Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
thanks for sharing so much about ants I have a couple questions one you mentioned that the Queen's eat their wing muscles when they're ready to start a nest and I'm wondering if you mean like they na off chunks of their own body and eat it or if you mean they eat the muscle like we burn fat. The other one was you mentioned that ants don't have body temperature but that they're nest is warm and I was wondering how they do this. I know that some bees vibrate their wings to create heat in the winter and I'm wondering if the ants do that are if they have some other mechanism of creating heat. it seems like a massive expenditure of energy with caloric energy to vibrate all winter and burn all that energy when you're not bringing more food into the colonies especially when it's a young calling and there's a link to our five adult ants in addition to the queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU