Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's time for the 17th Annual PSP/Fight Island DUMBEST WRESTLER AWARD!

Most of you know the rules so I will recap them briefly:

Wrestling is full of stupid people so we only want the most idiotic, ignorant buffoons in the business! Wrestlers must have competed within the previous year to qualify!

The current nominees:

Austin Aries:

Currently making sure to #AskQuestions about masks, previously about the Boston Marathon Bombings. Recently got worked into appearing on TMZ to look like a dumbass. Also admitting he was lying about Dave never asking him for comment on stories about him, but being too stupid to realize he did so.

https://twitter.com/AustinAries/status/1278748600038649857

https://twitter.com/AustinAries/status/1278320646125060097

Low Ki

Fighting back against masking, previously spent time getting kicked out of every company.

https://twitter.com/OneWorldWarrior/status/1279228034034413571

https://twitter.com/OneWorldWarrior/status/1277642066680598530

AJ Styles:

Rumored to be the talent who believes that the pandemic is "a big work." Is constantly made fun of back stage for being a flat Earther and for being such an ignorant, bigoted dumbass. Too stupid even for Randy Orton to take seriously.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/06/randy-orton-talks-ribbing-aj-styles-for-being-a-flat-earther-671289/

Kane:

Also fighting against masking, but since he is an elected official he can kind of do something about it. Was the only official in his town to vote against a mask requirement. Told the press he was doing Crown Jewel because he didn't know if Khashoggi was alive or dead so it was unfair to act like he was murdered.

The floor is open, please nominate your own dummies or provide more evidence for why these are the most bird brained wrestlers out there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ricochet just cause he actually thinks things will get better for him in WWE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aries and Low Ki are probably technically speaking dumber, but I think Kane deserves to be considered dumbest purely because as noted he is far more dangerous, since he is an elected official with at least some level of ability to actually dictate policy that will kill people.

Ricochet for sure should be included. Seth Rollins too for being dumb enough to keep doubling down trying to dig himself out of being so hyper-sensitive about nobodies dunking on him?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Seth Rollins and Will Ospreay

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
HHH’s magic cleaning fluid or whatever that thing was.

e: missed the clause in the rules about competing my bad!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Karmine posted:

HHH’s magic cleaning fluid or whatever that thing was.

e: missed the clause in the rules about competing my bad!

The rules are a little bit of a joke my friend, you can post whoever you like!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

TJP

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Ronda Rousey was a Sandy Hook truther in 2013
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...-video.amp.html

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Are we just doing people who are maliciously dumb or just dumb in general? Because Kota Ibushi has to rank up there

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Are we just doing people who are maliciously dumb or just dumb in general? Because Kota Ibushi has to rank up there

Yeah, I was going to bring him up too since he's so intent on damaging his brain. Disco Inferno is also an absolute dunderhead, both for his booking ideas and his evaluations of talent.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
I think we determined that Jeff Jarrett vs. Jimmy Snuka (with Chris Benoit as referee) from WCW was "Match with the Most Assholes"

What would be the equivalent "Match with the Most Idiots"?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Kota is a complete idiot but he is generally only a danger to himself and sometimes Naito

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Val Venis, for mostly the same reasons as Kane

https://mobile.twitter.com/ValVenisEnt/status/1275449726867894277

his twitter is ultra sketchy but Bryan Alvarez tweeted it out in 2013 so i guess it's legit

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Kota Ibushi is absolutely my pick.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Reality Protester posted:

his twitter is ultra sketchy but Bryan Alvarez tweeted it out in 2013 so i guess it's legit

He's very dumb, he used to do videos where he would barge into Post Offices to assert his right as a sovereign citizen to do so. I imagine he will do the same soon on masks. But his personal life is also hilarious.

https://twitter.com/ValVenisEnt/status/1278919509273767936

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/shanekse85/status/890348809271877632?s=20

wouldn't trust kota to give me directions but he doesn't deserve to be lumped in with those guys. can't find the original tweet but it apparently sincerely happened

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sunny should definitely be considered for her last month

Implied Hana was weak for committing suicide

Was racist during the Black Lives Matter protests and doubled down on it

Joked about giving coronavirus to people, while making fun of Ashley Massaro for 1) having sex and 2) being dead by suicide

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Seth Rollins deserves an also receiving votes kind of appearance for being so bad at social media that he wrecked his babyface appeal and got clowned by Will Ospreay.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Sytch seems less 'dumb' and more 'heartless'.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 4, 2020

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Does Vince count

Ratings have been steadily collapsing for nearly 20 years now despite his continued insistence that his next approved poo poo idea will bring them back

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nut Bunnies posted:

Does Vince count

Ratings have been steadily collapsing for nearly 20 years now despite his continued insistence that his next approved poo poo idea will bring them back

Has worked out pretty well for him financially. He's just evil.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Has worked out pretty well for him financially. He's just evil.

Vince has to be eyeing the big networks opting out of the big sports contracts with fear as the Smackdown ratings continue to underperform in the key demo though

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Reality Protester posted:

Someone in another thread mentioned how much Aries looked like Val in his video and I didn't think much of it, but holy poo poo Val looks like Aries in this tweet.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Kota Ibushi is definitely very dumb, but he is dumb in a wholesome and endearing way instead of the rear end in a top hat dipshit style preferred by most candidates for the throne of the dumbest.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Antonio Honda getting himself cancelled and losing all the good will he'd been building up through ChocoPro by becoming a QAnon and tweeting out that George Floyd's murder was a false flag operation and the cop that killed him was an actor from the TV show Taxi. He is also a member of a yoga cult that is a front for a Hindu Nationalist grifter in India.

It's one kind of dumb to get wrapped up in your own country's bullshit nationalist conspiracy theories. It's a whole new level of dumb to become entangled in two separate foreign country's bullshit nationalist conspiracy theories.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Scott Steiner, the ryback

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Antonio Honda getting himself cancelled and losing all the good will he'd been building up through ChocoPro by becoming a QAnon and tweeting out that George Floyd's murder was a false flag operation and the cop that killed him was an actor from the TV show Taxi. He is also a member of a yoga cult that is a front for a Hindu Nationalist grifter in India.

It's one kind of dumb to get wrapped up in your own country's bullshit nationalist conspiracy theories. It's a whole new level of dumb to become entangled in two separate foreign country's bullshit nationalist conspiracy theories.

Now that's a good one.

Vampiro definitely fits for his Guardian Angel adventures and various incredibly dumb lies about it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Any wrestlers who, after having a bad experience with New Jack, decides to have another match with New Jack

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

the cop that killed him was an actor from the TV show Taxi.
wait what?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Ospreay is dumb to the point people treat him like he is an above average intelligent dog. Although sometimes I wonder how dumb he actually is because he managed to integrate himself into CHAOS fine

Lots of dumbos struggle to understand Japan has different cultural expectations. Ospreay isn't dumb enough to wear something njpw management specifically told him not to by just wearing it and hiding until his match...unlike others already named

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

the qanon thing is saying the killer cop is actually the host of the US cash cab game show that takes place inside a taxi

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I nominate Shad Gaspard, JTG's tag team partner for everything in JTG's book

quote:

The moment he'd been waiting for arrived. We bumped into "The Game" himself. "Wow, Shad, you look sharp," said the Cerebral Assassin. What happened next? My boy, my homie, Shad Gaspard completely froze! Shad now had three options:
  1. say "Thank you"
  2. return the compliment
  3. kiss a li'l rear end and make small talk

But no, my partner choose-
  • tell your higher up "I'm wearing this suit just to impress you. I guess this is what it feels like to sell out."

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Fuckin' really?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Aesculus posted:

At least we've managed to identify the dumbest poster on this here subforum.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Aesculus posted:

cool

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bryan Alvarez

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's cliche at this point, but everything Matt Striker says is just so goddamn dumb. He's another QAnon believer, and he even dropped a reference on LU commentary once.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yeah, seconding this because it was -so- profoundly stupid.

Aesculus posted:

Please get out.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Aesculus posted:

Considering how Vince seems to respect people who stand up to him more, if HHH had ever relayed it to him it may have worked out well for Shad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Another one for the list has to be Cody Hall. The guy is 6'7" and the son of a legend so he should have had the easiest wrestling career ever. Instead he's been kicked out of three separate wrestling promotions in Japan for attitude issues and for not bothering to improve, most recently being fired from DDT for tweeting a racist joke about coronavirus to Chris Dickinson.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1226686048085798917?s=19

Along the way he managed to seriously injure a wrestler in France and tweet afterwards about how soft wrestlers are, get involved in an incident where fellow jackass Bram was kicked out of NOAH for climbing into an ice cream freezer in a convenience store and spend a lot of time pn Twitter criticising the technique of infinitely superior wrestlers who he claimed not to know of from Masaaki Mochizuki to Joe Doering, and on a personal note embarrass me deeply by shouting across packed merchandise areas poo poo like "hey, aren't you gonna come say hi" and "it's me Cody Hall" and "I'm selling merch" because I happened to be the sole foreigner in the room