Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

predicto posted:

The Washington NoDanSnyders

Merchandise sales would be astronomical
A colleague of mine said that if DC held a parade to celebrate Snyder selling, he would attend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011
I had grown to accept Football Team, but thought Commanders was dumb. They should just go back to WFT, though I will miss calling them the Commies.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

WFT is for people who like white bread, vanilla ice cream, and use Mario in Mario 2.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Washington Commuters

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Dave posted:

WFT is for people who like white bread, vanilla ice cream, and use Mario in Mario 2.

Reminded me of this masterpiece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kov-gzuhDc

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

The Dave posted:

It's also a great way to let old chud assholes keep using the slur name.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Q_res posted:

It's also a great way to let old chud assholes keep using the slur name.

Won’t they do that regardless?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Pontius Pilate posted:

Won’t they do that regardless?

The WFT colors/logo were similar enough that chud assholes just pretended it was still the Slurs name.

The 'Commanders' aren't much better, but at least they have black and yellow to differentiate. The current uniforms look like cheap college poo poo.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Red posted:

The WFT colors/logo were similar enough that chud assholes just pretended it was still the Slurs name.

The 'Commanders' aren't much better, but at least they have black and yellow to differentiate. The current uniforms look like cheap college poo poo.

Was that not okay? Was it the worst thing in the world for that franchise not to actively stick its finger in the eye of its longsuffering fans in that one small, specific way?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
The colors are good. Burgundy is a beautiful and relatively unique base color for a team. There are a lot of teams with red or maroon as a base color, but burgundy is a different color: more rich and purply-red and done right it is simply better. And gold is a good accent color for burgundy.

The colors are the only thing they should keep. Dump the owner, the name, the stadium, the coaches, all of it. Keep the burgundy.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Washington Burgundyskins

Red
Apr 15, 2003

predicto posted:

The colors are good. Burgundy is a beautiful and relatively unique base color for a team. There are a lot of teams with red or maroon as a base color, but burgundy is a different color: more rich and purply-red and done right it is simply better. And gold is a good accent color for burgundy.

The colors are the only thing they should keep. Dump the owner, the name, the stadium, the coaches, all of it. Keep the burgundy.

Make them look like DC. White and gray, standard and sterile.

Name them something like Washington Government Team, and all the jersey numbers are like TB343881Z.4

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Red posted:

Name them something like Washington Government Team, and all the jersey numbers are like TB343881Z.4

This is like me visiting the Liberty Bell and concluding that all of Philadelphia looks like that

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Washington 501c3s

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Redskins F.C.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Red posted:

DC is neither "standard" nor "sterile." Of all the insults you could level at the city, those are among the least sensible.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
It's the city of no sausages.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
what is dc's signature dish?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A wide array of really good ethnic restaurants that have been priced out of the city itself to make way for a Peruvian sushi fusion place.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Kalli posted:

A wide array of really good ethnic restaurants that have been priced out of the city itself to make way for a Peruvian sushi fusion place.

This describes every major coastal city.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Means testing

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yudo posted:

DC is neither "standard" nor "sterile." Of all the insults you could level at the city, those are among the least sensible.

No, but it's still funny because it's a play on the assumptions of the rest of the country.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Red posted:

No, but it's still funny because it's a play on the assumptions of the rest of the country.

The Washington Form 36A-Bs, then, is fitting.

Yudo fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 6, 2023

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

for the district itself? the half smoke. mumbo sauce too. more generally, Ethiopian, Salvadorian, and Afghan food, because a lot of refugees in the area. not saying half smokes are great but there's a whole lot of culture here that has nothing to do with the legislature that the city doesn't even get a voice in

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

"Loved" by US Presidents*.

*for local photo ops

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

I see W and Obama so assuming it’s a more recent thing? Did trump not go for totally not racist reasons or do they not want to advertise it?

And as a Chicago hot dog apologist, the half smoke is another acceptable regional sausage dish, get out of here seattle with your cream cheese

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Corruption.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

I haven’t been to Ben’s Chili Bowl in probably five years, maybe longer, but I went to their new (at the time) Arlington location and they had Bill Cosby up there really big on the wall. IIRC this was right around when the bad news about him was coming out and it seemed to me like they were standing by him, or maybe just didn’t have the heart to cover up the mural they’d just spent a bunch of money on. Anyway I wonder if they’ve still got his pictures up there.

New name for the team: Washington Cosby Loyalists

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DC's signature dish is a hot dog sold out of a trailer in front of the Air and Space Museum where you have to selectively ignore the fact that the guy that just sold it to you has a piss bucket next to the hot dogs and you eat it without trying to make eye contact with a guy trying to tell you how the Chinese made hot dogs out of Falun Gong practitioners.

Not sure how to put this on a shirt

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yudo
May 15, 2003

DC doesn't have a signature dish. There, I said it. It was a small city for much of its history, and now that it has reached a level of affluence, it is overwhelmed by transplants of the most insufferable variety. Which is to say, if DC had an identity, it has long since been diluted by gentrification. This isn't unique to DC: compare times square in the 1980s to its current Disney theme park incarnation, for example.

Anyways, I don't care if I'm boring: WFT is fine. "Commanders" is just awful.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
DC doesn't have a signature food.

Go-Go slaps tho.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

what the gently caress is a half smoke

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Alaois posted:

what the gently caress is a half smoke

A kind of sausage-ish hot dog. It's good.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Washington Chili Bowls in honor of the city's only real cultural institution of note

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Yudo posted:

It was a small city for much of its history

I think a lot of people have no idea how drat small DC was before WWI and still small before WWII. Even the entire metro area was much smaller. Fairfax County alone has more people now than the entire region did in 1940.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Congrats to Washington fans! Your long national nightmare is over.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Congrats to Washington fans! Your long national nightmare is over.

Oh poo poo :stare:

I didn’t even know this was in the works. gently caress you, Dan Snyder, for killing my love of NFL football single-handedly.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
really hope they change the name again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Washington Commanders 2