Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Oh Cody. How many more chances will this big lug get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
It says something really that WWE have never seemed to show any interest in the six foot seven son of Scott Hall; that sort of thing is usually right up their street.

e: The Mochizuki and Joe Doering stories are really dumb. He went on a rampage about how Mochizuki's kicks were those of an amateur and later admitted that he didn't know who Masaaki Mochizuki is - at the time he'd been wrestling at a high level for like 20 years. He saw a gif of a Joe Doering crossbody and dismissed him as an "amateur" - at the time Doering was Triple Crown champion and an All Japan main eventer while Cody Hall was very low down in NOAH.

IceAgeComing fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jul 4, 2020

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
The story someone on here posted recently about John Kronus getting mugged has gotta rank him right up there. (Can't remember the exact details sorry.)

Twice the man and half the brain Sid. Was that story about him putting a ferret down his trousers true or an urban myth?

Hardcore Holly intentionally sandbagging Brock loving Lesnar has to put him into contention.

Also Daniel Bryan and Mick Foley for sacrificing way too many brain cells in pursuit of their dreams when they could have easily toned things down to protect themselves a bit more.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Aesculus posted:

I nominate Shad Gaspard, JTG's tag team partner for everything in JTG's book

This just makes him cool

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Aesculus posted:

If this was Dumbest (In A Fun Way) Wrestler, maybe. As-is, it feels weird enough mentioning Kota Ibushi in this thread when he is, objectively, a colossal dumbass.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Lurks With Wolves posted:

If this was Dumbest (In A Fun Way) Wrestler, maybe. As-is, it feels weird enough mentioning Kota Ibushi in this thread when he is, objectively, a colossal dumbass.

This is one of my favourite kota being a dumbass in a fun way moment

https://twitter.com/Dunnwwe/status/841133646870380546?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aesculus posted:

I am assuming 100% that you just somehow are completely unaware of Shad's recent death and just how horrible what you posted looks in that context, because if not I cannot conceive of why anybody would choose to make a post like this.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's possible they also didn't realize the dumbest wrestler is painted in a very negative light as opposed to a lighthearted one. if someone asked you who the dumbest wrestler was without the context of the OP you might tell them it was ibushi and then regale them with wonderful stories about that dumb lovable fuckerman. But the OP exists, as do the other posts. so it might be impossible instead of possible, or somewhere in the middle. anyway it wasn't a good thing to read. I needed to get my two cents in about it to feel like one of the gang

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hoss Corncave posted:

Considering how Vince seems to respect people who stand up to him more, if HHH had ever relayed it to him it may have worked out well for Shad.

There were stories that as soon as Cryme Tyme debuted, Vince was looking to split them up and push Shad.

Saul Goode posted:

Hardcore Holly intentionally sandbagging Brock loving Lesnar has to put him into contention.

Didn't both Holly and Brock come out and say that there was no sandbagging, but just a freak accident?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Saul Goode posted:

The story someone on here posted recently about John Kronus getting mugged has gotta rank him right up there. (Can't remember the exact details sorry.)

Zombie Lemur posted:

My favorite Saturn story was about when someone tried to rob him and Kronus. Apparently after the dude pulled a gun Kronus stuck his fingertip in the barrel and after a few awkward seconds the dude took off. After the guy was gone Saturn asked Kronus what the gently caress he was thinking and the exchange went something like:

"You know, you plug up the gun so it explodes..."
"Like in Bugs Bunny, John?"
"Yeah!"
"You know that poo poo doesn't work in real life, right?"
"I know that, but I didn't know if he'd know that!"
"Do you have any idea how loving stupid someone would have to be to believe that?"
"Do you have any idea how loving stupid someone would have to be to try to rob two guys that look like us?"

bartok
May 10, 2006

Jeff Hardy seems pretty dumb but more in a self destructive way.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sid Eudy and YOSHI-HASHI

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bray Wyatt and Curtis Axel are both flat earth and reptilian believers.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Ibushi is dumb but no more dumb than any deathmatch wrestler. that is to say, still very dumb, but in a pro wrestling, not taking care of your body sort of way that gets excused in this business.

Kronus always had a rep of being slow, simple, not sharp, etc. I dont know what was going on in that brain of his but it feels like a different kind of dumb. Kronus was cool though. 6'4" 250lbs and could do a space flying tiger drop. died at only 38 :smith:

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Davros1 posted:

There were stories that as soon as Cryme Tyme debuted, Vince was looking to split them up and push Shad.
I can't begin to imagine why.

Davros1 posted:

Didn't both Holly and Brock come out and say that there was no sandbagging, but just a freak accident?
Pretty sure this is the case. I'm definitely sure that Holly has said that if he had intentionally sandbagged him, Brock would have still been able to lift him for the powerbomb and it was just a random accident how it happened.

Also, can we add Moose to the list. There was something really dumb that he said (which I'm sure isn't a surprise to anyone) years ago that I forget now, but it did lead to a bunch of replies with the hashtag #moosequestions which were really funny. Hopefully someone here remembers what it was.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Hoss Corncave posted:

I can't begin to imagine why.

Pretty sure this is the case. I'm definitely sure that Holly has said that if he had intentionally sandbagged him, Brock would have still been able to lift him for the powerbomb and it was just a random accident how it happened.

Also, can we add Moose to the list. There was something really dumb that he said (which I'm sure isn't a surprise to anyone) years ago that I forget now, but it did lead to a bunch of replies with the hashtag #moosequestions which were really funny. Hopefully someone here remembers what it was.

Pretty sure it was flat earthin' too.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Moose is an aggressively stupid man and also a domestic abuser

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Ibushi's level of dumb is on the endearing anime protagonist scale of Goku or Monkey D Luffy who don't know or care about anything that doesn't directly impact them at that very second.

The big stories about Ibushi that haven't been mentioned yet are:

When arriving for the first CWC in WWE, he got lost literally within 15 minutes of landing in Florida and it took an hour to find out where he had wandered off to
He gave a high five to Vince McMahon without having any idea of who Vince was or what he looked like
After being told he'd be banned from one of the biggest arenas in Japan for jumping off the balcony, he decided to moonsault off the balcony and faced a lifetime ban until NJPW convinced them to reduce it to a 1 year ban
There was a scandal where Japanese tabloids caught him with a prostitute. When asked about it he just shrugged and said he had fun
He would regular practice landing on his neck from the top rope in DDT to make it stronger
He said he hates reading books because they force images into his brain
He turned down his first NJPW contract to wrestle in front of 30 people for Kaiju Big Battel

In the real world, Ibushi is apparently the heir to a massive multi-million dollar family. He doesn't care about money or status, he just does whatever he thinks is fun

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Am I misremembering or wasn't it a male sex-worker he was caught with as well?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kota's level of dumb is fun and hasn't hurt anyone so it really does disqualify him from this list

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kota being astoundingly dumb is a work but his shoot level of intelligence is not much higher

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gaz-L posted:

Am I misremembering or wasn't it a male sex-worker he was caught with as well?
It was a trans-female sex worker (I hate using this term, but "Ladyboy") which is why it was a big deal in Japanese media. But because Ibushi really did not loving care it's hard to even find clips about it

Good on him though, people tried to make a huge deal about it at the time and he just brushed it off.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Kota's level of dumb is fun and hasn't hurt anyone

It's definitely hurt him, between the injuries, the 1 year ban, and him losing money and wallets multiple times getting lost. I agree it's not as bad or as damaging to Others

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

if we're expanding this beyond the OP's criteria, then Buddy Landel smokes most of the guys listed

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Is there a reason why noted piece of poo poo moron Chris Jericho has not been nominated by anybody

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

No. The thread is on-going and I expect upwards of 5 names to be added before all is said and done

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I nominate the TNA audience

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Gumball Gumption posted:

You are thinking of Bo Dallas. Bray's real life brother.

Curtis Axel is a fine upstanding young fellow, as far as I know. Though because he is a 2nd generation wrestler, I am probably wrong.)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Bray skipping out on child support to buy Jojo ponies is all time dumb guy move.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Can I skirt the rules a bit and nominate Tito Ortiz? He wrestled for TNA and fought Alberto Del Rio last year which I think counts as wrestling

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BrigadierSensible posted:

Curtis Axel is a fine upstanding young fellow, as far as I know. Though because he is a 2nd generation wrestler, I am probably wrong.)

Third generation

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

MassRafTer posted:

Bray skipping out on child support to buy Jojo ponies is all time dumb guy move.

I have a particular dislike of deadbeat dads, so yeah Bray is a good nominee.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 5, 2020

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Fentry posted:

Can I skirt the rules a bit and nominate Tito Ortiz? He wrestled for TNA and fought Alberto Del Rio last year which I think counts as wrestling

Del Rio himself is a really DUMB guy.

Think of how many bridges he's burned. I at least understand why he slapped the racist WWE employee, but everything else....yikes.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Alberto is a literal rapist and probably shouldn't be eligible for this

We might need a more specific definition of "dumb" otherwise we'd just nominate a bunch of actual criminals and this becomes the NY64 all over again

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Looks like Val Venis wrapped this one up.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Oh wow yeah that easily wraps it up for Val

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Anyway how about some more Japanese guys, non-Ibushi edition (who's clearly playing up his dumbness as a public persona) -- TAKA Michinoku for getting caught cheating on his wife and basically getting fired from his own promotion.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

You are thinking of Bo Dallas. Bray's real life brother.

You're right, I confused who was related to who. And yeah, the pony is dumb in a very different way. Also the names of his kids.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Captain New Japan/Original Bone Soldier getting fired from New Japan cause of gambling issues has to be up there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also extremely dumb: Matt Sydal getting caught with synthetic when anyone with half a brain knows how strict Japan's drug laws are. Got banned from the country and lost a cushy New Japan spot over it.