Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please

forums poster

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Did I hear correctly that this was a sellout crowd for a minor league game? That doesn't happen too often. Hilarious team names probably a big part of that, imho.

social distanced sellout, so like 1600 people. but not bad honestly! it's like, the first live sports you can attend since March in North America pretty much

minor league (affiliated or independent) ball rules live. nothing like $10 seats and $5 tallboys and a free shirt for Garlson's Hyundai on Route 20 and fireworks after the game from a little launcher they put out in center

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG

more falafel please posted:

social distanced sellout, so like 1600 people. but not bad honestly! it's like, the first live sports you can attend since March in North America pretty much

minor league (affiliated or independent) ball rules live. nothing like $10 seats and $5 tallboys and a free shirt for Garlson's Hyundai on Route 20 and fireworks after the game from a little launcher they put out in center

I miss Daenerys Porkborn. :(

Joey McChrist

minor league baseball is really fun, just wish the MLB owners and commish weren't doing everything in their power to kill it :mad:

i miss going to shaw park for goldeyes games

more falafel please

forums poster

Joey McChrist posted:

minor league baseball is really fun, just wish the MLB owners and commish weren't doing everything in their power to kill it :mad:

i miss going to shaw park for goldeyes games

the goldeyes are in the same independent league as the Chicago dogs, but I think this season they're not playing in Winnipeg, presumably because of travel issues

BUG JUG

Let's go St. Paul Saints!

They are up 13-3 in the 9th so I think this one might be wrapped up.

凸[~*-_-*~]凸 BB Crew Sig Crew 凸[~*-_-*~]凸

Arrive on time for your flight crew

cda

by Hand Knit

baseball is the chillest sport

baseball is the greatest sport ever created and only tennis is even in the same league

nut

cda posted:

baseball is the greatest sport ever created and only tennis is even in the same league

this is blaspheme

nut

have u never seen someone dunk a ball? of course it is hard to catch because they typically bookend replays with 10 second snickers ads but

cda

by Hand Knit

nut posted:

have u never seen someone dunk a ball? of course it is hard to catch because they typically bookend replays with 10 second snickers ads but

Basketball is a good sport but it is not as good as the ones I mentioned. The most exciting basketball game of all time is not nearly as exciting as the most exciting baseball game or tennis match. Basketball is good for highlights though.

nut

cda posted:

Basketball is a good sport but it is not as good as the ones I mentioned. The most exciting basketball game of all time is not nearly as exciting as the most exciting baseball game or tennis match. Basketball is good for highlights though.

s.m.d.h. if u can't admit the supremacy of a game in which rules about fouls are so ambiguous that refs can literally just decide games and only feel guilty enough about all the fouls they gave out in the first half that they'll finally balance it out in the second when its too late for the losing team to benefit

nut

no, you have a weird relationship with your favourite sport

BUG JUG

Basketball is too capricious for me personally. Though so is football and hockey and soccer and baseball.....

more falafel please

forums poster

i'd like to get into following basketball but i don't have cable. i need to figure out an easy way to hook a computer up to my tv and do Crimes for it

cda

by Hand Knit
I forgot curling. Curling is top tier.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

baseball is the chillest sport

"Shoeless" Joe Jackson might disagree with you

cda

by Hand Knit
Is there another sport besides baseball where a manager can be ejected and then return to the dugout disguised with a fake mustache?

BUG JUG

cda posted:

Is there another sport besides baseball where a manager can be ejected and then return to the dugout disguised with a fake mustache?

I feel like that happened in soccer once. Jose mourhino got carded and came back.

Twenty Four

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

"Shoeless" Joe Jackson might disagree with you

He did seem to get the short end of the stick in the Black Sox scandal, but...

cda posted:

Or when a manager just decides they want to leave and tells an umpire "I'm tired of watching these guys play like garbage, I'm going to pretend to get mad and start yelling, please throw me out of here and put me out of my misery." lol

Prof. Crocodile

BUG JUG posted:

I feel like that happened in soccer once. Jose mourhino got carded and came back.

No fake mustache though. Let's not lose sight of what is important here.

Also, let's not forget how chill baseball was in the 1960's, as exemplified by Mickey Mantle.

cda

by Hand Knit
Lol

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
one of my all time favorite baseball moments was izzy alcantara kicking the catcher before rushing the mound. it was a minor league pawsox game but this, and many other legendary instances of douchebaggery, kept izzy from becoming a full time major leaguer despite his immense talent.

it was a incredibly unique strategy not seen in the game before or since :hai:

quote:

On July 3, 2001, after being brushed back a second time by Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Red Barons pitcher Blas Cedeño, Alcántara turned around, kicking catcher Jeremy Salazar, karate-style, in the mask before charging the mound, throwing an unsuccessful punch at Cedeño before turning around as other players joined the fight until he was tackled by Kevin Orie. The incident cost Alcántara a six-game suspension and his spot on the International League's All Star squad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izzy_Alc%E1ntara

Twenty Four

Prof. Crocodile posted:

No fake mustache though. Let's not lose sight of what is important here.

Also, let's not forget how chill baseball was in the 1960's, as exemplified by Mickey Mantle.

Luvcow posted:

one of my all time favorite baseball moments was izzy alcantara kicking the catcher before rushing the mound. it was a minor league pawsox game but this, and many other legendary instances of douchebaggery, kept izzy from becoming a full time major leaguer despite his immense talent.

lol

cda

by Hand Knit

Luvcow posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izzy_Alcántara

You think you've seen it all but then you see something new. Baseball.

cda

by Hand Knit
I've watched it like a dozen times now and it just gets funnier every time

Finger Prince

cda posted:

I forgot curling. Curling is top tier.

Oh yeah, curling is uber-tier. Scott tournament of hearts is like flipping a shark upside down or drawing a line in front of a chicken only for Canadians.

Chows

Luvcow posted:

Go Sox

FluffieDuckie

i'm the kind of fan who doesn't pay attention at all until one of the local teams starts doing really well and then i start yelling about how "we" won

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

BUG JUG

FluffieDuckie posted:

i'm the kind of fan who doesn't pay attention at all until one of the local teams starts doing really well and then i start yelling about how "we" won

That's a good fan!

Prof. Crocodile

FluffieDuckie posted:

Atlanta.txt

Twenty Four

Crossposting this from the "how to fix hair" thread, but, in the vein of funny baseball stuff, here's a reminder of how A's pitcher Mike Fiers shaved his beard for 1 game last year

more falafel please

forums poster

Twenty Four posted:

Crossposting this from the "how to fix hair" thread, but, in the vein of funny baseball stuff, here's a reminder of how A's pitcher Mike Fiers shaved his beard for 1 game last year

mike fiers was also instrumental in revealing the scandal about how

the astros cheated in the world series and still lost

Prof. Crocodile

mike fiers was also instrumental in revealing the scandal about how

the astros cheated in the world series and still lost

I mean yes one look at that beard and you can see he is a man of integrity

BUG JUG

I want that beard I am making that beard out of bees right now

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

BUG JUG posted:

I want that beard I am making that beard out of bees right now

Bee Your Own Beard

BUG JUG

Are they seriously going to make football happen this year? I hope not, it just doesn't seem safe! More so than usual!!!

BUG JUG

Double posting you can't stop me

My teams are doing things and winning games and signing 23 year old Russians and falling down in the outfield and destroying the last vestiges of their projected hall of fame careers. It's great. Sports is great.

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
2004 ALCS: Extremely Good™

BUG JUG

Also my EPL team got loving stomped by goddamn Bournemouth and are probably going to miss out on Europe next season and what the gently caress were you thinking sonoychu you dumbass why did you have to kick him while he was in the net????

But that's not chill for BYOB

awkwerd paws

weezy kiss baby on the lips in the rap city basement
picked the right year to not do my nets fan vip club thingy for the first time since like rutherford

Kd- Irving is not going to work out somehow

a凸[◣_◢]凸 unban Anne fraje fanfic a凸[◣_◢]凸 Summer FYA D 2022 a凸[◣_◢]凸 good bird byw hot cocoa on the couch

408419132479 #MarioKartTour #MarioKartTourPlayerID pm to join mario kart discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awkwerd paws

weezy kiss baby on the lips in the rap city basement
The as have always been the best at facial hair

a凸[◣_◢]凸 unban Anne fraje fanfic a凸[◣_◢]凸 Summer FYA D 2022 a凸[◣_◢]凸 good bird byw hot cocoa on the couch

408419132479 #MarioKartTour #MarioKartTourPlayerID pm to join mario kart discord