Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
They also ruined RG3 because they were too cheap to fix their pothole-filled field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

wild pigs are currently a plague upon Texas

don't take my word for it

I love news stories that make you lick your lips.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Keith Atherton posted:

They also ruined RG3 because they were too cheap to fix their pothole-filled field

They should make it up to him by renaming to the Washington Griffins

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Washington Red Socks

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Yates posted:

Washington Tube Socks

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The Washington Aristocrats.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Abugadu posted:

Make it a populist thing and go with the Hogs, saying the fans inspired you.

They need to do this, but lean into the DC military-industrial complex and have a helmet painted up like an A-10 Warthog, go to matte gray and *~*burgundy*~* for uniform colors, be sponsored by Northrup-Grumman and do A-10 flyovers from the MD ANG every game and then just print money because American loves R TROOPS and large offensive linemen

I hate my stupid team and their stupid owner that ruins every loving thing possible. At least a future stadium can't be worse than FedEx Field because it is already the pinnacle of stupid.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

For the June thread people, have 4 minutes of slow rear end QB running plays: (okay, they aren't all slow as hell QB's, but they sure are all white).

There's the most Tony Romo rear end play in there, like just wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-WxE_LZTOg&t=28s

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

the yellow dart posted:

They need to do this, but lean into the DC military-industrial complex and have a helmet painted up like an A-10 Warthog, go to matte gray and *~*burgundy*~* for uniform colors, be sponsored by Northrup-Grumman and do A-10 flyovers from the MD ANG every game and then just print money because American loves R TROOPS and large offensive linemen

I hate my stupid team and their stupid owner that ruins every loving thing possible. At least a future stadium can't be worse than FedEx Field because it is already the pinnacle of stupid.

Washington's new cheer/touchdown celebration is the A-10's BRRRRRRT of the GAU-8 Avenger 30mm cannon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1otYo17sQI

:goonsay: the A-10's official name is the Thunderbolt II. The "Warthog" is it's nickname.

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 2, 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I love news stories that make you lick your lips.

Afaik wild pig tastes awful

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

Android Apocalypse posted:

:goonsay: the A-10's official name is the Thunderbolt II. The "Warthog" is it's nickname.

Ah yes similar to the F-16 FIGHTING FALCON and B-1 LANCER so many cool official names

:frogout:

but also

Washington's new cheer/touchdown celebration is the A-10's BRRRRRRT of the GAU-8 Avenger 30mm cannon.

:perfect:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Peyton fake where he ran for a touchdown untouched was legendary.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

best running QB in ravens history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f192tWhSE0I

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Peyton fake where he ran for a touchdown untouched was legendary.

The one against the Raiders where there's no one within 20 yards of him and he still gets caught at like the 3 is also hilarious.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

For the June thread people, have 4 minutes of slow rear end QB running plays: (okay, they aren't all slow as hell QB's, but they sure are all white).

There's the most Tony Romo rear end play in there, like just wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-WxE_LZTOg&t=28s

It's funny, I remember Elway being like a zillion years old - and looking it - when he did that helicopter dive, but in reality he was only 37.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's funny, I remember Elway being like a zillion years old - and looking it - when he did that helicopter dive, but in reality he was only 37.

Before the powers of the TB-12 method, that was super old for a QB.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Should change the name to the washington washingtons and make the native American mascot head george Washington head ala the quarter

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I love that this starts and there's already a Bengals LB making GBS threads himself into the ground

Also the Joe Flacco go route™

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Bill Barnwell is doing an interesting series on first round QBs from 2018 — except Josh Rosen — that has some insights:

- Could Lamar Jackson repeat as MVP? A progress report on the Ravens star and what to expect in 2020
- Make-or-break year for Josh Allen? A progress report on the Bills QB, and what's ahead in 2020
- What went wrong for Baker Mayfield, and can he be fixed? A progress report on the Browns QB

Tomorrow is the last one (Darnold).

e: It's funny that the apt comparison he finds for Josh Allen is... Tyrod Taylor.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jul 2, 2020

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

EmbryoSteve posted:

Should change the name to the washington washingtons and make the native American mascot head george Washington head ala the quarter

Not really sure that would be a big improvement on the racism front

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Combine it with the weird scream that the A-10 makes on flybys and you've got my vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17h04ag1YHg&t=71s

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

The Washington Generals. The mascot can be Grant and Sherman high fiving each other.

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

the yellow dart posted:

I've been a fan of Washington my entire life, and this is the best idea I've heard yet that could theoretically be pitched successfully to that dumb poo poo Dan Snyder. I feel your pain dude. I remember them winning the Super Bowl when I was 6 and it's been a tremendous wet fart ever since.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

The Washington Generals. The mascot can be Grant and Sherman high fiving each other.

Only if they play the Harlem Globetrotters every preseason.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Captain Dickweed posted:

winning the Super Bowl when I was 6 and it's been a tremendous wet fart ever since.

Is it better to win once and then suck perpetually (or suck perpetually and then win once, either way), or to be a perennial contender but never win?

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Is it better to win once and then suck perpetually (or suck perpetually and then win once, either way), or to be a perennial contender but never win?

Its definitely better to have won 3 and have a terrible team with a terrible owner currently than be the Browns/Bills, who have that but without the championships. It was a lot more fun prior to the Eagles winning the Superbowl, however.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Amy Pole Her posted:

Listen to happier things. More positive messages. It’ll feel weird for a bit but trust me on this - get outta that cycle
:emptyquote:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

EmbryoSteve posted:

Just call it the Washington Dicks and make the mascot the Washington Monument.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Absofuckinglutely (win once). Speaking from personal experience.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Win once. Who wants perpetual blue balls?

Ross might be able to answer this but the chargers havnt been contenders in a while now. Who is the modern equivalent of the chargers of a decade ago? The Falcons?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CyberPingu posted:

Ross might be able to answer this but the chargers havnt been contenders in a while now. Who is the modern equivalent of the chargers of a decade ago? The Falcons?

If we ignore they did win a Super Bowl and only look at the last few years Saints maybe?

Other than that, yeah Falcons I suppose. Maybe Texans but I don't think either are as talented as those Chargers teams ~15 years ago were.

...Vikings?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Texans top end talent was real scary for awhile. Health/BoB hosed that all up, but Watson / Hopkins / Watt / Clowney is pretty high up there on a list of 4 best players on a team.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Chargers really should have won 1 if not 2 superbowls just from the talent on those teams. If you're talking Superbowl wins maybe the Hasslebeck Seahawks?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Chargers really should have won 1 if not 2 superbowls just from the talent on those teams.

I wish they had won in 2006.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

The Texans top end talent was real scary for awhile. Health/BoB hosed that all up, but Watson / Hopkins / Watt / Clowney is pretty high up there on a list of 4 best players on a team.

Yeah I was thinking of present day Texans and not what they should have been, BoB needs to be shot into space and then shoved out of an airlock for his own good.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CyberPingu posted:

Here's all the teams that have never won a Super Bowl.

Considering that the last time the Vikings made the Super Bowl, I was exactly -365 days old, I'd vote them.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I always forget the Vikings were so fail

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

I always forget the Vikings were so fail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UUeqvquXZI

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

CyberPingu posted:

The Steelers

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Hell, the best Viking teams never even got to the Super Bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

The Dave posted:

The Washington Aristocrats.

Make them even more of a punchline eh?