Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

My dad told me that the jobbers Undertaker put in bodybags really died.

Way to traumatise the poo poo out of a 7 year old, dad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

I was told the blood was ketchup, I found out that was bullshit when I was 10 and RVD nailed Spike Dudley with a horrendous chair shot right in front of me at an ECW house show and blood splattered all over my entire row.

I'm sure I've told this story before, but my dad loving hated wrestling and when I got really into it around 97/98 it straight-up offended him, and he set out on a mission to get me to stop that led to his demand we watch the network special EXPOSED! PRO-WRESTLING'S GREATEST SECRETS together so I could see exactly how dumb and fake all of it was and how stupid you'd have to be to think otherwise.

And the hour that followed was his increasing bafflement over "wait, they just land on wood?" and "the chairs are real?" and most notably "JESUS CHRIST, THEY CUT THEMSELVES WITH RAZORBLADES?" culminating in his coming away from it with enough newfound respect for the poo poo they put themselves through that he wound up taking me to wrestling shows because he wanted to see it in person.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

CarlCX posted:

I'm sure I've told this story before, but my dad loving hated wrestling and when I got really into it around 97/98 it straight-up offended him, and he set out on a mission to get me to stop that led to his demand we watch the network special EXPOSED! PRO-WRESTLING'S GREATEST SECRETS together so I could see exactly how dumb and fake all of it was and how stupid you'd have to be to think otherwise.

And the hour that followed was his increasing bafflement over "wait, they just land on wood?" and "the chairs are real?" and most notably "JESUS CHRIST, THEY CUT THEMSELVES WITH RAZORBLADES?" culminating in his coming away from it with enough newfound respect for the poo poo they put themselves through that he wound up taking me to wrestling shows because he wanted to see it in person.

That's hilarious. My step dad and I had a strained relationship and he used to make fun of me for my love of wrestling a lot, kinda bullying (we're cool now though) but he actually got into it because of Goldberg and he legit marked out when he beat Hogan on Nitro. He then pretended like it never happened the day after I think he was embarrassed for liking it but it was genuine in that moment. I think he catches a match or two every now and again, last time we hung out I told him about AEW and he was cool with the idea of it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
At in your house they Gave away a house. Which they might’ve actually done one time?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

At in your house they Gave away a house. Which they might’ve actually done one time?

They did https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-in-your-house-winner-interview

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
That fabulous moolah held a belt for twenty years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

WWF is fake but WCW is real. Later I remember people saying WWF and WCW were fake but ECW and Japanese wrestling is real.