Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

I mean i totally feel you on that, it’s the first and only news thing ive ever subscribed to. But these dudes and dudettes were daily morning reading for me for years. its like having family back. Plus it combines two of my favorite things: sports and calling out unchill assholes

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG

Yeah I think it's not really a matter of if but more when, and if I want commenting privileges or not. Trying to figure out if I learned my lesson about paying to post from this dumb gay dead web forum.

Lock

yeah I didn't go for the comment tier. I have nothing good to offer, nor do 99% of any comment sections anywhere ever. I spare myself that torture.

it's nice to tell burneko that he has terrible takes sometimes. but twitter exists for a reason.

Lock

i feel disgusted cheering for the patriots but cam newton got a raw deal from the panthers

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Lock posted:

i feel disgusted cheering for the patriots but cam newton got a raw deal from the panthers

Hell, same

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Lock

not gonna lie i paid more attention to the blaseball happenings than football, for a few minutes at least

more falafel please

forums poster

the cubs #4? #5? starter Alec mills threw a no-hitter yesterday :3:

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

BUG JUG

i went for it and now its all i can read nice knowing you kids pour the petty dumb defector bullshit straight into my veins

YOU SHOW UP ON TIME FOR A FLIGHT WHICH MEANS YOU LEAVE EARLY

凸[~*-_-*~]凸 BB Crew Sig Crew 凸[~*-_-*~]凸

Arrive on time for your flight crew

BUG JUG

I AM ADJUSTING MY SIG FOR THIS

凸[~*-_-*~]凸 BB Crew Sig Crew 凸[~*-_-*~]凸

Arrive on time for your flight crew

Lock

welcome friend

BUG JUG

I mean we could just name some guys in this thread and it would be about the same tbh

Lock

oh hey IPL 2020 has started

if you dunno why some people like cricket, this is probably the best way to get introduced to it

BUG JUG

2020 is just guys going up and swinging for the fences 100% of the time right?

Lock

gotta entertain the cardboard cutouts somehow

BUG JUG

I enjoy cricket. I understand it MUCH better than rugby which makes zero sense to me, but yeah give me an ODI instead of 2020.

Mekchu

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The UFC 253 card tonight was amazing.

Twenty Four

I'm glad it actually happened, but this MLB season was rather disappointing and going to be filled with asterisks in the record books.

Hopefully the postseason will help redeem it somehow.

Joey McChrist

Mekchu posted:

The UFC 253 card tonight was amazing.

i cackled when izzy teabagged costa like he just fragged his rear end in halo

Mekchu

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joey McChrist posted:

i cackled when izzy teabagged costa like he just fragged his rear end in halo

I liked when he said "if i wanted a blackbelt I'd wrap my dick around my waist" after Costa's cringey weigh in antics throwing a white belt at Izzy

BUG JUG

18 losses in a row what's the longest regular season losing streak in mlb history let's wreck that too.

Prof. Crocodile

redbirds are up 6-3 on the padres, and i'm hoping they can make a good run at the ws without having to use their secret weapon getting teh covid

more falafel please

forums poster

a little sorry about all the Cardinals schadenfreude I gone and did (also the padres are just a super fun team) because Bob Gibson has passed

a good reminder that while I hate the Cardinals it's the laundry I hate, not the people. like when I was rooting for PR in the world baseball classic Yadi was the best. I still love dex, etc. and like Bob Gibson was good beyond measure. I mean Nolan Ryan and sandy Koufax and expansion probably had something to do with it but in 1968 Bob Gibson was so good they had to lower the mound. baseball has made major changes to the game on the field like 4 times and one of them was because Bob Gibson was so good it wasn't fair to the national league

rip to a real one, and go dads

more falafel please

forums poster

also I felt almost nothing watching the cubs be eliminated from the postseason. it's inevitable that the Ricketts will sell, not spend on the core that's basically all gone after next year, and try to Mets their way into contention one out of five years for the rest of my natural life

i still got to cry at the bar and hug everyone and stay up until 5 and take the next two days off and be part of the largest non-religious gathering of human beings in one place in history and at the end of the day that's what sports is

Lock

BUG JUG posted:

I enjoy cricket. I understand it MUCH better than rugby which makes zero sense to me, but yeah give me an ODI instead of 2020.

i mean to each their own but have you seen some of the run chases this week, because holy wow.

BUG JUG posted:

2020 is just guys going up and swinging for the fences 100% of the time right?

maybe, I'm just a dumb murican when it comes to the Queen's Games but 20/20 blows baseball outta the water, and I actually enjoy a bit of the baseball

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

BUG JUG posted:

please teach me whatever ancient voodoo magic you did to learn cricket because I've watched it and read all kidns of rules explanations and while I understand the basic components of the game, I can't sit there and watch a cricket match at all because I don't know what the fock is goin on

Lock

barnold posted:

please teach me whatever ancient voodoo magic you did to learn cricket because I've watched it and read all kidns of rules explanations and while I understand the basic components of the game, I can't sit there and watch a cricket match at all because I don't know what the fock is goin on

a home run =6points
a ground-rule double = 4 points
there are only 2 bases, and a batter on each base. each base is basically home plate.
There are no strikes or balls. If a bowl (pitch) hits the sticks behind the striker (batter), it's an out. If the ball is terribly behind or high on the striker, it's a run and the ball has to be re-pitched (bowled).
There are six pitches per inning (over), but a 'ball' -- poorly thrown ball -- results in an extra pitch (bowl).
If a striker (batter) hits a ball that doesn't reach the wall (boundary / rope), the two batters exchange sides as many times as they safely can. Each time is a run.
Strikers (batters) go until they're out.
Outs do not determine an inning (over). The number of pitches (bowls) does.
Catching the ball in the air, or hitting the sticks (wickets) when a runner is not behind the line in front of ''em is an out.
Ten outs, or after a predetermined number of bowls (depending on the flavor), and sides change.

hope that helps!

e: Also to the dude who doesn't get rugby, watch Sevens sometime. Sevens is AMAZING and the US actually has one of the best players in the world on their team. It ain't that hard to learn, I promise. I can do a drunk explanation of that too if you need.

Lock fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 3, 2020

Twenty Four

As someone who knows quite a bit about baseball, I get the gist of what's being said but I'm still confounded. I think the big difference is growing up with something versus trying to learn something in a post, as well written as it made be.

It might be one of those "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" sort of thing.

BUG JUG

Lock posted:

e: Also to the dude who doesn't get rugby, watch Sevens sometime. Sevens is AMAZING and the US actually has one of the best players in the world on their team. It ain't that hard to learn, I promise. I can do a drunk explanation of that too if you need.

Ok tbh I get the rules and all its just the tactics I don't understand. Why punt it when you have fifty yards of open space? Take some territory and then punt/let your team build up around behind you/take a shot at the sticks. And yet teams punt when they don't have to ALL THE TIME as far as I can tell.

Lock

possession is p big in sevens so they don't 'punt' v much, so I think that might help your frustrations. but by saying punt I think mayb eyou're like me and a bigger am. football fan than what those euro nations call footy.

I dunno, it seems like there's more expectation if you don't think you can score, than just kick the hell outta the ball and hope for better field position in rugby. Though the 'kickoff' / 'punt' rules make contesting for the ball more of a gamble I think, so maybe that's why?

BUG JUG

Lock posted:

possession is p big in sevens so they don't 'punt' v much, so I think that might help your frustrations. but by saying punt I think mayb eyou're like me and a bigger am. football fan than what those euro nations call footy.

I dunno, it seems like there's more expectation if you don't think you can score, than just kick the hell outta the ball and hope for better field position in rugby. Though the 'kickoff' / 'punt' rules make contesting for the ball more of a gamble I think, so maybe that's why?

I think it's why when america gets around to developing sport infrastructure for rugby they are just gonna steamroll competition. Imagine the athletes on an nfl team trained in rugby being told: well if you don't think you're gonna score just kick it away. What is this nonsense. Don't think we're gonna score. How do you know unless you try!

Ted lasso was for the wrong sport.

more falafel please

forums poster

BUG JUG posted:

I think it's why when america gets around to developing sport infrastructure for rugby they are just gonna steamroll competition. Imagine the athletes on an nfl team trained in rugby being told: well if you don't think you're gonna score just kick it away. What is this nonsense. Don't think we're gonna score. How do you know unless you try!

Ted lasso was for the wrong sport.

tell that to nfl coaches who punt on 4th and 1 when they're at like the opponent's 38 down 2 with 1:30 to go

Diorama

i remember when all this was fields

more falafel please posted:

tell that to nfl coaches who punt on 4th and 1 when they're at like the opponent's 38 down 2 with 1:30 to go

i'm not entirely convinced that you aren't having a joke at my expense here

more falafel please

forums poster

Diorama posted:

i'm not entirely convinced that you aren't having a joke at my expense here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9H9LwGmc-0&t=2987s

BUG JUG

That video is very triggering.

Twenty Four

The best thing about rooting for Tampa tonight is

1. They aren't actually playing in Tampa because their park is awful

2. Anyone against the Yankees

also just lol that the Padres and Dodgers are hosting games at their parks while they play out of state in Texas, weird times

more falafel please

forums poster

Twenty Four posted:

The best thing about rooting for Tampa tonight is

1. They aren't actually playing in Tampa because their park is awful

2. Anyone against the Yankees

also just lol that the Padres and Dodgers are hosting games at their parks while they play out of state in Texas, weird times

it's very weird. it's weird for Houston to be the "home team" in dodger stadium when they cheated their way to a World Series against the Dodgers not three years ago.

another reason to root for Tampa is that Jeff Sullivan works for them

didn't watch the tb/ny or la/sd games but disappointed in both outcomes.

Lock

anything secret base / bois-adjacent is a quality read/watch

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Lock posted:

a home run =6points
a ground-rule double = 4 points
there are only 2 bases, and a batter on each base. each base is basically home plate.
There are no strikes or balls. If a bowl (pitch) hits the sticks behind the striker (batter), it's an out. If the ball is terribly behind or high on the striker, it's a run and the ball has to be re-pitched (bowled).
There are six pitches per inning (over), but a 'ball' -- poorly thrown ball -- results in an extra pitch (bowl).
If a striker (batter) hits a ball that doesn't reach the wall (boundary / rope), the two batters exchange sides as many times as they safely can. Each time is a run.
Strikers (batters) go until they're out.
Outs do not determine an inning (over). The number of pitches (bowls) does.
Catching the ball in the air, or hitting the sticks (wickets) when a runner is not behind the line in front of ''em is an out.
Ten outs, or after a predetermined number of bowls (depending on the flavor), and sides change.

hope that helps!

okay now how do I parse something like this

like okay i understand the big number is the overall score but what's the slash? the number of "home runs"? what the hell is the number divided by slashes next to the "target"

Chewbecca

It's runs versus overs I'm pretty sure v:shobon:v

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

The target is the number they need to win