Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
I'd heard the site had gone the way of Tumblr in its weirdly regressive virtue-signalling neoliberalism, but this just takes the cake. Furry is a fetish, it's purely a sex thing. Two gay dudes or two lesbians have a relationship outside of sex, it's their orientation, not just a kink. Hell, you can condition fetishes into people or cure fetishes, you can't convert people's sexual orientation. Homosexuality has been conflated with fetishes by conservatives forever, now it seems like liberals are doing the same thing but saying it's okay. It's also a creepy fetish for children's media and imagery, normal gay people are just into adults of the opposite sex, so it's nothing like that. And for that they're criminalised in 70 countries and stuck in asylum detention centres after fleeing persecution, so this poo poo is important. The only problem furries face is people making fun of them, and if they can't handle that, they shouldn't tell everyone on the internet about their fetish.

I've been on SA less and less recently but I swear every time I look at it it gets more backward, anti-materialist and homophobic while pretending it's progressive and left-wing. If it's not throwing the word "queer" around like it's going out of style, or calling lesbians and transsexuals terfs for not validating some straight dude's catgirl fetish, it's refusing to look at any evidence of abuse by mods or staff because it's hosted on the chans, Kiwi Farms, some problematic subreddit or some other site we don't like. It's like nobody learned after Aatrek and Shmorky, who could say all the right buzzwords and "progressive" shibboleths to avoid being cancelled while they were guilty of horrific abuse. I'll take people who genuinely mean well but use clumsy language over nonces, homophobes and wifebeaters hip to the woke lingo any day. I do hope the site recovers one day, but it's in an absolute state right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU