Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
2-5 - Relic Ruins

It's a bad level. It's a boring level. It's a bad, boring level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
The music is "Lorenzen's Soil / ISO 9001" from Earthworm Jim 2, which the CD audio version remains one of my favorite video game songs.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I remember this as also, yeah, being a level I felt sucked. The large chambers themselves are fine, but labyrinthine underwater mazes while limited by a "breath" meter? gently caress that. Additionally it was one of the few levels I managed to get lost in, because of how same-y the quicksand access areas looked.

As for suggestions on how to "fix" it, I'd completely scrap the "underwater" parts. Open it up into a free-exploring cave in the same way as some later zones are semi-free explore ones, so that rather than being linear, you could tackle each chamber of the cave in the order you prefer.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I'd think a temple level would be a Relic shoe-in for a desert themed world, but this mostly looks like a bunch of boring, brown caves.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

DoubleNegative posted:

I have capital-O opinions about mazes in classic first person shooters, but those can wait for my inevitable Wolfenstein 3D LP.

Oh, lord. I had the print guide of that game as a kid--even just looking at the map of the mazes, they were ridiculous.