Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

:kiddo:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

🎵 Please release me, let me goooo 🎵

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
RIP Thumbs. He had a long happy life and got lots of pets and treats.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

drowningidiot posted:

Awww, poor thumbs :(

Here's a love story.

This is Boots

My girlfriend and I picked her up from a shelter to be her kitty a couple years ago. She's always been very cute, very weird, and independent. She loves both me and my girlfriend and always has.

This is Rosie.

She's the love of my life, she was a Goon's cat and I rescued her when that Goon's roomates couldn't care for her anymore. She loves me almost exclusively, although she is willing to tolerate my GF after 3 years. She will not socialize with other animals no matter what techniques I try. She'll form a relationship where she has some territory and the other animal does not, but that's the best I've got. She slays smaller animals with impunity, and once caused a blackout in a large Seattle neighborhood when she chased a racoon up a power pole and it shorted the high-tension lines.

The problem is, Boots is in love with Rosie, she follows her around, imitates her, and when Rosie attacks her she rolls on her belly to show Rosie she's harmless. Her #2 desire in the world (after being let out and chasing birds) is to spend every second of her day with Rosie.

That's mostly due to pre-covid my GF lived apart from me, and traveled for work constantly, so Boots as a kitten would come over for kitty-sitting and terrorize Rosie. For about a year Boots got a brother, and he terrorized her instead, and didn't really see me or Rosie. Then in the last few months Boots and my GF moved in, and Boots has rekindled her romance with Rosie.

This is all leading to tonight, where I put this cat bed that Rosie peed in at some point in Boot's favorite sitting spot, and Boots loves it because she's loving weird and wants to sleep in whatever smells like Rosie

E: that first pic is Boots luxuriating on the scratching post I built for Rosie, and has like 5 years of Rosie hair ground into the carpet.

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 24, 2022

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

drowningidiot posted:

Love these pics. So sorry for your loss. He looks like he was a wonderful kitty. It's so hard losing a loved one :(

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I submit, for thread consideration: Lucy

https://imgur.com/a/tvbELiK

Lucy is ten. She likes to slowly walk in circles while chirping, she can purr while sucking on a particular piece of felt for hours, and she loves her (filthy) bath mat in the sunbeam that appears from 8:45-11:45am.

Maybe I can figure out the embed here.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

tuyop posted:

I submit, for thread consideration: Lucy

https://imgur.com/a/tvbELiK

Lucy is ten. She likes to slowly walk in circles while chirping, she can purr while sucking on a particular piece of felt for hours, and she loves her (filthy) bath mat in the sunbeam that appears from 8:45-11:45am.

Maybe I can figure out the embed here.

https://i.imgur.com/ovCWWc9.mp4
(right-click, "copy video address")

She looks so soft :kimchi:

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

YeahTubaMike posted:

https://i.imgur.com/ovCWWc9.mp4
(right-click, "copy video address")

She looks so soft :kimchi:

Thank you!

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Mxl9I5_1E

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Comrade kitty says it is up to all cat workers to stand together to seize the means of kibble production.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Offered without commentary:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Clarice is a helpful cat who likes to make sure things are in good shape around the kitchen

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

This is Newton. He's grown from a cute puppy to big moron.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Kirk Vikernes posted:

This is Newton. He's grown from a cute puppy to big moron.

Same Newton, same

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Captain Hygiene posted:

Clarice is a helpful cat who likes to make sure things are in good shape around the kitchen

:lol: these are great pics!

Post meal bath time
https://i.imgur.com/2NxB9El.mp4

Double duty at the vet for a check-up! Being there together seemed to make them more comfortable.

Always helping

Helping to pick out some new carriers

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Your great cats remind me a lot of Tom and Mimi, whose videos keep getting recommended to me by YouTube (which I'm fine with):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f29JrnApD0Q

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
My friend's happy little buddy Moko:

My snooty little princess Moka (no relation):

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Bonus Moko:

drk
Jan 16, 2005
There isnt much direct sun in the house in the morning this time of year, but there is a little bit...

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Moko isn't allowed in my friend's bed, so when I babysat him he had some "creative" ideas about human sleep

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Friends, it's that glorious time of year again!
Mantis Mania has come again!

We already have a designated 'special li'l guy' (it couldn't get loose from the ootheca, so we gave it a helping hand)

Prayzor Ramon!

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
when there's a squirrel in the backyard....

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous

This is Benedict, also known as Benny Boy, My Giant Baby, Mr. Man, and Lumpus.

I love him more than anything. He sleeps in bed with me, greets me at the door when I come home from work, and gives me constant forehead bonks when I’m trying to play Switch.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Lumpus looks and sounds like a wonderful kitty, and you sound like a great cat dad/mom. You two are lucky to have each other!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Also, Lumpus is an S-tier cat (nick)name.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

Here's one of my cats, Tarot, as he helps me enjoy Point Break.

This is Ouiji (spelling intentional due to copyright!!!), she doesn't go much besides scream at you and demand pets.

Finally, this is Charlie. She's an enemy to all cats but a total bro to all people. She'll show you her belly then bite the poo poo out of your hand when you touch it. Wouldn't have it any other way.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Caesar Saladin posted:

this can't be comfortable, right?

They have a spine or whateer that isn't connected their shoulders,
and this one has a fat head (no insult)

i bet it's super comfy.

Bismuth posted:

hes big and fluffy

Is that a rat?? That's a huge, fluffy rat

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

blight rhino posted:

They have a spine or whateer that isn't connected their shoulders
Wait what?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

blight rhino posted:

Is that a rat?? That's a huge, fluffy rat

Yeah hes a big fluffy rat who likes to make sure i can only type with one hand

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Not sure if I posted in here before but this is Pennywise! I didn't even name him, the shelter did! I got him last November.

I'm a bit unkempt in this pic so bear with me. He sits up against me like this all the time. Just plops there, hugs my arm, and leans on me. :3:

He's almost 9 months old now and he's a pistol. A bit naughty yet. He is SUPER needy. He needs to be by me at almost all times and he loves to snuggle a lot. First thing in the morning, I get up, feed him, sit down on my couch and he jumps up on me and we cuddle and rub our faces together for a few minutes. He misses me after being alone all night because I don't let him sleep with me. That was a mistake I won't repeat twice.

This is my favorite pic of him. I took it just a week or so after I got him. He's about 3-4 months old here.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 1, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Not sure if I posted in here before but this is Pennywise! I didn't even name him, the shelter did! I got him last November.

I'm a bit unkempt in this pic so bear with me. He sits up against me like this all the time. Just plops there, hugs my arm, and leans on me. :3:

He's almost 9 months old now and he's a pistol. A bit naughty yet. He is SUPER needy. He needs to be by me at almost all times and he loves to snuggle a lot. First thing in the morning, I get up, feed him, sit down on my couch and he jumps up on me and we cuddle and rub our faces together for a few minutes. He misses me after being alone all night because I don't let him sleep with me. That was a mistake I won't repeat twice.

This is my favorite pic of him. I took it just a week or so after I got him. He's about 3-4 months old here.

That's a cute cat, I always love seeing pictures showing how cats grow up over their first year or so :3:

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Is that a picture of you and the cat on the wall behind you, and are you wearing the same shirt in both pics?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Got this guy a bit ago since out cat poose died last year. This guy is a purr machine but oddly enough doesn't enjoy hats like the one he's wearing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Is that a picture of you and the cat on the wall behind you, and are you wearing the same shirt in both pics?

I had to double check because it looked like it but no, I'm wearing a sweater in the pic. My aunt got that for me this Christmas, just a month after I got Penny.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Find someone who looks at you the way Pennywise looks at Pennywise

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
Pepsi (left) & Price (right) checking out the birds!

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

This is Sam, she is famous for murdering magsafe connectors and anything that moves in the house. She's very very tiny, kitten forever sized at 5 pounds.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Autodrop Monteur posted:

Pepsi (left) & Price (right) checking out the birds!

Do they "bark" or make that chattery chirpy noise at them too? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Powerful Katrinka posted:

this is what real art looks like