endure

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Space Flower posted:

that's one of her 12 charm points. it's super moe when combined with long sleeves so that only the long nails stick out. also reflective of her nature as a sheltered noble who is naive to fearful of human contact. having long claws complements her set of torture implements which provide a barrier between her and her victims/subjects not unlike the barrier between an idol and their fans. and yet, as a romantic and foolishly pure maiden, she has a fetish for fingers herself. she's probably never thought of anything past handholding with her lover. ahh, imagine wearing sweaters together with her and holding hands inside the long sleeves where she can't see how you're going to tease her next.

so that's how it is. though there's no use in proselytizing to the peasantry

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

a post that thorough deserves at least one emptyquote

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

kirbysuperstar posted:

I don't think it's the worst thing in the world but it means never hearing anything but Black Serena III instead of Go Aestevalis or You Get to Burning.

It also means Gai is never around. gently caress I guess I should just replay J.
*100 waves of reinforcements later* "I should not have replayed J"

Elephant Parade fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 15, 2020

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Phantom Blood is nine episodes long and it escalates insanely fast. Like, ep1 is Victorian character drama, ep2 is Dio plotting a murder and Jonathan fighting street thugs, ep3 is Dio turning into a vampire and fighting Jonathan to the death in a burning building. I wouldn't call that "slow". It's not like Stardust Crusaders, where like 80% of the show's runtime is random encounter fights that inexplicably get two episodes (looking at you, Death 13)

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

I know Darth Vader is the bad guy, but I still can't help but feel like Star Wars endorses planetary destruction, and that's not OK

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

it isn't being posted in this thread anymore so I don't care. may kyuu-chan fans find happiness

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

and a better manga :twisted:

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Acerbatus posted:

Only mentally. Might give it another shot at some point.

Oh, interesting. I thought Yuuki Yuna is a Hero was pretty alright overall but I was uhh... 17 or so when I saw it.
yuki yuna is mostly ok outside of the slow start but the ending is insanely bad. like, the cast resolve themselves to live on despite the challenges their sacrifices create for them... and then all those sacrifices are magically undone. It would've been more interesting if they worked to overcome them, like if the aspiring singer who lost her voice composed songs with vocaloid or something

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

and why are the titles in friggin quotation marks!!

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

it's telling that kiki's delivery service fanart always depicts her as a witch. I think most people just kind of ignore that part of the ending

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

How many times am I going to see that loving tweet

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Julias posted:

Animated Drawings to Replace Webmasters

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

lol if they don't even merge. all the disadvantages of competition with none of the upsides

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

as someone who read deltora as a kid, finding out it has an anime is weird as hell

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

it's like if there was a final fantasy 2.5 between 2 and 3 that I never knew about

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

broke: criticizing the art
woke: psychoanalyzing the artist

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

sry for cursing the new page

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

What Happened (2017)

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018