Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

I was told the blood was ketchup, I found out that was bullshit when I was 10 and RVD nailed Spike Dudley with a horrendous chair shot right in front of me at an ECW house show and blood splattered all over my entire row.

I'm sure I've told this story before, but my dad loving hated wrestling and when I got really into it around 97/98 it straight-up offended him, and he set out on a mission to get me to stop that led to his demand we watch the network special EXPOSED! PRO-WRESTLING'S GREATEST SECRETS together so I could see exactly how dumb and fake all of it was and how stupid you'd have to be to think otherwise.

And the hour that followed was his increasing bafflement over "wait, they just land on wood?" and "the chairs are real?" and most notably "JESUS CHRIST, THEY CUT THEMSELVES WITH RAZORBLADES?" culminating in his coming away from it with enough newfound respect for the poo poo they put themselves through that he wound up taking me to wrestling shows because he wanted to see it in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU