Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jericho is to pro wrestling what Ben Carson is to brain surgery. Unparalleled brilliance in his field, a completely idiotic poo poo-rear end outside of it.
Actually I'm only working on stuff I've heard in the past and have half-forgotten; does anybody have examples of Jericho being 'dumb'? I don't know if giving a platform to idiots that should absolutely not be heard on his podcast is 'dumb' per se.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Jericho is to pro wrestling what Ben Carson is to brain surgery. Unparalleled brilliance in his field, a completely idiotic poo poo-rear end outside of it.
Actually I'm only working on stuff I've heard in the past and have half-forgotten; does anybody have examples of Jericho being 'dumb'? I don't know if giving a platform to idiots that should absolutely not be heard on his podcast is 'dumb' per se.

Go listen to his podcast about how the AEW belt was stolen

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

ChrisBTY posted:

... I mean, letting conspiracy theorists, COVID truthers, and Literally Donald Trump Jr. appear on his very popular and influential podcast is really loving dumb regardless of what he actually believes.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

If the government hadn't explicitly banned concerts, Jericho would have continued his tour because coronavirus is 'mass hysteria'.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Benne posted:

Anyway how about some more Japanese guys, non-Ibushi edition (who's clearly playing up his dumbness as a public persona) -- TAKA Michinoku for getting caught cheating on his wife and basically getting fired from his own promotion.
I'm 100% confident that Ibushi isn't acting or kayfabing, he is just really weird.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Captain New Japan/Original Bone Soldier getting fired from New Japan cause of gambling issues has to be up there

Isnt that code for 'owes money to the yakuza', though?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I'm 100% confident that Ibushi isn't acting or kayfabing, he is just really weird.

:agreed:

Benne posted:

... I mean, letting conspiracy theorists, COVID truthers, and Literally Donald Trump Jr. appear on his very popular and influential podcast is really loving dumb regardless of what he actually believes.

Also on his conspiracy theorist podcast with Bo he straight up said he doesn't think we've ever been on the moon

(Bo called that out immediately as dumb, saying he believes we've been on the moon, it was only the first landing that was faked)

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Kota Ibushi is clearly a himbo and not eligible for this thread

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chris James 2 posted:

(Bo called that out immediately as dumb, saying he believes we've been on the moon

:hellye

Chris James 2 posted:

it was only the first landing that was faked)
Goddammit :negative:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

IceAgeComing posted:

He went on a rampage about how Mochizuki's kicks were those of an amateur and later admitted that he didn't know who Masaaki Mochizuki is - at the time he'd been wrestling at a high level for like 20 years.
Anyone who disrespects Karate Robot Mochi is no friend of mine. :colbert:

bartok posted:

Jeff Hardy seems pretty dumb but more in a self destructive way.
He's tanked some pretty big angles/matches/feuds by being an idiot, so I'd say he counts. When you screw up like he does, it affects everyone who writes for him, books him, wrestles him, and he also becomes a liability.

One of my favorite Punk things was after Jeff's contract expired and he immediately got arrested for a ton of pills, and straight-edge preaching Punk just came out the next week and said "I told you so. Don't buy his DVD."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

He's tanked some pretty big angles/matches/feuds by being an idiot, so I'd say he counts. When you screw up like he does, it affects everyone who wrote for him, wrestles with him, and he also becomes a liability.

One of my favorite Punk things was after Jeff's contract expired and he immediately got arrested for a ton of pills, and straight-edge preaching Punk just came out the next week and said "I told you so. Don't buy his DVD."

If Jeff had been in the ring with anybody but Sting, that Victory Road probably ends a lot worse. I always thought Sting handled that very well, especially with how pissed he obviously was

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I nominate Brandon Schaub as his brand of dumb would have just gotten people killed.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i wanted to make a token Davey Richards nomination but it looks like he's actually stayed retired and hasn't wrestled in 3 years

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

Anyway how about some more Japanese guys, non-Ibushi edition (who's clearly playing up his dumbness as a public persona) -- TAKA Michinoku for getting caught cheating on his wife and basically getting fired from his own promotion.

TAKA was also using his promotion's LINE account to try to flirt with women messaging him to buy tickets and told one of them that Suzuki-gun was played out and sucked as a faction which she immediately tweeted about.

Also he's running JTO using his own personal bank account instead of a separate business bank account like every other promotion here but I don't know enough about running a business to know if that's bad.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Anyone who disrespects Karate Robot Mochi is no friend of mine. :colbert:

He's tanked some pretty big angles/matches/feuds by being an idiot, so I'd say he counts. When you screw up like he does, it affects everyone who writes for him, books him, wrestles him, and he also becomes a liability.

An overlooked favorite promo segment of mine is Punk saying to Jeff

"You know how many drug tests I've failed, Jeff? Zero. You know how many times I've been suspended for drug use, Jeff? Zero.

And do know what your chances are for beating me this Sunday? Zero. "

That feud was great, although putting Jeff in promo segments with Punk was like feeding Marko Stunt to Wanderlei Silva in a shoot fight.

JOHN CENA posted:

i wanted to make a token Davey Richards nomination but it looks like he's actually stayed retired and hasn't wrestled in 3 years

Wonder how much of this is people being done with him for being a flake. Dumbass no showed a NJPW show (think it might have been WK)

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 5, 2020

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i think if youre going to rule out actual criminals because they are contemptible for their behaviour, that you should also rule out people with obvious substance and addiction issues out of compassion. that isn't them being dumb, that's someone that needs help. imo

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Benne posted:

Also extremely dumb: Matt Sydal getting caught with synthetic when anyone with half a brain knows how strict Japan's drug laws are. Got banned from the country and lost a cushy New Japan spot over it.

Isn’t that basically what happened to him in WWE as well? Regular weed was just a fine, but synthetic pot was a full blown strike under the wellness policy, if I recall correctly, which ultimately resulted in his termination. Like, that’s some dumb poo poo. Just smoke real weed and you’ll keep your job, that’s a pretty easy win-win scenario in my mind.

Also this reminds me of some other dumb poo poo: Rob Van Dam

Motherfucker was one of the very first people to go over John Cena at the peak of the SuperCena push, wins his first WWE title (while already ECW champ) in a crazy-memorable match, and then he loses it all a few weeks later when him and Sabu get busted smoking pot while driving to the next town. That’s some dumb poo poo.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Trent? of Best Friends has never filed for or paid his taxes, and likely owes the government shitloads of money. I think it's safe to add him to our Dumbass list, although much like Ibushi his stupidity is mostly charming and non-malicious.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CombineThresher posted:

Trent? of Best Friends has never filed for or paid his taxes, and likely owes the government shitloads of money. I think it's safe to add him to our Dumbass list, although much like Ibushi his stupidity is mostly charming and non-malicious.

Depends on why. I hear 'wrestler' and 'doesn't pay taxes' and my mind immediately goes to Val Venis/Kane territory.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gaz-L posted:

Depends on why. I hear 'wrestler' and 'doesn't pay taxes' and my mind immediately goes to Val Venis/Kane territory.
There's nothing malicious to it, Trent is just weird/dumb/lazy

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

TAKA...told one of them that Suzuki-gun was played out and sucked as a faction

TAKA is dead to me.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

So Jae dropped this gem on a podcast about a month ago, but apparently the former president of Dragon Gate, Takashi Okamura, A: Believes in demons. B: Believed that a wrestler who was on a slump of bad matches or poor crowd reactions was because they were being possessed by demons. C: Would perform exorcisms on these under-performing wrestlers.

So that's pretty up there.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Takashi Okamura: "What I am about to do has not been sanctioned by the Vatican."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandman McMahon posted:

Isn’t that basically what happened to him in WWE as well? Regular weed was just a fine, but synthetic pot was a full blown strike under the wellness policy, if I recall correctly, which ultimately resulted in his termination. Like, that’s some dumb poo poo. Just smoke real weed and you’ll keep your job, that’s a pretty easy win-win scenario in my mind.

Also this reminds me of some other dumb poo poo: Rob Van Dam

Motherfucker was one of the very first people to go over John Cena at the peak of the SuperCena push, wins his first WWE title (while already ECW champ) in a crazy-memorable match, and then he loses it all a few weeks later when him and Sabu get busted smoking pot while driving to the next town. That’s some dumb poo poo.

i mean rvd was dropping the wwe championship not too long later anyway at SNME, and he was just going to be the focus-guy for WWECW

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017
The guy who got hit with a car and may have had his dick blown off at the GCW show yesterday

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

RVD having to drop the belt was great for the reaction of that kid in the crowd when Edge won, though.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

How in the world are Americans who were big in Japan like AJ Styles flat earthers? Did they take a loving boat?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

HPJoker posted:

The guy who got hit with a car and may have had his dick blown off at the GCW show yesterday

I erm need to know more on this

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

CombineThresher posted:

His wallet is also a ziplock bag and he decided to do big planchas every NJPW match and not get caught. Because he had another injury and they would fix it in Japan if he got hurt there.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Brodus Clay is another dumbass. He’s a fox commentator and aside from being an unfunny conservative commentator he’s also had multiple sexual harassment allegations.

As far as his wrestling career goes, he was gifted a gimmick that he could’ve milked for decades but instead abandoned it so he could be a generic monster heel.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Grem posted:

How in the world are Americans who were big in Japan like AJ Styles flat earthers? Did they take a loving boat?

Google Flat Earth Airline Routes and you'll understand.

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

Google Flat Earth Airline Routes and you'll understand.

I still don’t understand.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Grem posted:

I'm sure AJ was very nervous being that close to the edge of the world.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Knowing AJ he thinks the earth is flat due to some George Soros conspiracy.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

SOME GUY GOT HIS FUCKEN DICK BLOWN OFF??

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DangerDummy! posted:

No.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DangerDummy! posted:

Yes! But no, not really. Shlak vs JJ Allin, Shlak set off fireworks in a car while him and JJ were in it. Shlak then ran over JJ with the car, taped him to a chair, and set off a small firecracker on him. Honestly after being in a car shooting roman candles and being hit with a car the firecracker was the least dangerous bit.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Oh. Thank goodness.

Who were the guys who were going to capture the Zodiac killer? Did I dream that?

DangerDummy! fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 6, 2020

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

Go listen to his podcast about how the AEW belt was stolen

I listened to this but I didn't hear anything egregiously stupid. He suspects it was his driver and an accomplice but given the details from his POV I don't think it's unreasonable let alone award-winning stupidity :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah I don't think Jericho is notably dumb, just more of an rear end in a top hat than we'd previously known.