Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1587927651188035584?s=46&t=sUWVDCF76rnjY7eRqTs93g

the washington enron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
If he was hiding revenue wouldent that open the league to a lawsuit by the players since it suppressed the cap?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Yeah which is likely why the owners are ready to kick Snyder out. If he had to open his books it's possible the NFLPA can request the books of all the other owners to check variances… and they don't want that to happen.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Yeah which is likely why the owners are ready to kick Snyder out. If he had to open his books it's possible the NFLPA can request the books of all the other owners to check variances… and they don't want that to happen.

Just a big ol woopsie doodle here.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

drunk leprechaun posted:

He covered up/participated in a workplace culture that was incredibly sexist and has some harassment accusations against him personally. He doubled down on a racist team name and logo for a decade plus and only changed it when basically forced to. He is openly hostile to his own fans, and continues to play the three jurisdictions in the team's fan area against each other.

Plus he's supposed to be a dick and just generally unpleasant to be around. Which is the bigger issue for the other owners really. He's not a good hang and they want him out of their club.

there is so, so, SO much more.

For example, this little rear end in a top hat bribed some high up park service officials in the Bush Administration to let him cut down a couple hundred trees on national parkland so he would have a better view of the Potomac River. And when a park ranger objected, he hosed with the guy's career. And when the ranger filed a whistleblower complaint, he was framed for grand theft (and acquitted at trial).

https://deadspin.com/dan-snyder-killed-some-trees-and-a-park-ranger-paid-th-1494113337

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
The Washington Bez-Z's.

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1588227371685093378

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Washington Beezy would be hilarious for all the reasons the owners wouldn't think.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

99 problems but free prime ain’t one of them

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

99 problems but free prime ain’t one of them

If you're having law problems I feel bad for you 'Sny,

I got 110 billion and Prime is why

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
The Washington D.C. Attorneys General

WASHINGTON (AP) — The attorney general for the District of Columbia said he is holding a news conference about the Washington Commanders on Thursday, the latest off-field development for the NFL franchise that is the subject of multiple ongoing investigations.

The office of D.C. Attorney General Karl A. Racine announced Wednesday he will make a major announcement related to the team. No details were provided.

Racine's office launched an investigation into the team around the time the U.S. House Committee for Oversight and Reform referred its case, which began with workplace culture issues, to the Federal Trade Commission for potential financial improprieties.

The team is being investigated on several fronts, including by the attorneys general of D.C. and Virginia, Congress and the league. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy last week said former U.S. Attorney Mary Jo White's review on behalf of the league is ongoing and there is no timetable for when it will be completed.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2474731/amp

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

CocoaNuts posted:

The Washington D.C. Attorneys General

WASHINGTON (AP) — The attorney general for the District of Columbia said he is holding a news conference about the Washington Commanders on Thursday, the latest off-field development for the NFL franchise that is the subject of multiple ongoing investigations.

The office of D.C. Attorney General Karl A. Racine announced Wednesday he will make a major announcement related to the team. No details were provided.

Racine's office launched an investigation into the team around the time the U.S. House Committee for Oversight and Reform referred its case, which began with workplace culture issues, to the Federal Trade Commission for potential financial improprieties.

The team is being investigated on several fronts, including by the attorneys general of D.C. and Virginia, Congress and the league. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy last week said former U.S. Attorney Mary Jo White's review on behalf of the league is ongoing and there is no timetable for when it will be completed.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2474731/amp

The Washington No, Dig UPs

quote:

ASHBURN, Va. -- The agent for Washington Commanders running back Brian Robinson took issue with the team invoking his client's shooting in their preemptive response to the District of Columbia Attorney General's upcoming announcement regarding the organization.

A Commanders spokesperson, in a statement Wednesday night, pushed back on the attorney general's possible announcement and in doing so made reference to Robinson, who in August was shot twice in the right leg during a robbery attempt while going to a restaurant in D.C.

"Less than three months ago, a 23-year-old player on our team was shot multiple times, in broad daylight," the statement began. "Despite the out -of-control violent crime in DC, today the Washington Commanders learned for the first time on Twitter that the D.C. Attorney General will be holding a press conference to "make a major announcement" related to the organization tomorrow."

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

fast cars loose anus posted:

The Washington No, Dig UPs

That "Commanders" organization is the epitome of pathetic.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

The Washington Embarassments

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Motion to close thread, as a name has been selected.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

General Dog posted:

Motion to close thread, as a name has been selected.

We might as well leave it open because everyone assumes the new owners will pick another name

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The bar has been set so low, that just about anything is going to be greeted positively.

The Washington Ambassadors? Sure! Awesome!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I don’t see any reason for a second take at it unless they go back to WFT, or the name before that.

Commanders is lame and generic, but not moreso than “Panthers” or “Texans”.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 10, 2022

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Uhhh the NFL is in trouble. Not just Snyder. The NFL.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Uhhh the NFL is in trouble. Not just Snyder. The NFL.

We will rename every team to save the NFL

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This never would have happened if they had kept it Football Team.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Suit seems like a bit of a stunt; I think it's pretty tough to make an argument for harm to consumers based on the franchise's workplace misconduct. It

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
The Washington Colluders!

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1590779922057900032

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

General Dog posted:

Suit seems like a bit of a stunt; I think it's pretty tough to make an argument for harm to consumers based on the franchise's workplace misconduct. It

yeah every person involved sucks but my initial reaction to the announcement was "uh good luck I guess"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm more interested in all of this just hastening the sale of the team.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

predicto posted:

The Washington Embarassments

The Washington Congressmen?

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
The Washington Teetotalers.

ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Commanders disciplined a handful of players for violating a league rule about drinking on a team plane, but the league will take no further action, a source confirmed to ESPN on Friday.

The NFL sent a memo to every team Friday afternoon from commissioner Roger Goodell, reminding them of the rule and that any violations would result in "significant discipline." After the Tennessee Titans' win over the Green Bay Packers on Thursday night, Titans offensive coordinator Todd Downing was arrested for DUI early Friday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35055050/source-commanders-discipline-players-drinking-plane

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
https://twitter.com/eric_crocker/status/1640401983860359188

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Washington poo poo Waves

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

the Washington Redskins

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Washington Fartfaces

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

LOL

Washington Money Grubbers

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/lizroscher/status/1646611785523372032

Holy poo poo, this timeline of poo poo goes on forever

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Red posted:

https://twitter.com/lizroscher/status/1646611785523372032

Holy poo poo, this timeline of poo poo goes on forever

It goes on forever and there’s still stuff they left out! Sean Taylor’s death, the circumstances behind the hiring of Jim Zorn, Swinging Gate, expired World Cup beer, and probably some other notable/memorable stuff aren’t mentioned.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I just fixate on the peanuts from an out of business airline

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dan Snyder managed to kill my multi-generational Washington family fanhood single-handedly. Just an awful loving human.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I know, think about how many more Ravens fans are in the world thanks to Dan. Just monstrous.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
the US Dan Marino Corps

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

bump

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1661411892168884235

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
On one hand, :rubby:

On the other hand, they'll go thru another cycle of getting a new name, so new merchandise to sell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

The Washington NoDanSnyders

Merchandise sales would be astronomical